Headbanger

Awesome fucking thread!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:48 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

This thread is
11/14 - Slayer
Old 12-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Thank you guys so much. It REALLY means a lot to me.
10/31-King Diamond
Old 12-12-2012, 10:40 AM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

One of the best lists i've seen on here so far, good stuff man!
10/11 Tom and Boot Boys
10/21 Dead Congregation
10/26 Pallbearer
Old 12-12-2012, 10:43 AM
#Controversial

Dope lists, gracias for el mention-o
Old 12-12-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicbrian666 View Post
Dope lists, gracias for el mention-o
I loved that demo. I really did
10/31-King Diamond
Old 12-12-2012, 11:06 AM
#Controversial

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
I loved that demo. I really did
Awesome. There's been another one written since the end of may but it's looking like it won't ever get recorded. I've been busy with my other band and I don't wanna record something I was about 6 months ago just for the sake of releasing it.

It'll prob get done eventually though
Old 12-12-2012, 11:29 AM

Top 10 Performances

10. KISS(Jimmy Kimmel Live! 3/20/12)
Jimmy Kimmel hooked me up to see KISS play 4 songs. No way in hell would I pay that much to see em as close as I did. But it was 4 classics and it was free. I was pretty happy. Nothing beats singing a long to Detroit Rock City with Gene and Paul that are not too far from you.... FOR FREE! THEY DIDN'T GET ANY OF MY MONEY!

9. Exhumed(The Roxy. 2/11/12)
After so many failed attempts last year(One being a raided fest) I was finally able to see Exhumed. Luckily it was free(Since I had already paid to see em before). And it was damn worth it. Matt Harvey's vocals are just crushing and brutal. I went to another show and I missed em. The curse is back on. Gore Fucking Metal.

8. Forward (Aladdin Jr. 6/7/12)
"We are Forward. We Are Japanese. We know little English. Fuck You". Yep, that's all they need to know to throw one fun as fuck show. Feat. ex member's of Death Side,this Japcore band showed us Americans one hell of a time. The encore consisted of 2 G.I.S.M. songs. I went ape shit and I was all over the fucking place. The pit,the stage,on top of the crowed,EVERYWHERE. Welcome to the Underground.

7. Dr. Know (The Echoplex 8/11/12)
It was a big deal when Kyle Toucher's version of Dr.Know came back this year. I missed it the first time but I'm so glad I was able to catch em this time. Nardcore legends upfront doing most of the Plug-In Jesus EP and other stuff that made it one of the best sets at the 3rd annual Power Of The Riff. I lost my voice that night singing to Mr. Freeze.

6. Trash Talk (Chain Reaction 7/19/12 & 119 House 10/6/12)
I was finally able to break my lost run of curses with Trash Talk this year. So many failed attempts but I finally did it. Trash Talk is one of those bands that as soon as just a little drum is hit you have 5 kids getting on stage jumping off. Major insanity all around,just like how should be. Plus Tyler, The Creator singing Radicals with them was on this years highlight. At a venue,a house,or a build stage outside,Trash Talk just puts some of the most fun shows ever. I also tried to go see em 8/1/12 but nobody got in and a riot broke out. That's Trash Talk for you.

5. Negative Approach(The Observatory 6/23/12)
Headlining this years Gnarmageddon was Hardcore legends, Negative Approach. They put on one amazing ass set with all the classics. John Brennan is one serious frontman. Obviously he's aged so his some things have changed. His voice has gotten to old and raspy he sounds like he's in a Black Metal band and I think it's the coolest fucking shit ever. Go see em live and try not losing your shit when Ready To Fight comes out.

[b]4. Deafheaven (The Smell 3/9/12)
If you know me personally then you must know that i am absolutely obsessed with Deafheaven and they are one of my favorite bands of all time. I truly am in love with this band. This was my 2nd time seeing them and I made sure I was upfront ready to scream along. George Clark is one fuckin mad man and him screaming into my face,grabbing my hand,and jumping into the audience for us to hold him is one badass show. I left with the biggest smile on my face. I'm telling you guys right now,Deafheaven is making a new album and it's coming out in 2013. Good chance its gonna be my #1 in albums.

3. Napalm Death (House Of Blues, 11/14/12)
Grindcore pioneers Napalm put on one of the greatest shows ever. Napalm Fucking Death. Nuff Said.

2. Nasum (The Black Castle 5/3012)
Never would I thought I'd ever be able to experience the legendary Nasum live since the death of Mieszko(RIP). They did one last tour ever with Keijo of Rotten Sound and it one of the greatest Grind shows I've ever seen. First and last time in LA and it was one amazing set. Nasum has officially disbanded and if you didn't see Nasum,you missed out big time. They went out with a bang.

