It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014

Old 12-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Wasn't that a mother and daughter?
Yeah, he did the joke that way to but since a monther and daughter weren't in the crowd that night I guess he changed it up a bit. There was probably a standard list of insults Bubba regualrly used.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:08 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Wasn't that a mother and daughter?
I'm pretty sure they recycled insults when they weren't on tv.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:13 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
So the house show I went to last night was pretty awesome. Great seats and some good matches.

Got to see a battle royal which was pretty cool.

Also a threeway match with Wade Barret vs Alerbto Del Rio vs Kofi Kingston! I really like Barret and Kofi is fucking amazing as always. Kofi had one of the loudest reactions of the night.

Main event was Big Show vs Shemus in a cage match and that was actually a insanely good match. Then they thanked up and everyone started to leave. Next thing you know they start announcing that it appears the curfew is 11 not 1030 so they have time for one more match which was originally cancelled due some of the guys not arriving yet.

So they start taking down the cage and Matt Striker announces that one of the men in the last match which was a 6 man tag would be Ryback! The crowd went fucking apeshit. So eventually Ryback comes out and the crowd goes apeshit! Then all of a sudden fucking Daniel Byrant walks out of the ramp and that crowd lost it mind again! Even I was going crazy. Then the lights went out and the music started and Kane came out! Again, apeshit!

Next thing you know I look to my right (We were pretty close to the floor plus I had a aisle seat) and one of the guys from the shield is standing right next to me. He stood there for like 2 minutes before going down to the ring since The Shield were all coming down from each side of the arena. But I got a amazing picture of him since he was only like 10 inches from me.

The match though was really good and afterwards Daniel Byrant was just playing with the crowd for a while.

Really cool ending to a fun night.
So Kofi, Ryback, Kane are Smackdown guys? I thought for sure they were "officially" on RAW. With them not sticking to the brand split anymore it's hard to tell which guys are on which roster now. I wasn't even sure if Bryan was still supposed to be a SD guy anymore either.

Big Show and Sheamus have been putting on some good PPV matches these last couple of months so it's no surprise the match was good. In terms of knowing how to play his character and his in ring work, I think the last two or three years have been the best of Big Show's career. He's really doing everything equally as good over the last couple years.

My only knock on Sheamus is that they make him too comical. He needs to be a straight up badass like he was when he first turned face. He's a good in ring worker and has decent mic skills and a likeability to him. Some ocassional comedy is good but he needs to be a more serious character. They're making him too much like Cena with all this funny stuff and not taking things as seriously as he should, that's not a good thing.

House shows are always fun because you get quality matches and there's no time taken up by all the recaps and twitter/tout bullshit.

A little something for all the AJ Lee fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_kRNX7CftgM
Old 12-29-2012, 11:12 AM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
No, you always have more fun at house shows than TV tapings. Especially today when RAW is a bunch of recap vidoes, advertising and commentarotrs talking that you can't even here live. Seriously, the last live RAW I went to was in Feburary of 2011, Triple H pedigreed Sheamus through the announce table after being gone for almost a year, in case anyone remembers that. Anyways, it was all videos, interviews and skits both in the ring and in back and hardly any wrestling happened on the show. The worse thing was the crock did one of his boring ass 20 minute "via satillite" promos to hype that he was hosting wrestlemania. It was just fuckin awful, not only because it was one of the crock's usual outdated and never been funny lame catchpharase after lame catchpharase promos but if I wanted to watch someone on the screen I wouldn't have bought a ticket and stayed home instead. Easily the deadest crowd i've ever seen for a whole show and i've been going to wrestling events since 1986.
Yeah, but I've been to a few crappy house shows too. I remember one in Toronto in late 2003 that advertised Goldberg and a cage match between Kane and Shane McMahon. Goldberg came out right at the beginning and speared Maven (I think) and that was it, less than a minute. And the cage match was cheesy. And I went to another particularly bad one in Oshawa in early 2005 or 2006. Right before MNM debuted, because they wrestled there and no one knew who they were. It was just a bad show all around.

Most of the Raws/Smackdowns I went to did suck, except one that was a RAW and Smackdown taping and Vickie Guerrero came out at the beginning and the crowd hatred was INTENSE. That was fun.

