Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 12-05-2012, 06:04 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Sepultura69's Best shows of 2012 extravaganza!!!

I did something similar to this last year as well as the year before that and its time to bring it back folks!!! Although the other two threads where on the general chat section and it was more of a thread for everyone to post their best/worst shows of the year, but this time around i decided to just make my own list on this section of the forum, plus the fact that I had been gone for a couple of months has caused me to lagg out on making a thread similar to the ones that I had posted on previous years in the general chat section so fuck it, i'm a go solo on this..

First of all I wanna say that this list will include both Heavy Metal and Hip Hop shows. There are also three shows that I plan on attending this month before the year ends. Those shows happen to be

High on fire - December 21st. LAST METAL SHOW OF 2012 and its on the end of the world!!!

Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill them All Christmas Show - December 23rd. Yup, may come off as pretty shocking to those that know me pretty well on this site. People change, time changes, and more importantly our tastes change, both in FOOD AND MUSIC. Yes, there was a time when i use to shit on OFWGKTA, and diss on all the members of this board for liking them. Feel free to shit on me for the change of taste. I will totally admit that I use to hate odd future with a passion but hey man, times changes, people change, so move on. I'm pretty sure bloodofkings and other members are probably rolling their eyes when they read this post. Yes people, I like Odd future now, in fact i fucking love them. I love them so much that I purchased a ticket to go see them on december 23rd with a couple of friends.

Planet Asia - December 12th - this will be my 5th time seeing Planet Asia!!! W00t w00t!!!

Even though I still have three shows to attend before I make my final verdict I still have a chuck full of shows to be dished out as of now while we progress our way down to the end of the year. I have to leave to work right now but as soon as i get off and get back on this bitch I will start dishing out posts like mother fucker. Hope people are going to enjoy this thread just as much as I am...

Alright peepz, i gotta head out to work and start feeding my wallet some george washingtons
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 12-05-2012 at 06:16 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:01 PM

Alright people here it goes. It's time to dish out the fourteen best shows of 2012. There will also be some ties With additional concerts because i just felt like it was a close tie between the two, just personal opinion... This will also include shows that i did not post reviews for. Hey, just because i don't leave a review doesn't mean I didn't attend the show. Including the ones on my sig

This List of shows will include sludge, stoner, doom, thrash, death metal, and Hip Hop shows that i was lucky enough to attend too this year. Not many but they were still contenders of Best shows ever and classic gigs that i will never forget. I met some awesome doom musicians, chilled with legendary death metal vocalists, and i got to have a great one on one moment with a couple of members from Venom. Great year indeed and epic moments.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!! Lets get this going. Because i'm not going to let this last too goddamn long like my embarrassing hip hop thread.
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 12-05-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:30 PM

14: Wu-Tang Clan

Group: Wu Tang Clan
Genre: Hip Hop
Venue: The Grove of Anahiem
Date: January 18th, 2012.

This was my 5th or 6th time seeing Wu Tang it was another great show once again(i'm pretty certain it was my 6th time, ahhaa damn i've seen wu tang too many times). Kind of a big venue for a group like Wu Tang, but then again wu tang has headlined big arenas played by black sabbath, judas priest, slayer, iron maiden and many other acts, but usually those are when they are on big hip hop festivals, or big tours such as the rage against the machine/wu tang summer tour during 2007 which i was lucky enough to attend. This show definitely didn't have the same raw power and energy as the wu tang/rage show back in summer of 2007 but the group was still a force to be reckoned with. RZA was just insane on the microphone, Masta Killa sound better live than on his album counterparts and that nigga is in his 40s, and method man was just spitting bullets left and right, such a beast on the microphone. Every member brought their A-GAME and it was a grand time seeing a legendary group once again. The only downfall was Ghost face and raekwon were a no show and The venue was just too be big for a straight up Wu Tang Show. I saw Wu Tang Clan in december of 2008 at a tiny little house of blues in hollywood and the sound, atmosphere was just totally different in comparison to this recent show. This venue was pretty big especially for a show being headlined by one act. I remember this was the same exact venue that i was at for a metal festival held back in march of 2009 which included Suffocation, Carcass, Repulsion, White Chappel, Toxic Holocaust, Exodus and many other acts. It was crazy seeing just one rap group headline this big ass venue. I've seen wu tang clan play at ampitheatres headlined by black sabbath, judas priest, iron maiden slayer, and many other legends, but those were usually on big billed festival tours(like the rage against the machine/wu tang 2007 tour for example), although it was still a mind fuck seeing the Clan headline those big amphitheaters shows, but it was even more special and intimate to see them in tiny little clubs that can hold only a couple hundred people(which i was lucky enough to attend at in 2008 ). This was a great show but not the best out of all the times i had seen the Clan. Hopefully next time they decide to play at a much more smaller club like the house of blues show back in 2008.
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 12-05-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:22 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

I wanted to see Wu-Tang last December but they were playing DC the same day that I was flying back to the States from Germany.

