Ne Obliviscaris -- Sydney, Australia -- November 27th, 2014
Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014

Old 12-07-2012, 08:47 AM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Triple H should take over the on air product and Stephanie should be in charge of the buisness end of things. I don't know if Triple H has any buisness training or degrees of any kind so he should just stay away from that because it could be fatal to the WWE if he's involved in making buisness decisions if he's not qualified in anyway. You can see that there are things on TV that Triple H has taken charge of though. Punk's really long title reign, the reviving of the tag division, the midcard title holders getting more air time and the women actually having a storyline with the whole "did Eve attack Kaitlyn or not?" thing. He's slowly trying to improve the overall product, something which Vince hasn't cared about in at least a decade now. The reason I know this is Triple H's doing is because it all has an old shcool feel to it and he's a classic wrestling kind of guy.

I knew WWE was in major trouble when Shane left a few years ago. That was pretty shocking because everyone knew that the WWE was eventually going to be handed over to him. Step and Triple H are taking over by default really. Shane said in interviews that he left because it was obvious Vince wasn't stepping down anytime soon, so he decided to leave and pursue other buisness ventures. I don't blame Shane at all either, the guy is in his 40s now, Vince was in his mid 30s when he took over the WWF from his dad. How long was Vince actually expecting Shane to wait for his time to come? Vince is 67 now, please fucking retire already.
That's probably the best option but I'd really want to see all traces of McMahon gone. I still think Stephanie is an absolute moron.
03/07 -- Video Games Live
Old 12-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
That's probably the best option but I'd really want to see all traces of McMahon gone. I still think Stephanie is an absolute moron.
Who takes over if it's not passed down from one generation of McMahon's to the next? It has to be to somebody the McMahon's trust more than anyone in their family. Wrestling isn't doing that good of buisness right now, so nobody would be nuts enough to buy it from the McMahon's and take that huge of a risk. I think if Vince does step down, Shane would probably return and be given back whatever he was set up for before he left.

Sorry, but the WWF/E has always belonged to the McMahon's and should always stay in that family. Wrestling promotion goes all the way back to Vince's grandfather. Pro wrestling dies in North America if the McMahon family is no longer part of it.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:51 AM

I think there are a lot of people who'd be interested in buying the WWE. I'd say you were crazy for buying TNA or ROH but the WWE still makes money.

But I know, there will always be McMahons. Hopefully Shane comes back and puts an end to all this movie and social-media bullshit they're into these days and just goes back to what they're good at: wrestling.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
I think there are a lot of people who'd be interested in buying the WWE. I'd say you were crazy for buying TNA or ROH but the WWE still makes money.

But I know, there will always be McMahons. Hopefully Shane comes back and puts an end to all this movie and social-media bullshit they're into these days and just goes back to what they're good at: wrestling.
The WWE is so huge though that the risk of buying it, not to mention what it would cost might not be worth it if it goes under. TNA and ROH are worth a lot less and might be the better investment overall because if it doesn't work out whoever purchased it would not take as huge of a financial hit.

TNA would benefit huge from a big financial backer who could spend the money to market them. Their roster is vastly superior to the WWE's and ROH's right now. They're also the wrestling company of the year, putting on way more entertaining weekly TV shows that puts what WWE has been doing this past year to shame. Every TNA PPV also garuntees you a couple of matches on the card that are easily three or four star matches. If they had a marketing machine behind them this year the WWE would've been in serious trouble. Hopefully that can happen for them in the coming year. The only way for Vince to wake up and change is for another company to rise up and start kicking his ass like WCW did in 1996. But even then it took Vince a year or so for the change to fully take place.

ROH isn't even a blip on the radar right now. Yes, they got a weekly TV show now but it's just so fucking boring. You'd be beyond stupid to invest anything in it.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post

ROH isn't even a blip on the radar right now. Yes, they got a weekly TV show now but it's just so fucking boring. You'd be beyond stupid to invest anything in it.

Goddammit Cornette.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:42 AM

I don't even think TNA is a blip on the radar.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:26 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
I don't even think TNA is a blip on the radar.
They are a very small one but you can't have well known guys like Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle and Sting and not be known just a little bit. TNA does do better than the WWE in the UK. I guess they actually like to see an enteraining wrestling show over there. TNA beats the WWE in TV viewing every week and in show attendence when they tour there. It's not much but at least it's expanding the audience for TNA.

ROH on the other hand is so far off the radar they might as well not even exist. I mean when Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas and Jay Lethal are you're companies most well known names, you're not exactly selling too many tickets. Yeah, they have good wrestlers but most of them are what Kevin Nash would refer to as "vanilla midgets". They put on good matches but have no character or personality that separates them from 100 other wrestlers out there who can do the same thing. The company is so fucked up that they had Ryhno and didn't even know how to use him properly. I'm a little behind on ROH so I have no clue if he's still around or not. But in a company so bland, how you don't make him a champion is just fucking stupid.

In the video below, this guy does a video presentation about CM Punk which is pretty cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2RUC...layer_embedded
Old 12-08-2012, 10:05 AM

I'm not a TNA basher. I haven't watched it regularly in years. But my point is that they are not even a blip on the WWE's radar. This article (which I'm sure you've all read) is a perfect example. Sure, it's a humerous article but it gets the point across and doesn't come across as too one sided (as in WWE biased or TNA biased). Yes it starts out hot enough (but it was during Wrestlemania build when it's usually pretty hot), but by the end (after Wrestlemania) you can see how much fear the WWE had of TNA's chances. Wicked article too, if anyone has never been to that site, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?

And I'm sure the WWE sees TNA putting all their money on guys like Angle, Hardy and Mr. Anderson (guys they don't want anything to do with anymore) and wonder why they're bothering.

Last edited by adamclark52; 12-08-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

You know I will say this TNA made a bigger recovery than anyone expected to. That company should have died halfway through last year. It's one thing to get rid of Russo, it's another thing to actually find a guy to properly carry a company (Bobby Roode).

and Sanitarium78, you're really gonna go by Kevin Nash logic?

as for Wrestlecrap, I'm waiting for them to come up with the damn gooker nominees. Honestly, this year hasn't been too awful. I think the biggest offenders are the shoot DVD companies. Between Kayfabe commentaries idiotic decision to let Russo rebook the invasion (gee I wonder if that's a shot across the bow)l and RFvideos disguting attempt at making video seeming like New Jack and Balls Mahoney are gonna kill each other, shoot DVD comapnies have been worse than wrestling angles.

Last edited by JRA; 12-08-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:54 PM

Yeah, I don't watch WWE or TNA at all anymore but I follow on the internet and usually have a good idea what is going on. And usually there are a few good nominees and one clear cut winner (I knew Micheal Cole was going to win in 2011 after his horrible commentary at the Royal Rumble). But this year I've really heard nothing all that bad.

Maybe some of the love affair storylines that I haven't heard anything too bad about. The Royal Rumble this year was jobberiffic, but I don't think it was Gooker material. Heath Slater getting beat up by Legends every week? I've heard that Aces & Eights stuff in TNA is bordering on ridiculous. Maybe Ryback or Funkasaurus? I bet it's Funkasaurus or Aces & Eights. Or it will be a "joke" Gooker (is that even possible) and Mae Young and Mark Henrys love child all grown up will be the winner.