Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Old 12-05-2012, 09:31 AM
D.B.B.

My big fear for the next PPV is actually Dolph Ziggler losing his MitB briefcase to Cena. Please god don't let that happen.

Everyone knows Wrestlemania next year is gonna be Rock and Lesnar for the belt. Although I don't think that's the best match to have as the main event, nor do I like Brock in the slightest sense, it's still gonna make me want to watch that's for sure.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
My big fear for the next PPV is actually Dolph Ziggler losing his MitB briefcase to Cena. Please god don't let that happen.

Everyone knows Wrestlemania next year is gonna be Rock and Lesnar for the belt. Although I don't think that's the best match to have as the main event, nor do I like Brock in the slightest sense, it's still gonna make me want to watch that's for sure.
No, the main event for Mania will be Cena/Rock 2 for the WWE championship. I thought the writing was on the wall for that once Rock got the title match at the Rumble. Lesnar and Rock makes no sense, two part timers shouldn't be fighting for the title ever. Lesnar and HHH will have a rematch at Mania and Punk with wrestle The Undertaker.

I think that Cena winning Dolph's MITB contract is probably the route they'll take for Cena to get a title match with The Rock. Dolph is never gonna be world champion because he's simply not world championship material. He's great at selling his oppents offense and making them look like a million bucks and his in ring skill is solid. But the dude can't talk for shit, nothing he says has any feeling or passion to it. He can't connect with the fans on the level that's needed to be a world champ. Proof of that is he's in the same exact spot he was three years ago. He makes an awesome IC or US champ but the world title just isn't for him. Ziggler just doesn't have "it" and as much as people like to shit all over Cena at least he does have "it".

Would you ever make Dean Malenko world champ? No. Dolph is the same kind of great mid card performer Dean was. No more, no less.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:14 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

MITB isn't the best way for Cena to get a title match with Rock at all. MITB is always when will they cash it in? With a Cena/Rock title match at Wrestlemania they won't want any guesses. They'll want people to know that the match is happening 100%. So that's why Cena will probably win MITB and the Royal Rumble. I'd say the Rumble is the more likely situation. Rock wins the title at the Royal Rumble, Cena wins the Royal Rumble later in the evening, Rock comes out, they stare down, the fucking Wrestlemania logo is in the background, they look at it, one points, it's getting old. (Just imagine Rock and Cena in that clip.)

As far as those two bozo's being in the main-event again. You guys have to remember that the WWE knows the real fans will buy the event wether it's Cena/Rock in the main event or a much better match like Punk/Ziggler. They already have your money. They want the casual fans with a passing intrest to buy, and a match like Punk/Ziggler will NOT bring those people in. That's why we get Cena/Rock II. And when Cena wins it will lead to the ultimate tie-breaker at Wrestlemania 30. It's all falling into place.

I haven't even watch WWE much for five years but this gets me bitter again.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 12-05-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:46 AM

What makes me even angrier is that Punks historic reign is going to get cut short for $$$. Had he won the title at Summerslam and ended up losing it at the Rumble I wouldn't care because that's just an above average reign. But to have something that could go on to become even more historic end so fucking grandmas and ten year olds will watch Wrestlemania.

11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 12-05-2012, 10:56 AM
D.B.B.

These next couple of months are going to be very interesting...
Old 12-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
These next couple of months are going to be very interesting...
No it won't, it's the calling card of the modern day WWE product to be boring, predictable and bland. The last few Wrestlemanias have been bad and they show no signs of getting their heads out of their asses anytime soon. There's just no hype or buzz around anything anymore. They don't give people a reason to watch live every week like they used to. This week's RAW did a 2.5 rating which translates to only around 3.5 million viewers.

The rating's have been this bad since the Punk heel turn, including hitting 15 year lows three times this year. Yet, Vince does nothing to change the product and seriously switch things up. He did it with the Attitude era and then he did it with the brand split. It's been ten years and he hasn't made a significant program shakeup since the brand seperation. What the hell happened to Vince's balls and his willingness to change the product when the time came?

