Last
Fertile Green
Speedwolf
Rumors of War
DII
Fury Whip
Madness of an Architect
Snakes for the Divine

This was my last show for 2012 and i must say it was a great way to go out. Not only was this one of the best shows of the year for me but goddamn high on fire blew me away on another level that i did not expect. The bands sound was crystal clear picture perfect. Everything just came out so loud, so vivid and so fucking clean. The bass was rumbling through out the venue and earth shattering to my ear canals. Matt pikes Guitar tone was loud, heavy and rough on all sides and edges, oh and the drums was loud like a fucking beast hitting every note to perfection!!! I'm not going to go on a long sloppy rant like my other reviews because quite frankly there are already a shit ton of reviews from other people who attended this current tour such as mankz, void flame, and onior so I'm just a make it quick and short. The bands performance blew me the fuck away.. I left the show not only with a giant stoned happy looking grin on my face but i also left knowing that I had a fucking great friday night after a long day of work and what was suppose to be the END OF THE WORLD. Well end or no end I'm glad i got to spend the evening with Mr. Pike and his ferocious loud intense volume of heavy stoner riffs. I went ballistics through out high on fires set. I haven't head bang this hard at a show since Judas Priests farewell tour back in november of 2011 which was when I had long hair all the way down to my ass crack ahahha. I have pretty much zero hair now but that didn't stop me from shaking, pumping my fist, jumping up and down while viciously head banging at MOCK SPEED to every beat of the drum, bass, guitar, and matts raspy loud heavy voice! High light of the set was Rumors of War: During Rumors of War I felt like a metal demon took over my body and i was possessed or something because I couldn't stop shanking my entire body for the entire duration of that song. From my head to eyes, face, chest down to my feet I was literally a shaking ticking time bomb machine(someone in the rail even acknowledged my wildness and was giving me props for going all out during the set ). And i aint talking about two steps back two steps front standing around bull shit: I WAS ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE, NORTH EAST SOUTH, WEST SHIT THE WHOLE NINE FUCKING YARDS. More importantly I was on the very front rail going all out next to mr. Matt Pike. Sadly the turn out for tonights show was pretty awful which explains why I got to claim a nice cozy spot on the front center rail because usually I never get in the front, especially at pack shows(a good example was the recent napalm death/municipal waste show which was at this same exact venue. Now that show was packed to the bone. It was so packed in the pit that I practically couldn't breathe in that floor..). All in all I left with a couple of High on Fire shirts and knowing that I just had one of the best times ever. I seriously haven't gone this crazy at a show since the time i saw Judas Priest during their farewell epitaph tour..

Other than that…twas a great evening filled with heavy stoner riffs, mattz big sexy belly, oh and it turns out the world didn't end and we are still alive.

Great way to end 2012.

ON A SIDE NOTE

- Goatwhore was great, sound was crispy and clear. I need to check out more of their work cause i'm not too familiar with them but i definitely left a fan tonight and will indeed start digging more into their discography..

- COC was alright. The sound could have been way better and the vocals were completely mute through out most of their performance which I thought was just plain retarded..

-Matt Pike didn't really say much. He was definitely in a great mood. Matt did say one thing that stood out to me which was when he announced the track "fertile green"...

"Smoke weed everyday. This is "Fertile Green"!!!!!!

Even though Matt has put aside the substance abuse with alcohol at least it's good to know that he still sticks to the medical miracle Cheeba Cheeba ganja plants.

FIN

Good bye twenty twelve....

HELLO TWENTY-13
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 12-22-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Slow, Deep And Hard

Were you the dude air soloing like a madman on the rail in the center of the pit?

If so, yea, you were a fucking lunatic.

Killer show, but, man, the place was a ghost town. Chalk it up to Xmas season and them having played in L.A. the night before, but I was shocked at how dead it was.

As usual HoF had incredible merch. I had to buy a Pryor shirt.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:09 PM
So either make a change or shut the fuck up about it already.

Noiiice review! I hate shows that are dead though, makes me a sad panda
Old 12-22-2012, 05:18 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCannabis View Post
Were you the dude air soloing like a madman on the rail in the center of the pit?

If so, yea, you were a fucking lunatic.
Yes that was me. I love the fact that your description of me is very spot on. Especially the part about the air guitar soloing in the center of the rail which is exactly where I was at for the entire show. I was easily the craziest most outrages person in that crowed, hell at the show. I got a lot of props after show from random people at the merch booth for going all out the way I did at last nights shows. Like I said in my review; I seriously have not head banged or thrashed this fucking hard at a metal show since the time I saw Judas Priest during their epitaph tour which was about a year ago.

Quote:
man, the place was a ghost town. Chalk it up to Xmas season and them having played in L.A. the night before, but I was shocked at how dead it was.
Serious shit!!! During Goatwhore it was more empty and quiet than a fucking desert, and by the time High on Fire came on there was probably no more than maybe 60-70 people in the crowed.

Too bad we didn't have a meet up! Would have been cool to meet you man! What were you wearing? Maybe I spotted you at the show. I was the tall skinny persian guy with the Weedeater shirt(GOING APE SHIT on the rail)

On a side note; I also forgot to mention in my review that the venue was colder than a brick of ice. Jesus christ my body was going so numb that by the middle of corrosion of conformity's set I could feel my arms, legs and face getting seriously numb..it got to the point where i had to stick and tuck my arms inside my shirt...IT WAS THAT BAD...But then again you(killercannibus) were at this show as well so you would know what i'm talking about.... Luckily all that cold/numbiness went away once I started sweating like a mad man while going fucking crazy to High on Fire...it was as if a heat wave of stoner metal bliss just took over me and the cold numbing feeling just went away like that.
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 12-22-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:

As usual HoF had incredible merch. I had to buy a Pryor shirt.
FUCK YES! I bought me two High on Fire Shirts. I got me a tour shirt as well as that one super trippy grey shirt with the weird looking owl

Yeah that Richard Pryor shirt was kinda random though.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 12-22-2012, 05:33 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Wish I could've made it out for this. But I'm sure we'll meet again next year.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OraclesofAgony View Post
Wish I could've made it out for this. But I'm sure we'll meet again next year.
I wish you and christopher had of made it out to the show. Then we could have all gone fucking crazy together with the addition of a nice little "metal seltist meet up"
11/14 - Slayer

Tags
high on fire