Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Old 12-26-2012, 12:08 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_M_S View Post
God, hopefully. That was probably the worst load-in we had all tour for our gear. I can see them doing OKC at a different venue, just not at the Zoo. I should have phrased that better.
I went there in '10 for Mayhem. I don't see how that went there more than once. The stage times had to be different b/c of lack of a 2nd stage. And the best part was, when it came to in between song talking there was to be no vulgar language. I wish I was making this up but sadly I am not.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:29 PM
I came here for 3rd Strike setlists, where are the 3rd Strike setlists

Yeah, I was there in 2009, I think, whatever year Manson was on it, it was the final show of the tour. They had a big sign in his dressing room about the swearing, and he just went out there and swore his ass off. They had the same rules this year, and I think Betraying the Martyrs were the first band to break it, then Asking Alexandria did it a bunch of times. I had a profanity tally going on the dry erase board in the Metal Blade tent. I didn't watch any of Slipknot or Slayer this year, I don't think, that was a super hot day and I just went and sat on the bus and watched movies until we left. I wish there was some sort of outdoor amphitheater setup in Norman instead of OKC, just so I could go wander around my old college campus again and act cool because I knew where everything was.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I was there in 2009, I think, whatever year Manson was on it, it was the final show of the tour. They had a big sign in his dressing room about the swearing, and he just went out there and swore his ass off. They had the same rules this year, and I think Betraying the Martyrs were the first band to break it, then Asking Alexandria did it a bunch of times. I had a profanity tally going on the dry erase board in the Metal Blade tent. I didn't watch any of Slipknot or Slayer this year, I don't think, that was a super hot day and I just went and sat on the bus and watched movies until we left. I wish there was some sort of outdoor amphitheater setup in Norman instead of OKC, just so I could go wander around my old college campus again and act cool because I knew where everything was.
Yea. Rob Zombie in '10 was the biggest offender for the swearing. That is just the most stale environment to have a show if you have to watch your language. I wish they'd do something closer to Tulsa (I'm getting greedy bc its a shorter drive).
Old 12-26-2012, 02:04 PM

Something near the giant praying hands, maybe
Old 12-26-2012, 08:43 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Quote:
I went to an offdate with Lamb of God the day after their last Mayhem Festival date, and Randy mentioned that they weren't allowed to swear onstage because it was too close to a zoo with small children; a $2,500 fine awaited everyone who uttered profanity. He then went on a fifteen second "speech" consisting of nothing but swear words to make up for lost time in Oklahoma.
10/28 - Mike Watt
10/29 - Melvins
11/7 - 7 Seconds
Old 12-27-2012, 08:36 AM

And it's not just a blanket fine, it's apparently 2,500 per utterance.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
And it's not just a blanket fine, it's apparently 2,500 per utterance.
I'm pretty sure in Zombie's set he blew through more F bombs that I could not have paid for in what I make in a year.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:19 AM
N00B

Is the no swearing rule just for the inbetween song banter, or do they keep track of the lyrics in the songs as well?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Is the no swearing rule just for the inbetween song banter, or do they keep track of the lyrics in the songs as well?
In between songs.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:25 PM
N00B

Yeah the zoo went under new management and said no more Mayhem cuz of zombie and 5FDP and Slipknot and Lamb of God all saying fuck the zoo amp so its goin g to be just country shows every so offten I could see them doing it at chesapeak and blocking a street for the side stages