It's a shame the WWE is so bad and uninteresting right now because they have as much talent on the roster as they ever had. There are guys I really like on the roster and they still wrestle good macthes when given time on TV and PPV. But they just don't give fans a reason to care anymore and you can tell when you go to a WWE show today. Fans just go to have something to do and are not emotionally invested in anything unlike during the attitude era when every fan in the arena was into the show and 90 percent of the wrestlers got an honest emotional reaction from the fans.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

5 Things To Improve WWE
1. Get rid of Heyman: Whether Punk is Heel or Face, he doesn't need someone to talk for him, his mic skills are phenominal.
2. Get Sheamus out of the spotlight: He's boring.
3. Get John Cena out of the spotlight: He's boring
4. PG? No, go back to TV-14, we need that to make the product not so stale.
5. Diva's in Playboy

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 12-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
5 Things To Improve WWE
1. Get rid of Heyman: Whether Punk is Heel or Face, he doesn't need someone to talk for him, his mic skills are phenominal.
2. Get Sheamus out of the spotlight: He's boring.
3. Get John Cena out of the spotlight: He's boring
4. PG? No, go back to TV-14, we need that to make the product not so stale.
5. Diva's in Playboy
1. Guys like Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude and The Original Four Horsemen were all great on the mic and could get it done on their own yet they all had managers. Perfect and Rude had Bobby Heenan and the Horsemen had JJ Dillion. They didn't need managers to help them talk, rather they needed managers to help them get even more heat and to help them cheat during matches, like distracting the ref or the opponet so their guy can get the advantage or cause a DQ loss so their man can still keep their championship. They also come in handy during matches if you want someone to throw an illegal object in the ring.

Just think of how annoyed people were when Mr. Perfect talked about how great he was then he had a no good piece of shit manager like Heenan to keep talking up the same thing after Perfect is done. In the case of Punk, Heyman is this kind of old school manager. Once Punk gets done crowing about how great he his, and the fans think he's done, here comes Heyman on the mic to talk up the same stuff Punk did using different words. That really grates on the crowd and helps to get more boos from them. Punk's heel turn didn't full complete until Heyman came along. He was still getting 50/50 reactions, but once Heyman was added he gets mostly boos now. Heyman is doing his job of helping his guy to get heat from the crowd perfectly.

2. Sheamus actually puts on some pretty solid TV and PPV macthes. The problem is his face character isn't serious enough.

3. Cena needs to take a vacation, a long vacation. But since he's winning the title from The Rock at mania that's not happening and won't happen until the next "face of the company" is ready to step up. Right now they don't have that guy, so Cena can't leave yet.

4. Agreed. PG is a big part of the problem. I've gone back and forth on this over the last couple years but it's obvious now that it's a negative. After the attitude era going back to PG is a regression on the companies part. This isn't the 80s anymore where PG was the only rating. It would also help if they had a clue as to how a write a good PG product, that can be done if they had the right people writing the shows.

It also doesn't help that Vince seems completely clueless as to what kind of shows are getting the ratings on cable TV today. People are watching shows like Sons Of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Dexter, The Walking In Dead, ect. in greater numbers than people who are watching RAW and Smackdown in the US right now. It's nice that the WWE wants to be the cable TV alternative to that but in order to stay relevant and fresh they need to push the envelope like other cable shows do, otherwise they won't be around in another 15-20 years.

5. That doesn't matter to me, it was always the least talented ones (Torrie Wilson, Christy Hemme, Maria) that did that anyways. I'd rather have them concentrate on having a good Divas division again. Yes, the division has never been a huge draw in the WWE, but when it was done well it helped the overall quality of the shows.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:22 PM

Guys, Vince is clueless. He'll never change and it's really time for him to step down. Triple H is really the guy who should be running the show because I think he has a good idea of what it takes to make a really good product. But, Vince will always have his finger on whatever's going on even if he's laying in a hospital bed. And Steph I think is just as cracked as her old man. So she'll always have that influence over Triple H.

I'd say the best thing for the WWE to get a really decent product is get rid of the McMahons, but the chances of that are >0. But I really believe that.

I really don't like Vince.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 12-07-2012, 03:55 AM
Concert Veteran

Triple H should take over the on air product and Stephanie should be in charge of the buisness end of things. I don't know if Triple H has any buisness training or degrees of any kind so he should just stay away from that because it could be fatal to the WWE if he's involved in making buisness decisions if he's not qualified in anyway. You can see that there are things on TV that Triple H has taken charge of though. Punk's really long title reign, the reviving of the tag division, the midcard title holders getting more air time and the women actually having a storyline with the whole "did Eve attack Kaitlyn or not?" thing. He's slowly trying to improve the overall product, something which Vince hasn't cared about in at least a decade now. The reason I know this is Triple H's doing is because it all has an old shcool feel to it and he's a classic wrestling kind of guy.

I knew WWE was in major trouble when Shane left a few years ago. That was pretty shocking because everyone knew that the WWE was eventually going to be handed over to him. Step and Triple H are taking over by default really. Shane said in interviews that he left because it was obvious Vince wasn't stepping down anytime soon, so he decided to leave and pursue other buisness ventures. I don't blame Shane at all either, the guy is in his 40s now, Vince was in his mid 30s when he took over the WWF from his dad. How long was Vince actually expecting Shane to wait for his time to come? Vince is 67 now, please fucking retire already.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 12-07-2012 at 03:58 AM.