Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014
Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014
Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014
Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014
Killswitch Engage -- Providence, RI -- July 19th, 2014

Old 12-13-2012, 09:36 PM
That Guy

12.) The Faceless- Autotheism

The Faceless has been my favorite Technical Death Metal band since the first album. the first album is still widely regarded as their best, the second sounded too much like Prog and Cynic to some (I for one love every second of it). Autotheism is even more Prog and diverse. Everything from James Hetfield style clean vocals, to Mike Patton style madness all over Prog Metal and of course their brand of Technical Death Metal. Some either hate it and find it boring, or they love it to death. As you may have guessed, I love it to death! They only keep getting bigger and better and now with Wes Hauch now on guitar, the next album will be even more insane, if that was possible. Check out this amazing Progressive Technical Death Metal album, it may get overlooked in the future, but it should be regarded highly!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 PM
That Guy

Last one tonight. Top 10 tomorrow...

11.) Enslaved- RIITIIR

Another split audience reception album. I see a lot of dislike for this album because it is not enough Black Metal and too much Prog. First I laugh at that, and second, this is my favorite Enslaved album! Enslaved since the time of Ruun has been mastering the Progressive Black Metal sound. Since that time have been getting more and more Proggy over the year. I fail to see how that is a bad thing. If you can withstand Black Metal even a tiny bit, you will soon realize that Roots Of The Mountain is possibly the greatest song with Black Metal influence ever. The entire album is the right amount of Progressive Black Metal in my eyes. It's also a perfect starter album for those that want to venture into Black Metal but need an album to ease into the genre. Go for this one and enjoy every second of it, especially Roots Of the Mountain.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:44 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
12.) The Faceless- Autotheism

The Faceless has been my favorite Technical Death Metal band since the first album. the first album is still widely regarded as their best, the second sounded too much like Prog and Cynic to some (I for one love every second of it). Autotheism is even more Prog and diverse. Everything from James Hetfield style clean vocals, to Mike Patton style madness all over Prog Metal and of course their brand of Technical Death Metal. Some either hate it and find it boring, or they love it to death. As you may have guessed, I love it to death! They only keep getting bigger and better and now with Wes Hauch now on guitar, the next album will be even more insane, if that was possible. Check out this amazing Progressive Technical Death Metal album, it may get overlooked in the future, but it should be regarded highly!
I am happy to see this in someone else's best of list, album of the year for me.

One thing though I have always thought Planetary Duality was considered their best work and Akeldama is dismissed as being too deathcore influenced.
04/24 - Nile
Old 12-14-2012, 06:38 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0unds View Post
I am happy to see this in someone else's best of list, album of the year for me.

One thing though I have always thought Planetary Duality was considered their best work and Akeldama is dismissed as being too deathcore influenced.
Definitely agreed with almost everything you said. Once you see my top 10, you'll see why this is number 12. But again. if this is number 12 out of the 354 albums I've heard this year, that says a lot!
Old 12-14-2012, 06:56 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Also glad to see Autotheism on someone else's list. It's very high on my list and I feel like it was definitely overlooked by a lot of people this year. I am also going to the dispute the Akeldama is widely considered to be their best album claim. Pretty much every Faceless fan I know (myself included) thinks Planetary Duality is their best.
9/28 Coheed

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 12-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Buahahahahaha

Gonna had to look at 14 and 15
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 12-14-2012, 03:33 PM
That Guy

I'm just finishing up eating dinner then I will be posting the top 10. Anyone got any ideas of what will be in the top 10?
Old 12-14-2012, 04:12 PM
That Guy

Alright before I post my top 10. I realized I made a huge mistake. Although fortunately it does not affect the top 20....So it's really 355 albums altogether this year.....

355) Meshuggah- Koloss

Meshuggah has been one of the most influential bands in recent times, although since 2009, have been getting a lot of hate for supposedly being the reason why bands wanna play Chug Chug riffs and created Djent music. That's not fair. That's like Blaming Black Sabbath for Asking Alexandria's success. But I digress. Koloss is one of the most versatile Meshuggah albums probably since Nothing. That was one of the best decisions they ever could have made. that is not to say Meshuggah hasn't been versatile int he past, but Obzen got pretty samey after a while,. Koloss is fresh every single time all while sounding like Meshuggah. It's a great piece of Prog/Math Meta. If you ask the average Djent fan, they will say Meshuggah ripped off Periphery. If you ask Devin Townsend...in the end, we've all ripped off Meshuggah. Get this

9.5/10
Old 12-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I'm just finishing up eating dinner then I will be posting the top 10. Anyone got any ideas of what will be in the top 10?
I have this strange feeling that Ne Obliviscaris and Devin Townsend are gonna be on it.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:14 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
I have this strange feeling that Ne Obliviscaris and Devin Townsend are gonna be on it.
Who?