Of the PPVs I've been to only Wrestlemania X8 was memorable (obviously). Summerslam 2004 sucked and Unforgiven 2006 wasn't very good either. The only good part of Summerslam wasn't on TV, it was when some guy jumped from the crowd onto JBL's limo roof, and fell through. Later in the match the Undertaker chokeslammed JBL through the limo roof, but the cat was already out of the bag for the live audience.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 12-29-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
So Kofi, Ryback, Kane are Smackdown guys? I thought for sure they were "officially" on RAW. With them not sticking to the brand split anymore it's hard to tell which guys are on which roster now. I wasn't even sure if Bryan was still supposed to be a SD guy anymore either.
It's another surefire sign that the brand extension should just end. It really only involves mid/low-card guys anymore. Neither show has enough main-eventers to stand on their own.

07/06 -- U2
Old 12-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:

Big Show and Sheamus have been putting on some good PPV matches these last couple of months so it's no surprise the match was good. In terms of knowing how to play his character and his in ring work, I think the last two or three years have been the best of Big Show's career. He's really doing everything equally as good over the last couple years.

My only knock on Sheamus is that they make him too comical. He needs to be a straight up badass like he was when he first turned face. He's a good in ring worker and has decent mic skills and a likeability to him. Some ocassional comedy is good but he needs to be a more serious character. They're making him too much like Cena with all this funny stuff and not taking things as seriously as he should, that's not a good thing.

House shows are always fun because you get quality matches and there's no time taken up by all the recaps and twitter/tout bullshit.

A little something for all the AJ Lee fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_kRNX7CftgM

No they still pushed tout a shit load!
Old 12-29-2012, 05:57 PM

Okay, so like I keep saying I don't watch WWE broadcasting at all these days but I read recaps and go on boards. What the fuck is 'Tout'?

07/06 -- U2
Old 12-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
It's another surefire sign that the brand extension should just end. It really only involves mid/low-card guys anymore. Neither show has enough main-eventers to stand on their own.
I looked up the rosters on WWE's page. Kofi, Kane, Bryan, Ryback and The Shield are all on the RAW roster. If they needed these guys to complete a Smackdown house show card then they really need to unify the world titles and put the shows back together. Which is something i've been in favor of for awhile now. The WWE probably won't do that though since having two brands will allow them to run more house shows in more places on the weekends which creates more revenue. If they really want to keep the shows seperate then they need to honor that. Build up the rosters better that way each show can stand on it's own. If makes no sense to have the WWE champ and the world heavyweight champ wrestling on the same show (RAW) every week. It confuses the hell out of the real fans, so it might just be turning off potential new fans who can't make sense out of it either.

The shame of it is, they have the talent to make two seperate rosters good on their own without anyone crossing between them. They just need to buld everyone up better. One of the main problems is there are no credible mid card verterans around right now to help put the younger guys over and give them a boost. So all you have is young up and comer beating another young up and comer and nobody gains anything out of it since these guys lack credibility in the eyes of the fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
No they still pushed tout a shit load!
Oh well, hopefully they didn't do as bad of a job selling it as Cole and Lawler do with everything. Those two couldn't sell a fully cooked steak to a starving homeless man.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:31 PM

The brand split was good from it's inception until Brock left really. After that RAW thrived with Triple H, Flair, Booker T, Jericho, Evolution, Benoit. Even though Smackdown still had Angle and Undertaker it really started to suffer. Putting the belt on JBL was a death sentence. In hindsight he wasn't too bad but at the time it was terrible. Once Cena exploded after Wrestlemania 21 things could have picked up for Smackdown but they traded him to Raw. Sure, Smackdown got Batista but he was nowhere near the level of Cena. It was downhill from there.

The brand split made sense at first since they had so many starts after the Invasion. But once all those guys started retiring, leaving, getting fired and dying it really became senseless. The Royal Rumble last year was a prime example. You look at the list from 2003 (first year after the split) and it's filled with stars and beloved wrestlers with a few jobbers in there. In 2012's Rumble there are four guys I still consider stars (Jericho, Orton, Sheamus and Big Show) and the rest are all fine wrestlers, but nobodies.

I really hope they up the ante with this years Rumble and either bring out some stars (yesteryears or todays, even if it means people wrestling twice in one night) or at least do something memorable. The only thing I remember from last years was knowing that Michael Cole and Booker T were going to enter after Jerry Lawler did. And Kharma's return/final appearance.

07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; 12-29-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

I should point out that they did announce before the match that the Ryback, Daniel Byrant, Kane Vs The Shield match was just for Chicago since it was the opening night of the tour and the day after christmas.