Awesome read so far. Brightened my shitty work a little haha
10/3 Anathema/ Alcest
10/4 Mark Lanegan
11/1 Dax Riggs
11/8 LOG/KSE
12/12 High on Fire
2/22 DT/OG
Old 12-23-2012, 03:41 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Terror - Febuary 20 : Montreal

When is Terror not an awesome show? Terror made the usually tame Montreal pits looks pretty decent. Just something about a Terror live show. Can't really put my finger on it. Scott is just a great frontman, and his uplifting banter is great. My buddy and I bought some of the infamous 10.3 % Labatt Blue Dry (which sells in 40's), so a GREAT buzz was had. Night was capped off by a trip a Kama Sutra, a decent MTL strip club. Not the best night I'd ever see there, but there were still some good ho's. Ending at a strip club always makes the night better, right?

One With The Underdogs + Lowest of the Low
Out of My Face + Betrayer
Keepers of The Faith

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 12-23-2012, 03:51 AM

Biohazard, Madball, Sworn Enemy, Brick By Brick : Febuary 8 - Poughkeepsie

Not sure if anyone has even been to the wonderful hamlet of downtown Poughkeepsie, but it's gorgeous . This was the 2nd time I had seen Biohazard @ The Chance Theatre, and both crowds were filled w/ bad-ass lookin mofo's. This show had one of the most "intimidating" crowds I'd ever seen at a show. Dude's close to my size everywhere, biker lookin dudes every 5 people, and some dudes that just looked rough. Show started w/ a Brick By Brick, a hardcore band from Albany. They were solid. I'd seen Sworn Enemy several times on this tour w/ Biohazard before, but this was probably their best performance. Lot's of energy from the crowd, which I hadn't seen a whole lot from in the earlier shows. Finally got to see Madball live, and they didn't disappoint. I was suprised how good their lead singer sounds live. And as always, Biohazard was great. Ton's of energy and the place was fucking packed, close to the 1,000 capacity I'd say. Met a couple of guys who had flown from fucking Portland, OR to follow Biohazard around for the work. I'm dedicated to Biohazard, but holy shit, those guys are hardcore. Mad respect. They're actually in a band called Proven, check their Facebook out. The only shitty theing about this trip was the 4 hour drive home. I had drank a few beers earlier in the show, so I had the post-booze sobriety coma going on, man was I tired. Had a to blast a few Monster's on the way home.

Urban Discipline
Chamber Spins Three

11/25-Slayer (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 12-23-2012 at 03:56 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:56 AM

Cannibal Corpse, Exhumed, Abysmal Dawn - Gainesville, FL : May 3

This worked out perfectly. My girlfriend and I were vacationing in Orlando, and CC was playing just north of there in Gainesville. No-brainer, as tix were cheap, I hadn't seen CC since 2010, and I got to see an area of Florida I hadn't previously. Double Down is a typically dumpy-ish metal bar/venue, but the setup was fairly sweet. They have a large, fenced in area to drink outside the venue. There was also a bar outside w/ TVs, so I was able to watch the NHL playoffs between bands. Suprising how many hockey fans were there, considering this was Florida and all. Abysmal Dawn was solid as they usually are. Don't dig them all that much, but I never mind seeing them as an opener. I will get castrated here, but I'm not the biggest Exhumed fan. They just don't do much for me. But their performance here was good, and they seem to have a really good time on stage. CC killed as they always do. Corpsegriner's wife and children were at the show, so I was suprised to hear some of his usual banter. LOL, he always says some funny shit. At one point, somebody threw an empty can at him onstage and he got PISSED. He said something like "Let me find out who you are, and you won't walk out of here." Was also cool to see songs from Torture for the first time. Also, Alex was wearing the Devourment "She Should Have Said Yes" shirt, which was awesome . Never got around to putting up vids on YT.

11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 12-23-2012, 11:51 AM
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.

Cool reviews so far man!

Terror shows scare me, especially since they are always at Chain Reaction yeah I'd probably die. Also I think CC is overrated as hell on cd but live they just crush and are fuuucking heavy! Especially Scourge of Iron!
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15
Old 12-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Tinnitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
The Devil Wears Prada - Mayhem Fest Saratoga Springs : July 31

I don't think I have to really go into detail why I wouldn't like a performance by these guys, but I will. I just can't stand this style of metalcore, emocore, fagcore, whatever the fuck you wanna call it. I couldn't stand their gay-ass hair, their gay-ass clothes, their gay-ass music. Now, since it's so cool to be a hipster, these fags all said, "Hey, why don't we wear multi-colored shirts and nerdy, black-rimmed glasses? We'll be COOL!!" Fucking fags. Fucking hate hipsters. Now onto the actual performance. DREADFUL. The music is what I hated the worst, but because I hate their stupid gay-ass "style", made it even worse.
Someone be mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny
Night was capped off by a trip a Kama Sutra, a decent MTL strip club.
That is the best name for a strip club.

Can't wait to see the rest of the list. How exactly insane are Terror shows? I'm planning on seeing them for the first time in February and I was just curious.

Also, Corpsegrinder's family at a CC gig? That's awesome. Sounds like a cool vacation you had.
11/24 DFA 1979
12/9 ETID
Old 12-23-2012, 01:30 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
The Devil Wears Prada - Mayhem Fest Saratoga Springs : July 31

I don't think I have to really go into detail why I wouldn't like a performance by these guys, but I will. I just can't stand this style of metalcore, emocore, fagcore, whatever the fuck you wanna call it. I couldn't stand their gay-ass hair, their gay-ass clothes, their gay-ass music. Now, since it's so cool to be a hipster, these fags all said, "Hey, why don't we wear multi-colored shirts and nerdy, black-rimmed glasses? We'll be COOL!!" Fucking fags. Fucking hate hipsters. Now onto the actual performance. DREADFUL. The music is what I hated the worst, but because I hate their stupid gay-ass "style", made it even worse.
You are now my god.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 12-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Cool reviews so far man!

Terror shows scare me, especially since they are always at Chain Reaction yeah I'd probably die. Also I think CC is overrated as hell on cd but live they just crush and are fuuucking heavy! Especially Scourge of Iron!
Terror is the number 1 band off all time for me that makes me want to dance and move. Any song. I can't even listen to Stick Tight without wanting to dive and get chiils.

I got that mad love for Terror.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
You are now my god.
Please explain? Childish rants make someone a god? I just dont understand hating some music genre so much
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15
Old 12-23-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Terror is the number 1 band off all time for me that makes me want to dance and move. Any song. I can't even listen to Stick Tight without wanting to dive and get chiils.

I got that mad love for Terror.
Noiiice! I'll see em one day just to witness the carnage.
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15