Can I ask a blunt question? I've never been to a rap show. Would a white person be out of place at a Wu-Tang show? And is it violent like a thrash show or something or are people chill?
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 12-06-2012, 07:15 AM
not the mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Can I ask a blunt question? I've never been to a rap show. Would a white person be out of place at a Wu-Tang show? And is it violent like a thrash show or something or are people chill?
And this is from the most recent NYC show.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
I don't know how it is in other parts of the world, but over here in southern california all the rap shows that I have attended turn out to be very mellow, peaceful, and filled with clouds of marijuana smoke in all directions. The only rap shows that i have heard that tend to be crazy and violent are those Odd future wolf gang gigs.. Rock the bells 2007 was a pretty violent show as well, but that doesn't really count because the show didn't turn into a giant violent pit until Rage Against the Machine came on stage. It went from being an 8 hour peaceful hip hop show to a war zone once rage came on.

But to answer your question trout', nah I have never been to a rap show that was what you would wanna call "violent". Only peace, love, and tons of weed smoke everywhere. ahahha

Alright people I must head out to work now. I'll be back to post some more entries later tonight. Sorry to be an overkill to those that dislike rap but there will be some more hip hop entries to be dished out soon enough once i return. But no worry folks, I assure you that there will be a little bit of everything on this list. AND I TRULY MEAN A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING(as far as metal goes at least). I'd say this is a pretty diverse list and soon enough you will see some great metal bands popping up on this list, including concerts that I did not do reviews for. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 12-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Sweet, I'd really like to see Wu-Tang or GZA or Public Enemy sometime. That's not quite what I expected the crowd to look like.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 12-06-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Sweet, I'd really like to see Wu-Tang or GZA or Public Enemy sometime. That's not quite what I expected the crowd to look like.
Trust me man, you need to see the crowds over here in southern california. It's rare when I see a black person at a rap show(unless it's one of those super obscure OLD School rappers that never ever really make any form of appearances over here in California, like prince poetry from organized confusion for example). It's usually dominated by thousands upon thousands of white folks.
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 12-08-2012, 05:12 PM

13: Phife Dawg

Rapper: Phife Dawg
Genre: Hip Hop
Venue: The Roxy
Date: April 27th, 2012.

This was my 3rd time seeing the legendary tribe called quest member, only this time he was performing a special solo set which consisted of both his shitty solo material as well as a shit load of classic Tribe called quest songs. I have been fortunate enough to see this MC three times, but the other two times were with His fellow queens bridge rap members. I had a blast at this show and went purely for the nostalgia and being able to watch a legend at such a tiny little club such as The Roxy. The two times that I have seen a tribe called quest were at large amphitheaters which were headlined by them so to see one fourth of the legendary hip hop group at such a tiny little club was something i will never forget. The highlight of the night was when Phife Dawg played the classic track "butter" which is off of a Tribe called quests's "Low End Theory" album which released way back in 1991! It was a moment that I will never forget, especially because I totally relate to that song on another level. Everytime I hear the song "Butter" I always think of my ex-girlfriend; the second verse just totally fits that counts descriptions. The lyrics behind the song are so deep and true about certain females in this world and i'm glad people like phife dawg write these songs for cats such as myself to relate too, and it was an epic moment hearing that classic Tribe song performed right in front of my very own eyes. Twas a nice Friday night taking a trip down memory lane, and hearing all the great old school songs of my youth during the 90s...
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 12-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
I'm pretty sure bloodofkings and other members are probably rolling their eyes when they read this post. Yes people, I like Odd future now, in fact i fucking love them. I love them so much that I purchased a ticket to go see them on december 23rd with a couple of friends.
The funny thing is, no one here really cares about them anymore. I'm still looking forward to Earl's upcoming album and i'll give Tyler's new one a listen whenever it comes out but I kinda lost interest in this group since they failed to put out anything good in the past 2 years. I still think Earl, Bastard, and a few songs on Goblin are pretty good but the OF tape Vol 2 was bad and I was never interested in any of the other members.