Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014

Old 09-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

NFL Season 2012-2013

Thank god football is back

with the first game coming up tomorrow with the Cowboys at the Giants I figured why not see what our NFL fans think the season will play out

My Picks

AFC

East

1. Patriots 13-3 (#1 seed)
2. Bills 10-6 (#6 seed)
3. Jets 8-8
4. Dolphins 5-11

North

1. Steelers 13-3 (#2 seed)
2. Ravens 12-4 (#5 seed)
3. Bengals 6-10
4. Browns 1-15

South

1. Texans 12-4 (#3 seed)
2. Titans 6-10
3. Colts 6-10
4. Jaguars 1-15

West

1. Broncos 10-6 (#4 seed)
2. Chargers 9-7
3. Chiefs 7-9
4. Raiders 3-13

NFC

East

1. Eagles 14-2 (#2 seed)
2. Cowboys 7-9
3. Giants 7-9
4. Redskins 5-11

North

1. Packers 15-1 (#1 seed)
2. Bears 12-4 (#5 seed)
3. Lions 9-7
4. Vikings 3-13

South

1. Saints 12-4 (#3 seed)
2. Panthers 8-8
3. Falcons 6-10
4. Buccaneers 3-13

West

1. 49ers 11-5(#4 seed)
2. Seahawks 10-6 (#6 seed)
3. Cardinals 3-13
4. Rams 0-16

Playoffs

(3) Texans over (6) Bills
(4) Broncos over Ravens
(3) Saints over (6) Seahawks
(4) 49ers over (5) Bears

(1) Patriots over (4) Broncos
(3) Texans over (2) Steelers
(1) Packers over (4) 49ers
(2) Eagles over (3) Saints

(3) Texans over (1) Patriots
(2) Eagles over (1) Packers

Super Bowl XLVII

Eagles 24, Texans 20
------------

My SB pick is all based on Vick and Schwab staying healthy the entire year, a tougher assignment for Vick who hasn't played a whole season in a while but I'm thinking he finally gets the message to protect his body more

Also see Rodger Goodell sweat buckets with the Saints advancing in the playoffs; could you image the Saints becoming the first team to play the SB in their own stadium, winning it and him having to walk to mid field to present the trophy? That is quality TV right there
Old 09-06-2012, 11:07 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=USHZZ5bwASU

Old 12-09-2012, 09:57 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Can someone explain to me what the hell the Jets are doing? Mark Sanchez sucks. They pull him last week and put McIlroy in and win. This week they start him again, Tebows injury is better so he's backup and McIlroy sits?

Did they invest a ton of money in him? Is he a first round pick and they don't want to look stupid? Is there some good pick coming in the draft they want?

Because first rounder or most expensive player or not, it's time to cut your losses.

I'm glad I'm a Patriots fan.
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 12-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Can someone explain to me what the hell the Jets are doing? Mark Sanchez sucks. They pull him last week and put McIlroy in and win. This week they start him again, Tebows injury is better so he's backup and McIlroy sits?

Did they invest a ton of money in him? Is he a first round pick and they don't want to look stupid? Is there some good pick coming in the draft they want?

Because first rounder or most expensive player or not, it's time to cut your losses.

I'm glad I'm a Patriots fan.
That's the reason they made the deal to get Tebow. In case Sanchez kept regressing they could just put Tebow in. If he was healthy he would no doubt be the starter now. Sanchez will always get a chance to prove himself because he was the fifth pick overall and he did have some success with the Jets his first couple years in the league. I believe Sanchez can go to another team and find success again. It's just not working out with the Jets but then again nothing really ever does with that franchise.

So, DisposableJustice, it looks like you were a little off on that Eagles super bowl win huh? Who would've thought they would be this bad though?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
That's the reason they made the deal to get Tebow. In case Sanchez kept regressing they could just put Tebow in. If he was healthy he would no doubt be the starter now. Sanchez will always get a chance to prove himself because he was the fifth pick overall and he did have some success with the Jets his first couple years in the league. I believe Sanchez can go to another team and find success again. It's just not working out with the Jets but then again nothing really ever does with that franchise.

So, DisposableJustice, it looks like you were a little off on that Eagles super bowl win huh? Who would've thought they would be this bad though?
I know right? I am shocked at how bad the downfall was At least my Texans pick is sound though

But....Broncos all the way baby I love the way we are playing

To answer the Sanchez question for adamclark it is money; I don't have the figure in front of me but the Jets owe him around $15 million next season and even if they were to cut him they would still owe a large chunk of that money and reduce the payroll they need to get other players; imo they need to trade Tebow and get him somewhere where they will actually use him like Jacksonville; he is just a waste of space on the Jets
Old 01-02-2013, 07:35 PM

Playoffs are here and I'm quite happy, I think you can guess why

Here are my picks for the wild card round; I know this thread didn't get much action during the season but post your picks and let's see who is right

Saturday

(6) Bengals @ (3) Texans

Houston was my AFC Super Bowel pick;my choice for NFC was the Eagles and that panned out well but I am going with the Bengals for an upset. The Texans have really struggled in the past month from being the clear #1 seed to choking it all away. They do not seem like a confident bunch. I think they will play better in this game but I think the Bengals have improved and matured since the wild card meeting a year ago; They are the hot team winning 7 out of their last 8 games.

