King Diamond -- Denver, CO -- October 24th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-12-2012, 03:04 PM
#Controversial

2. Gorguts

No explanation needed, but here goes. I wasn't gonna go to Death To All because I'm not really a big fan of Death, then they announced Gorguts as support, so I bought my ticket the day they went on sale. They were fucking incredible. I wish they could've done 2 from each album instead of 2 from each and 1 from Considered but I don't care, I saw Gorguts
Old 12-12-2012, 03:07 PM
#Controversial

1. Lock Up

This was the first show I went to this year, and I keep forgetting about it. Regardless, Lock Up was one of the best bands I've seen. I listen to their studio stuff on occasion but I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan of them or anything, but my god do they bring it live....Tomas sounded great and looked really happy to be there, the Terrorizer songs sounded awesome and the Dark Angel cover was cool too. Hope this wasn't my only chance to see them
Old 12-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicbrian666 View Post
1. Lock Up

This was the first show I went to this year, and I keep forgetting about it. Regardless, Lock Up was one of the best bands I've seen. I listen to their studio stuff on occasion but I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan of them or anything, but my god do they bring it live....Tomas sounded great and looked really happy to be there, the Terrorizer songs sounded awesome and the Dark Angel cover was cool too. Hope this wasn't my only chance to see them
I hope they come back. I think I read they were suppose to be back already for the West Coast but never came
Old 12-12-2012, 04:42 PM
#Controversial

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
I hope they come back. I think I read they were suppose to be back already for the West Coast but never came
I'd hope that since the response was so good for them here (at least in Chicago) they'll realize it'd be silly not to. Unfortunately since it's a side band its hard to say
Old 12-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Buahahahahaha

Quote:
3. Napalm Death/Exhumed/Vektor/Weekend Nachos/Smash Potater

I was beyond stoked for this tour when it was announced so it was a huge honor to actually be able to open it. I wish Napalm would've sounded better but it was still cool to see them and Exhumed was awesome, much better than last year's headlining set. I'm a firm believer that All Guts, No Glory is the best opener ever.

Weekend Nachos were also a lot of fun, it was cool to see them in an environment besides a basement where you couldn't hear anything. They were getting in arguments with the soundlady of that night (who was rather rude to us as well, but we were afraid to say anything), but John had no problem arguing during their set. It was awesome, and it was cool of them to send out a song to us for playing before them.

Overall it was a sweet experience as a show itself, and also helped gain my band some more fans from a different crowd.
Punkass didn't even mention the best band on the tour.

Also Gorguts was pretty swag
12/07 Pallbearer
12/19 Lil B 'The Based God'
Old 12-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
I'd hope that since the response was so good for them here (at least in Chicago) they'll realize it'd be silly not to. Unfortunately since it's a side band its hard to say
Well Tomas doesn't have much going on for him at the moment, right? I don't think At The Gates are doing more than just a few shows here and there. It looks like they can just use Dan to fill in for Shane when he's busy with Napalm. I know Brujeria has a fill in for him. Not sure whats up with the other two, but sounds like they should have the time since they are going to do that small SOD tour in February.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:01 PM
#Controversial

Top Albums: (I'm gonna be making up the order as I go because I don't have one. Enjoy

20. Fear Factory - The Industrialist

Fear Factory is one of my favorite bands, but I was disappointed with this release. That being said, it's still a fun listen as an album. But aside from God Eater (awesome song, has a cool groove and a bouncy bass effect), all of the songs basically blend together. A lot of people complained that Mechanize sounded like Divine Heresy, and this is definitely more traditional Fear Factory. I don't even know if I would call this better than Digimortal, because while Digimortal was *gasp* nu metal, there was at least some stand out songs. Regardless, if you're a fan of Fear Factory I'd definitely recommend giving this album a listen. It's a good album to listen to all the way through (aside from the fucking retarded last ambient track)
Old 12-12-2012, 05:02 PM
#Controversial

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Well Tomas doesn't have much going on for him at the moment, right? I don't think At The Gates are doing more than just a few shows here and there. It looks like they can just use Dan to fill in for Shane when he's busy with Napalm. I know Brujeria has a fill in for him. Not sure whats up with the other two, but sounds like they should have the time since they are going to do that small SOD tour in February.
True.....man I'd love to see Lock Up become a full time band
Old 12-12-2012, 05:13 PM
#Controversial

19. Revenge - Scum.Collapse.Eradication

While The Industrialist suffered from blending together, Revenge has a winning formula and sticks with it for the duration of this album. Absolutely no distinction between songs, just some of the most vile, hateful, and bestial black metal ever recorded. It's like a passage to hell was ripped open in the middle of a freeway and all drivers crashed and fell to their demise. Good stuff. There isn't enough distinction for me to rank this higher than some others but this album fucking owns
Old 12-12-2012, 05:20 PM
#Controversial

18. Metric - Synthetica

Speaking of bestial black metal from Canada, here's Metric. With Synthetica, the band brings more good vibes and extremely chill music. While I think I prefer Fantasies slightly more, this is still a solid album with quite a bit of experimentation. Youth Without Youth is my jam. I recommend this to anyone who likes laid back synth-driven music.