After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-19-2012, 12:09 PM
One who onions things

High on Fire -- Santa Cruz, CA -- December 18th, 2012

Very fun show, I ended up giving slapguitarer and TonyD a lift over the mountain to Santa Cruz. Good seeing you as always slap and it was nice to finally meet you Tony! I also ran into like 4 or 5 friends from high school at the show which was nice but also really strange. I also interviewed Reed from CoC before the show- very cool guy!

Lo Pan opened up and were enjoyable, but not super great.

Goatwhore were just as awesome as they were at Summer Slaughter. Ben Falgoust needed barely any room to be a killer frontman and the live sound was perfect for the set. I think this is their set based on what setlist.fm had for previous shows, but a song or two may have been cut. They of course did end with Apocalyptic Havoc though.

1. Collapse in Eternal Worth
2. When Steel and Bone Meet
3. Parasitic Scriptures of the Sacred Word
4. Alchemy of the Black Sun Cult
5. Embodiment of This Bitter Chaos
6. In Deathless Tradition
7. Sky Inferno
8. Beyond the Spell of Discontent
9. Judgement of the Bleeding Crown
10. To Mourn and Forever Wander Through Forgotten Doorways
11. An End to Nothing
12. Apocalyptic Havoc

Corrosion of Conformity tore the roof off. When they decided to be slow they were heavy as hell and when they were fast the pit flared up. Mike looked like a psycho farmer and Woody kept jumping around like he was young again. Reed's vocals were also much better now than they were in the 80s as were Mike's. they played for about 50 minutes or so. I'm definitely down to catch them on a headlining date sometime soon! This setlist is from the actual paper, so it's accurate. The Seven Days/Your Tomorrow medley wasn't labeled as such on the setlist but I'm assuming the medley is what they ended up doing since all the recent sets from setlist.fm have it.

1. Psychic Vampire
2. Deliverance
3. Rat City
4. Holier
5. Seven Days/Your Tomorrow
6. The Doom
7. Vote with a Bullet
8. The Moneychangers
9. Priest Brains
10. Mad World
11. Hungry Child
12. Technocracy

High on Fire slayed as usual. Serums of Liao was a much better opener than I thought it would be. Des was also in top form, his drumming sounded incredible at this show. Dude also added double bass to Devilution, which I don't remember him doing the last few times I saw HoF. Matt's voice was also his best that I've heard, it was super clear and be seemed to be trying to match the vocal lines from the studio versions more than in previous years. The intro to Rumors of War was a good example of this. He also talked to the crowd a lot more than usual. His soloing also seemed a little cleaner than in past shows. Looks like sober Matt Pike is a better overall live performer than drunk Pike. Jeff was on fire as always but he wasn't as audible as I would have liked. Still a fucking awesome set though of course it needs to be longer. This one clocked in at 73 minutes without the 5 minutes of feedback at the end. I jotted down the setlist as Matt announced it.

1. Serums of Liao
2. Frost Hammer
3. 10,000 Years
4. Devilution
5. Last
6. Fertile (fucking) Green
7. Speedwolf
8. Rumors of (fucking) War
9. DII
10. Fury Whip
11. Madness of an Architect
12. Snakes for the Divine
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16

Last edited by Onioner; 12-26-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:34 PM
N00B

seen all 3 bands live, great lineup. COC w/ Gaza and Torche was unreal!!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:43 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Thanks for the review!!! i'm either seeing high on fire tomorrow or Friday but either way it will be a great way to end the year with some heavy stoner metal

Great set but goddamn I hope we get Turk, and Blood From Zion, hell throw both of them in and just extend the set, but none the less I will the show a happy camper.

Damn Onior, too bad we didn't meet at the recent death angel show because I was there as well. I was actually going to PM you for a "Meet up", but unfortunately it was during that same exact week when the site crapped out on us for a week or so. Hopefully next time Amigo.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 12-19-2012, 05:01 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
Thanks for the review!!! i'm either seeing high on fire tomorrow or Friday but either way it will be a great way to end the year with some heavy stoner metal

Great set but goddamn I hope we get Turk, and Blood From Zion, hell throw both of them in and just extend the set, but none the less I will the show a happy camper.

Damn Onior, too bad we didn't meet at the recent death angel show because I was there as well. I was actually going to PM you for a "Meet up", but unfortunately it was during that same exact week when the site crapped out on us for a week or so. Hopefully next time Amigo.
Oh dang, you were at the Death Angel show too? I would have loved to have chilled with you then dude! I'm back in LA in a couple weeks, I'm sure we'll be at a few of the same shows from then on.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 12-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Buahahahahaha

Onioner hit the nail on the head pretty much. Super fun show! Also cool to chill with Onion and Tony!
11/06 Intronaut

Tags
corrosion of conformity, goatwhore, high on fire, lo pan