ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014
Samhain -- Chicago, IL -- September 13th, 2014

Old 12-30-2012, 12:47 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
3 shows in 8 years...christ... I'd say Electric Wizard at MDF was probably as good as this performance, but I was stoned then, and sober last night... also I don't even like Neurosis. I don't really like the soft-loud dynamics of post-metal but it was the best part of the show last night... I hadn't really listened to them before so I didn't know the songs at all, so waiting during the droning parts and wondering when they would EXPLODE was a pleasant torture, if you will... then when they finally EXPLODED, I just fucking shot forward with organic ecstasy and orgasmic energy beaming from me

@ InFlames: yeah Lincoln was on the rail in the center I'd say, and I was right behind him... he kept hitting me with his dirty metalhead hair though

Yup, I was the guy in the gray hoodie on the center rail, so I think I was a person or two next to you guys!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:56 PM
N00B

Ha so there were a lot of us there and near the front it seems. I'll be at Graveyard, Gojira/Devy, Testament/Overkill, Nile, and Marduk/Inquisition if anyone wants to grab a beer beforehand. Also Primate/Death of Kings.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlamesOfBirchmen View Post
Where were you in the crowd? I was on the front rail the whole time. I managed to snag one of Scott's picks at the end!
Yeah, I was up front, too. I was right across from Steve. Fucking incredible show on all counts. Had a black Nachtmystium shirt on; long-haired fella.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 12-30-2012, 03:16 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenReaper View Post
Ha so there were a lot of us there and near the front it seems. I'll be at Graveyard, Gojira/Devy, Testament/Overkill, Nile, and Marduk/Inquisition if anyone wants to grab a beer beforehand. Also Primate/Death of Kings.
I'll definitely be at Gojira/DTP, and I'm looking into Graveyard. When is the Primate show?
Old 12-30-2012, 03:18 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
I'll take you up on that after May 21
Old 12-30-2012, 05:13 PM
N00B

Why wait so long? Primate are 1/18 at the Star Bar. Then playing again shortly after at WonderRoot. Check out Death Of Kings if you havent, one of my favorite Atlanta bands. Kinda thrashy Maiden meets Skeletonwitch. Definitely check out Graveyard too, 95% of what I listen to is metal but these guys but on a powerful hard rock / bluesy show.

Why after May 21st?
Old 12-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Why after May 21st?
Turns 21, probably.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 12-30-2012, 06:08 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
Turns 21, probably.

I may go to Gojira, but more than likely I'll decide to stay home. Slightly greater chance I'll go to Today is the Day. Marduk and Inquisition are actually my two favorite black metal bands but I know they'll sound like shit upstairs, so I'll more than likely skip it. I'll probably go to Nile though. Also, maybe Meshuggah, because 1) it's at Center Stage; 2) Intronaut is on it; 3) I hear Meshuggah has a great live show.

Definitely going to Terror too, dunno if you're into them.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:51 PM
One who onions things

So at 10:14 tonight I had zero chance or hope of going to the New Years show and at 10:15 I get handed a physical ticket to the event. Probably one of the more awesome WTF moments I've ever had.

I've been spending the weekend recording a technical metal band called Dimesland over at Trakworx Studio where Hammers of Misfortune, Ludicra and Slough Feg have recorded. Their guitarist Drew, who is also in Wild Hunt, and I found out we had a lot of the same music in common and we talked about the Neurosis show and how it was invite only. As we were tearing down only a couple hours ago dude just hands me a ticket to the show! Drew mentioned that he's friends with Dave from Neurosis and so I guess he hooked up him up. FUCK YEAH BITCHES.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 12-30-2012, 11:09 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
So at 10:14 tonight I had zero chance or hope of going to the New Years show and at 10:15 I get handed a physical ticket to the event. Probably one of the more awesome WTF moments I've ever had.

I've been spending the weekend recording a technical metal band called Dimesland over at Trakworx Studio where Hammers of Misfortune, Ludicra and Slough Feg have recorded. Their guitarist Drew, who is also in Wild Hunt, and I found out we had a lot of the same music in common and we talked about the Neurosis show and how it was invite only. As we were tearing down only a couple hours ago dude just hands me a ticket to the show! Drew mentioned that he's friends with Dave from Neurosis and so I guess he hooked up him up. FUCK YEAH BITCHES.
Sweet luck there man!
10/28 - Mike Watt
10/29 - Melvins
11/7 - 7 Seconds