Bengals 24, Texans 20

(6) Vikings @ (3) Packers

The story of Adrian Peterson has been amazing and I think he deserves the MVP, shocking coming from a hardcore Broncos fan. He was a huge reason the Vikings were able to win last week against the Packers and pick up the #6 spot. But I think things will be very different this week in Green Bay. I would have more confidence to pick the Vikings but I don't think Christian Ponder will be able to compete with Aaron Rodgers and his experience and weapons. It will be a close one but I see the packers pulling away in the 4th

Packers 31, Vikings 17

Sunday

(5) Colts @ (4) Ravens

The story of the 2012 Colts has been nothing short of amazing. Going from 2-14, saying good bye to one of the best quaterbacks in recent history to finding out their new head coach would have to take a leave of absence due to cancer would be plenty reason to think the Colts would end up with a losing record and an another top 10 draft pick. Well, you know the rest of the story and they have shocked everyone and created a real feel good story with Pangano beating his cancer and coming back to the sidelines in time for a playoff run. Alas, I do not see them moving on to the second round. While the Ravens have struggled in the past month, I feel their playoff experience will be to the key to getting the victory. Plus, with the news that Ray Lewis will be retiring at the end of the year, it will add a little more push to get the win

Ravens 28, Colts 10

(5) Seahawks @ (4) Redskins

This the game I am looking most forward to with two rookie QB's starting; Both have had great years and surprised a lot of people. Russel Wilson is my rookie of the year because of him coming out of nowhere where Luck and RGIII were expected from the start to be in the running. However this game is not being played in Seattle where the Seahawks have cruised to the only 8-0 record at home in the NFL this season. Plus FedEx field will be insane for the first home playoff game since I was a wee lad in 1999. Another close one but the Redskins pull it off with the help of another great rooke in Alfred Morris running like mad

Redskins 27, Seahawks 17

So if my picks are right the divisonal round will be

(3) Packers @ (2) 49ers
(4) Redskins @ (1) Falcons

(4) Ravens @ (2) Patriots
(6) Bengals @ (1) Broncos

I'll post next week on my picks on the 2nd round
Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
Playoffs are here and I'm quite happy, I think you can guess why

Here are my picks for the wild card round; I know this thread didn't get much action during the season but post your picks and let's see who is right

Saturday

(6) Bengals @ (3) Texans

Houston was my AFC Super Bowel pick;my choice for NFC was the Eagles and that panned out well but I am going with the Bengals for an upset. The Texans have really struggled in the past month from being the clear #1 seed to choking it all away. They do not seem like a confident bunch. I think they will play better in this game but I think the Bengals have improved and matured since the wild card meeting a year ago; They are the hot team winning 7 out of their last 8 games.

Bengals 24, Texans 20

(6) Vikings @ (3) Packers

The story of Adrian Peterson has been amazing and I think he deserves the MVP, shocking coming from a hardcore Broncos fan. He was a huge reason the Vikings were able to win last week against the Packers and pick up the #6 spot. But I think things will be very different this week in Green Bay. I would have more confidence to pick the Vikings but I don't think Christian Ponder will be able to compete with Aaron Rodgers and his experience and weapons. It will be a close one but I see the packers pulling away in the 4th

Packers 31, Vikings 17

Sunday

(5) Colts @ (4) Ravens

The story of the 2012 Colts has been nothing short of amazing. Going from 2-14, saying good bye to one of the best quaterbacks in recent history to finding out their new head coach would have to take a leave of absence due to cancer would be plenty reason to think the Colts would end up with a losing record and an another top 10 draft pick. Well, you know the rest of the story and they have shocked everyone and created a real feel good story with Pangano beating his cancer and coming back to the sidelines in time for a playoff run. Alas, I do not see them moving on to the second round. While the Ravens have struggled in the past month, I feel their playoff experience will be to the key to getting the victory. Plus, with the news that Ray Lewis will be retiring at the end of the year, it will add a little more push to get the win

Ravens 28, Colts 10

(5) Seahawks @ (4) Redskins

This the game I am looking most forward to with two rookie QB's starting; Both have had great years and surprised a lot of people. Russel Wilson is my rookie of the year because of him coming out of nowhere where Luck and RGIII were expected from the start to be in the running. However this game is not being played in Seattle where the Seahawks have cruised to the only 8-0 record at home in the NFL this season. Plus FedEx field will be insane for the first home playoff game since I was a wee lad in 1999. Another close one but the Redskins pull it off with the help of another great rooke in Alfred Morris running like mad

Redskins 27, Seahawks 17

So if my picks are right the divisonal round will be

(3) Packers @ (2) 49ers
(4) Redskins @ (1) Falcons

(4) Ravens @ (2) Patriots
(6) Bengals @ (1) Broncos

I'll post next week on my picks on the 2nd round
I think you're right. I'm iffy on the Colts and I wouldn't be surprise if the Packers choke. But you're probably on the money.
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 01-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Concert Veteran

I don't think the Bengals and Redskins will win but other than that I think this will go exactly the way you've laid it out so far.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:29 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

I like the Bengals, Packers, Ravens, and Redskins this weekend as well. The thing is most of these games could do either way, The only I would say is a lock (or the closest thing to a lock) is the Packers over the Vikings.
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 01-04-2013, 06:34 AM
We're dying on the inside

Maybe you guys weren't watching enough AFC North games this year, but Baltimore has been bad since about week 3. Colts by two touchdowns.

Otherwise, yeah, Bengals, Skins, Pack.