Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014
Snakecharmer -- London, England -- July 11th, 2014
Aerosmith -- Wantagh, NY -- July 10th, 2014
311 -- Lansing, MI -- July 9th, 2014

Old 12-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
So I'm taking my grandma to see Smackdown tomorrow night. That was her christmas gift from me.

She started crying from how happy she got.
Wow, your grandma is a wrestling fan to? Since they were off tonight because of the holiday, i'm pretty sure your show will be the Smackdown TV taping for this week.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:43 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
am i the only one who noticed how uncomfortable michael cole and the king were during RAW last night? talk about "losing your core fan base 101"
Last night was probably the first full RAW I've watched in at least three years and I found a lot very difficult. Just so many stupid little things. But the thing that bugged me the most was Daniel Bryans "NO, NO, NO" chants. It was okay when he was the heel champion but now WWE has just turned him into a cartoon character.
11/01 - Suffocation
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 12-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Wow, your grandma is a wrestling fan to? Since they were off tonight because of the holiday, i'm pretty sure your show will be the Smackdown TV taping for this week.
Yeah she's been into wrestling since like the 70's.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:58 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Yeah she's been into wrestling since like the 70's.
Same with my dad, he's been a fan for like 50 years. He still watches it today. He's the reason my older brother and I became life long fans. In fact it's rare that when we get together if the conversation doesn't drift into what's going on in wrestling at that time.

Since the show you're going to tonight might be the Smackdown taping for the week, maybe you'll see something cool like Ziggler cashing in his MITB. He's gotta do it at some point right? And the WWE can sure use a shake up in the world title scene.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Same with my dad, he's been a fan for like 50 years. He still watches it today. He's the reason my older brother and I became life long fans. In fact it's rare that when we get together if the conversation doesn't drift into what's going on in wrestling at that time.

Since the show you're going to tonight might be the Smackdown taping for the week, maybe you'll see something cool like Ziggler cashing in his MITB. He's gotta do it at some point right? And the WWE can sure use a shake up in the world title scene.
Yeah my dad has been watching wrestling for like 40 years too. He actually has a bar in his place that is wrestling themed with tons of signed stuff including a ECW Championship Belt he bought then him and I went around and had a lot of the original ECW Champs sign it.

But I don't know if tonight will be the taping since it is billed as a house show and if I remember they said the biggest names would be like Orton and Shamus.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:43 AM

So the house show I went to last night was pretty awesome. Great seats and some good matches.

Got to see a battle royal which was pretty cool.

Also a threeway match with Wade Barret vs Alerbto Del Rio vs Kofi Kingston! I really like Barret and Kofi is fucking amazing as always. Kofi had one of the loudest reactions of the night.

Main event was Big Show vs Shemus in a cage match and that was actually a insanely good match. Then they thanked up and everyone started to leave. Next thing you know they start announcing that it appears the curfew is 11 not 1030 so they have time for one more match which was originally cancelled due some of the guys not arriving yet.

So they start taking down the cage and Matt Striker announces that one of the men in the last match which was a 6 man tag would be Ryback! The crowd went fucking apeshit. So eventually Ryback comes out and the crowd goes apeshit! Then all of a sudden fucking Daniel Byrant walks out of the ramp and that crowd lost it mind again! Even I was going crazy. Then the lights went out and the music started and Kane came out! Again, apeshit!

Next thing you know I look to my right (We were pretty close to the floor plus I had a aisle seat) and one of the guys from the shield is standing right next to me. He stood there for like 2 minutes before going down to the ring since The Shield were all coming down from each side of the arena. But I got a amazing picture of him since he was only like 10 inches from me.

The match though was really good and afterwards Daniel Byrant was just playing with the crowd for a while.

Really cool ending to a fun night.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:13 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
So the house show I went to last night was pretty awesome. Great seats and some good matches.

Got to see a battle royal which was pretty cool.

Also a threeway match with Wade Barret vs Alerbto Del Rio vs Kofi Kingston! I really like Barret and Kofi is fucking amazing as always. Kofi had one of the loudest reactions of the night.

Main event was Big Show vs Shemus in a cage match and that was actually a insanely good match. Then they thanked up and everyone started to leave. Next thing you know they start announcing that it appears the curfew is 11 not 1030 so they have time for one more match which was originally cancelled due some of the guys not arriving yet.

So they start taking down the cage and Matt Striker announces that one of the men in the last match which was a 6 man tag would be Ryback! The crowd went fucking apeshit. So eventually Ryback comes out and the crowd goes apeshit! Then all of a sudden fucking Daniel Byrant walks out of the ramp and that crowd lost it mind again! Even I was going crazy. Then the lights went out and the music started and Kane came out! Again, apeshit!

Next thing you know I look to my right (We were pretty close to the floor plus I had a aisle seat) and one of the guys from the shield is standing right next to me. He stood there for like 2 minutes before going down to the ring since The Shield were all coming down from each side of the arena. But I got a amazing picture of him since he was only like 10 inches from me.

The match though was really good and afterwards Daniel Byrant was just playing with the crowd for a while.