1. Despise You (The Black Castle 4/6/12 & The Echo 8/11/12)
Despise You is thee most insane,pissed off,brutal,sweaty,crowded,angry,fun,and just plain crazy set I've seen this year. The band was surrounded by all these kids and idk how they didn't get hurt with all the mess we were doing. I was squished as fuck singing my favorite Powerviolence songs ever(Roll Call,3/26/00,My West Side Horizon) with other kids being just as pissed(as well as Sergio from ACxDC crowed surfing with a skate deck) as frontman Chris Elder yelled his butt off. Let's not forgot their tradition of throwing a skate deck to the crowd and watching fans get like rabid animals to own it. 2nd time was on a stage so I was finally able to stage dive and do some weird ass stuff in the mosh pit. DY is just thee Powerviolence that brings it live. Even though they're from here they're kind of a rare treat(Only played twice this year). So if they go ANYWHERE near you,its probably a one time deal and it will be the most craziest show you'll probably ever go to. This is West Coast Mother Fucking Powerviolence.
10/31-King Diamond
Old 12-12-2012, 01:24 PM

Top 10 Openers

10. The Vandals (opening For The Misfits)
You can talk all this shit on how Escalante ruined The Vandals legacy by getting new members and going Pop Punk,but this is the Vandals I grew up on. Obviously I ended up hearing the legendary groundbreaking early tunes that throw every other stuff out of the water but I approve of The Vandals that have been playing for the past 20 years or so. They started off Urban Struggles and right there you knew it was gonna be sick. Most of my favorite songs were played and of coarse Dave Quackenbush made the crowed laugh(he flipped me off cause I booed when he mentioned Buckcherry). Super fun and made me feel like a kid again. They totally kicked "The Misfits" ass.

9. Nausea (opening for Nasum/Power Of The Riff)
Nausea(The LA Grind one,the only Nausea that matters) have returned and im so stoked about it. I have no problem with the current Terrorizer but I would choose Nausea anytime over them. Seeing Grind pioneer Oscar Garcia sing "After World Obliteration" was just one cool thing to see live. Nausea stick the old skool Grindcore formula and for that they play some of the best live shows.

8. Early Graves (opening for Nasum)
Second time seeing EG and even though the crowed was dead they had one great set. I absolutely loved it. John sings all Mahk's song great and he's a really good fill in. Goner was sang great and it was just my favorite of the night. Go see em live damn it.

7. The Dwarves (opening for Napalm Death)
The Dwarves were one band ive been wanting to see all year. Finally seeing them live was everything I hoped it'd be: Confused metal heads hear some dude talk about sleeping with underage girls. Blag gave me the mic twice and even thought most of my favorite songs were not played,I loved them. Only complaint was that HeWhoCannotBeNamed wasn't there. The hell were you? Recognize The Dwraves,Slut.

6. No Statik(opening for Forward)
Furious female fronted Thrashcore. God damn she everywhere and possibly the best female vocalist with stage presence ive ever seen live. Shit was so fast and good it ended quick. I hope to see em again.

5. To The Point(For Retox)
Member's of Spazz , Lack Of Interest,Fetus Eaters,Murder Construct,etc all in one band. Chris Dodge is singing so you know its gonna be some of the fastest and fun stuff ever.

4. Young and in the Way (opening for Integrity)
Furious Blackened Crust. I just had to see em play live and instantly became a fan. No one was really into em(tuff guy crowed) but holy shit did they play the best set that day. Let me remind you he burned a decapitated pig head and threw it at us. We loved it. They did it recently at some fest and some girl got blind. They didn't love it. If the east coast doesn't want you,shit,we'll gladly take you in and ill go to all your shows.

3. Hoax (Power Of The Riff)
I miss these guys last week,and im still very butt-hurt over it. I saw em once this year and it was the most violent thing ever. The singer was a complete mad man. Hitting himself on and on until he bled while the crowed was jumping on him trying to sing a long. And its not just his stage antics,this is some of the best Hardcore I've ever heard. Total fuckin madness. God damn it, i need to see em again.

2. Cattle Decapitation(opening for Six Feet Under)
I just can't get over how much of a great frontman, Travis Ryan is. He's like a fucking possessed animal that will fuck your shit up. Its been a great fucking year for Cattle and their live shows are something you don't wanna miss. I saw em play all of "Inhumanity" on this show and it just fucking ruled. God damn it Travis this has been your year.

1. Magrudergrind (Gnarmageddon)
A long with Trash Talk and Exhumed and I had to worst luck ever with Magrudergrind shows. The wait was finally worth it. Everything I ever wanted from a Grind show was there. Moshing for only hearing static,crowed surfing with boogey boards,and me screaming my lungs off while hugging the dudes next to me over excitement. Yes I finally saw one of my all time favorite Grind bands live and I loved every small second of it. I want to see them again and again until they get sick of playing here(which they hardly do). Magrudergrind are one today's (if not best) leading Grindcore bands and their live shows prove it. My only complaint is that they played the main stage. If it was the small ass one then I'm sure it would've been 100 times cooler than it already was. This trio puts on one hell of a show and even tho they just opened,it was one of my favorite performance's this year.
10/31-King Diamond
Old 12-12-2012, 01:26 PM

Sorry for the huge ass pictures. They were too cool to not post. Anyways,thank you SO MUCH for reading. I always enjoy partaking this with you guys and I hope you enjoy it.
10/31-King Diamond