Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Old 12-14-2012, 04:38 PM
That Guy

Here we go...

10.) Baroness- Yellow & Green

This is by far the lightest Baroness release so far, but it is also the most diverse. This double EP album (on one disc) is a great showcase of the real talent behind Baroness, Yellow is more along the lines of the Baroness we all know and love, Proggy, Sludge Metal. Green is a lot more laid back and ambient overall. When listened to all at once, it is a moving experience. A lot like Torche in a sense, there is so much going on, all while keeping a simplistic overtone that keeps you interested. It's moving music, and oddly enough after the bus accident they were all involved in just a little bit after the release of this album songs like March To The Sea and Take My Bones Away eerily fit the situation. Overall this is Progressive Ambient Sludge Metal album that should be loved by almost all. Give it a shot if you haven't already!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:06 PM
That Guy

9.) Torche- Harmonicraft

Poppy, Punkish, Stoner, Doom, Metal. I still don't feel like I hit every aspect of the band with that. If U2, Motorhead and Electric Wizard made a band, that's almost good enough description. Torche has been one of my favorite bands since 2008 when I saw them open for Dredg (you read that right) and I've been hooked. Every album has been getting progressively less Stoner Doom Metalish and more into....well the Pop world. Harmonicraft has a lot of happy major key moments, but near the end has some of the heaviest moments of Torche's career. It's all over the map, but it all makes since. If you wanna explore new territory all with it being either Heavy as hell, or very very poppy. Get Harmonicraft!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:16 PM
That Guy

8.) Ihsahn- Eremita

I never would have thought that Ihsahn could top After in 2010. But not only did he top After, he made one of the best albums of his entire career. this is Ihsahn's 4 solo album after the fall of Emperor and every album has gotten progressively better. After was one of my favorite albums of 2010 with all the craziness of the saxophones, and beauty of the other songs. with Eremita, he got it pegged perfectly. If he only remakes this album over and over again, I will continue to buy every future release. It has the right amount of everything. Prog, Black Metal, Chaos, Beauty, saxophone, and guest appearances from the likes of Devin Townsend and Jeff Loomis. This is the kind of album that artists should strive to make. the music you actually want to make without the worry if people will like it or not, the more real an album is, the better it will be. Ihsahn proves that if yous tick to your guns, you will achieve perfection!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:26 PM
That Guy

7.) Periphery- Periphery II: This Time It's Personal

This is the album that killed Djent. I mean that in the absolute best way possible. Although it hasn't happened yet, you will see the affects of this album. Periphery took their sound and make it into Prog Metal gold. The Djent riffs are nearly gone. They are what Djent really is, not the chug chug sound, but Prog Metal. There are many people who hate this album without even hearing a note of it. I find that quite pathetic. This is such a killer album that a lot of people won't give the time of day, or will get ruined thanks to Djent fans. This is real Prog music that is heavy as hell and badass. Give it a real chance and take your stereotypes aside. You may be thankful you did.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

I've discovered quite a few awesome bands on this list!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:41 PM
That Guy

6.) Between the Buried And Me- The Parallax II: Future Sequence

The continuation to last year's EP, The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues, BTBAM has outdone themselves again. I dare say this is the lightest BTBAM album to date, BUT it is still so very damn heavy. like Colors, I call this album Adult Contemporary Progressive Death Metal. At that it is so very layered in Prog Rock almost more than anything else, which a lot of newer fans do not like. I fail to understand why. guess the new era of Deathcore and Djent fans want all music to be brutal all the time or something. BTBAM can never let me down (except for the fact they haven't been to Minnesota since 2008, except for the upcoming tour with Coheed and Cambria in February) and this may be their crowning achievement. Listen tot his album with a clear, open mind, and you will hopefully understand why. They are one of the most underrated bands around, which is an odd thing to say but think about it, besides Colors, and the new rantings from Greg of Dillinger Escape Plan complaining about this album....how often do you actually hear about BTBAM and how good they are? Exactly!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:55 PM
That Guy

5.) Woods Of Ypres- V: Grey Skies and Electric Light

The easiest way to describe this band is the Canadian Type O Negative, but even that feels very wrong. this is the 5th and sadly final album from Woods of Ypres as David Gold was killed December 22nd of 2011 in a car accident. the album feels like it is a pure requiem of Gold's life, before he even died. Songs such as Kiss My Ashes Goodbye brought me to tears (in fact the next few albums have for different reasons). This album recently helped me get though the rough time that was my cousin's death from a drug overdose. Sometimes the most depressing of albums (just listen lyrically) can be the most beautiful and uplifting. Which is why I find pop music to really be the most depressing music there is. But back to it. Woods Of Ypres is one of the best bands that not enough people knew about and now can only check out in retrospect. Give this album a listen and check out the rest of the discography. David Gold was one of the best Songwriters in Metal, R.I.P.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:12 PM
That Guy

4.) Alcest- Les Voyages de l'Âme

Since 2007, these guys have had a huge impact in my life. the most beautiful Post Metal out there. Souvenirs d'un autre monde is Post Rock, shoegaze perfection; Écailles de Lune is Post Black Metal at it's finest, but Les Voyages de l'Âme is the best of both worlds. I've read a lot of reviews saying this album lacked conviction and was boring with no heart..........WHAT ALBUM DID YOU HEAR? This is the best Alcest album to date, this is what I wanted from the band since 2007 when i discovered them, the right amount of Post Rock, Shoegaze, Post Metal and Black Metal all rolled in the most beautiful metal out there this year. Faiseurs de Mondes is most likely my favorite song of the year, or very damn close to it. the end of the song made me burst into tears on the first listen, you will never hear Blastbeats over something so beautiful and have the same impact ever again. this is also the last Alcest album that will contain any screams, it will be clean vocals from here on out. Not nessessarily a bad thing. But sometimes the screams adds so much to the music. But with Neige at the helm, Alcest will continue making the most beautiful Metal the world will know.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Buahahahahaha

BTBAM are faaaaaaaaar from underrated.
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 12-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
They are one of the most underrated bands around, which is an odd thing to say but think about it, besides Colors, and the new rantings from Greg of Dillinger Escape Plan complaining about this album....how often do you actually hear about BTBAM and how good they are? Exactly!
You can not be serious.