Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014

Old 12-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
Secular Haze (Live in Linköping)

They have new costumes, and apparently there's 2 Papa's. I don't know what the fuck is going on.
Tobias is the new Papa. I am confident the first Papa on stage tonight was lip syncing to Papa 2 (Tobias) singing behind the curtain.

Its odd but adds some more mystery to the band... as if they needed any.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
Tobias is the new Papa. I am confident the first Papa on stage tonight was lip syncing to Papa 2 (Tobias) singing behind the curtain.

Its odd but adds some more mystery to the band... as if they needed any.
I'd be kind of pissed if I witnessed that - would feel deceived in a bad way rather than an alluring mysterious way.

Weird as fuck. Perhaps they have finally perfected human cloning and somehow came to the conclusion that Ghost's singer should be one of the first people duplicated.

EDIT: Watched the video again. There's NO way they'd have some tool lip sync the entire show.

Much more likely IMO was that the regular guy did the main set as usual, they exited, and then a 'fake' Papa came out and stood around for the beginning of the encore (their instrumental track 'Genesis'). Real Papa emerged (again) in new garments to perform Secular Haze.

Last edited by Northern_Shaman; 12-15-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_Shaman View Post
I'd be kind of pissed if I witnessed that - would feel deceived in a bad way rather than an alluring mysterious way.

Weird as fuck. Perhaps they have finally perfected human cloning and somehow came to the conclusion that Ghost's singer should be one of the first people duplicated.

EDIT: Watched the video again. There's NO way they'd have some tool lip sync the entire show.

Much more likely IMO was that the regular guy did the main set as usual, they exited, and then a 'fake' Papa came out and stood around for the beginning of the encore (their instrumental track 'Genesis'). Real Papa emerged (again) in new garments to perform Secular Haze.
How do we know Secular Haze was the closer? It would make complete sense if it was the opener and Papa I just strutted around the stage while they performed the instrumental.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:47 PM
N00B

People on Facebook are flipping shit over the costume switch. Someone mentioned that the first album alludes to three different incantations of Papa. Anyone catch this? I listen to the album almost religiously (not a pun, I swear), but I hadn't heard anything about that.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Metal-Setlistcore

While I think the band is kinda overrated, this singer/costume shit is interesting.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:19 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlamesOfBirchmen View Post
People on Facebook are flipping shit over the costume switch. Someone mentioned that the first album alludes to three different incantations of Papa. Anyone catch this? I listen to the album almost religiously (not a pun, I swear), but I hadn't heard anything about that.
These people on facebook are ridiculous. A lot of people are under the impression that the Papa that sings Secular Haze is a new vocalist. If that was the case i'd think people would be saying "how the fuck did they find a guy who looks and sounds exactly the same?" but people are seriously saying "I prefer the old vocalist".

Also, they played a cover of ABBA's I'm a Marionette. I think it's safe to assume it's gonna be the 2nd album's Here come the Sun.

Last edited by BloodoftheKings; 12-15-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:03 AM
That Guy

After watching the new video....yeah it's going to be hard for them to get shows in the States unless they change colors on the nameless Ghouls. The letters K,K, and K come to mind.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:07 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Still enjoy the music though. It's nice to have a new band with a classic feel and sound.
There are a fuckton of those around. Most of them better than Ghost, too.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 12-16-2012, 01:09 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
After watching the new video....yeah it's going to be hard for them to get shows in the States unless they change colors on the nameless Ghouls. The letters K,K, and K come to mind.
I don't think that matters. They know the band is a gimmick and also know that they will sell out smaller venues.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:12 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
I don't think that matters. They know the band is a gimmick and also know that they will sell out smaller venues.
I love Ghost. I was them on their very short headlining tour and got a shit and a setlist and a pic. they are one of my favorite discoveries. All I'm saying is the new costumes in this color and they way they point make them on the Black Panthers most wanted list. Despite the gimmick.

Last edited by MPF; 12-16-2012 at 01:16 AM.