Really cool ending to a fun night.
Sometimes you have even more fun at house shows than TV tapings or PPV's. I've got a few good memories:
-Sitting in the third row at a RAW house show in Barrie, Ontario in late 2004. Triple H was there (!) and even though I hate the guy he got right in the face of some guy beside me. I mean nose-to-nose. And the guy was just giving it to Triple H. Triple H just stared right in the guys eyes, didn't even blink. And the guy was giving him a good verbal beating. The only bad part was Triple H's comebacks was something lame like, "your mother". But wow that was intense.
-Another house show in Barrie in summer 2006. I didn't like the DX reunion but for whatever reason at that show they announced a special third member of DX that evening: Ric Flair. Everyone went apeshit. Even though Ric Flair was still a very active competitor at the time but I don't think anyone thought Triple H, Shawn Micheals AND Ric Flair would come to a hole like Barrie.
-Meeting Rob Van Dam at a house show in Oshawa, Ontario in early 2003. My wife had to go to the bathroom, and I was pissed because we were late. So I stood there waiting for her and RVD was down the hall signing autographs. I turned into a twelve year old boy and went over and he was like, "hey dude, want me to sign my shirt?". I liked the shirt, and didn't want to ruin it, but I said yes anyway. Maven was there too, but no one cared.
-watching an incredible tag team match between AJ Styles and Samoa Joe against the LAX in Oshawa in early 2007, I think. I can't remember if it was Samoa Joe or Christopher Daniels, but it was a really good match.
11/01 - Suffocation
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 12-27-2012, 12:19 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

House shows are great...

I remember the first one I went to back in the Attitude era, I believe one of the matches was Mankind vs Triple H in a hardcore match. They ended up going backstage and all the crowd started saying "COME ON! THERE ARE NO VIDEO CAMERAS!!!", thus they abruptly came back out

I met Stacy Keibler, Scotty 2 Hotty, and Ric Flair when i won a backstage meet 'n' greet. They were all really cool and chill. RVD ended up showing up late and walked by my friend and I and said "Hey dudes!" and patted us on the shoulder (I was like... 14 or 15, maybe even younger, so it was AMAZING).

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 12-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Sometimes you have even more fun at house shows than TV tapings or PPV's.
No, you always have more fun at house shows than TV tapings. Especially today when RAW is a bunch of recap vidoes, advertising and commentarotrs talking that you can't even here live. Seriously, the last live RAW I went to was in Feburary of 2011, Triple H pedigreed Sheamus through the announce table after being gone for almost a year, in case anyone remembers that. Anyways, it was all videos, interviews and skits both in the ring and in back and hardly any wrestling happened on the show. The worse thing was the crock did one of his boring ass 20 minute "via satillite" promos to hype that he was hosting wrestlemania. It was just fuckin awful, not only because it was one of the crock's usual outdated and never been funny lame catchpharase after lame catchpharase promos but if I wanted to watch someone on the screen I wouldn't have bought a ticket and stayed home instead. Easily the deadest crowd i've ever seen for a whole show and i've been going to wrestling events since 1986.

It didn't used to be like that, the TV tapings used to be great back during the mid 80s/early 90s and during the attitude era house shows were equally as good. House shows and PPVs are the shows to see today because at least you get some real wrestling matches. I won't be attending a live RAW for awhile yet, the last one I went to was no doubt the worst WWF/E show i'd ever been to. I'll go to a house show for RAW but there is no way i'm sitting through the garbage that is the 3 hour recap and twitter/tout shilling show that it's become now.

One of my favorite house show memories was a WWF one my brother and I went to in 1996. Our seats were in the first row of the lower bowl, right by where the wrestlers came out. Basically when the wrestlers walked out and they looked to their left, my borther and I would've been just about the first people they saw. Owen Hart and The British Bulldog were in a tag match that night, they were heels and pretty much got booed out of the building as they made their entrance. My brother and I on the other hand gave them a standing ovation. Bulldog looked at us and gave us a thumbs up and Owen looked at us, rasied his fists in the air and yelled "Woooooo!!". It's strange to look back on that now that they're both dead but it was cool of them to acknowledge the only two people in the crowd cheering them that night

Wrestlers seem to be able to have more freedom at house shows to since it's not on TV. What adamclark said about Triple H and the fan having a staredown will happen at the non TV shows a lot more. Longtime fans seem to know that to since i've seen a lot of people talk more shit to the wrestlers at house shows than at the televised ones.

The Dudleys back in the old ECW days were the kings of staring down fans who would talk shit to them on the way to the ring. Then they would get in the ring and talk shit to the fans and sometimes they would get somebody so pissed they would jump the rail and try to get in the ring to get a piece of them. That happened at an ECW houe show I went to. The Dudleys got in the ring before their match and Bubba grabbed the mic and just started laying into some guy in the front. Finally after Bubba had been talking shit to him for a few minutes he said to the guy "I bet your mother taught you how to suck dick" and that set the dude off and he came over the rail. Security got him before he could get to the ring though. Oh, those were the days when a heel could actually be a fuckin heel.

I've got a lot of house show memories. I'm gonna have to think for awhile and i'll post some of the better stuff I can recall.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 12-27-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:43 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Quote:
"I bet your mother taught you how to suck dick" and that set the dude off and he came over the rail. Security got him before he could get to the ring though. Oh, those were the days when a heel could actually be a fuckin heel.
Wasn't that a mother and daughter?

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com