KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-05-2012, 12:11 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
I thought the show sold out? My friend went to get a ticket at the window but couldn't. Anyways, I'll never forget that night. I remember standing outside the Key Club after the show and almost seeing Shane die. Remember that cross walk from the Key Club to the tattoo place? Well Shane was crossing there after the show, and some guy drove down Sunset at 100 mph and literally tore the shirt out of the guys hand that was walking right next to Shane. The car came withing a foot of them.
Maybe the turn out seemed shitty to me because me and my friends got to to the show at like 7 PM so it was pretty much an empty desert inside there, but it didn't seem or look any much different once napalm death came on, my friend agreed with me as well, but then again we were both right up front next to mitch so from our view point it just didn't seem so packed since we were in front of everybody else.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 12-05-2012, 12:12 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I just don't buy it. Napalm Death rule. Every club they play should be packed. Period. With hot asian girls.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Old 12-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I just don't buy it. Napalm Death rule. Every club they play should be packed. Period. With hot asian girls.
ND needs to get a proper headlining tour together. If they could come out as ND, Brutal Truth, Exhumed, Wormrot, Needful Things and POOR, then they would definitely get a better response than other tours.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:17 AM

Yeah, the last headlining tour was pretty much Canada only (which I got to see them twice) and had only local openers at every date. That made NO sense to me but it was awesome if you lived in Canada. The other six billion of you had to suffer without.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 12-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Yeah, the last headlining tour was pretty much Canada only (which I got to see them twice) and had only local openers at every date.
Oh yeah. I forgot that had 25 dates across Canada. Honestly, they could have sold out every night if they weren't playing shows that were 20 km apart. haha
Old 12-05-2012, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah. I forgot that had 25 dates across Canada. Honestly, they could have sold out every night if they weren't playing shows that were 20 km apart. haha
Honestly, I never got to go to the show in Peterbough, Ontario but I can't see that drawing at all. It's fucking cottage country with a population of probably 3000, mostly retirees. I really wanted to go to that show but it was on a Tuesday and I was already seeing them the following Friday and Sunday. They played some obscure places on that tour. I really don't know what they were thinking.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 12-05-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:24 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
I thought the show sold out? My friend went to get a ticket at the window but couldn't. .
Dude I'm pretty certain the show didn't sell out. When i'm at a sold out show and i'm practically standing right next to the band I usually feel a painfull crush of waves filled with people bouncing on one another that are trying to get in front of the other guy getting in front of the other guy getting front OF THAT OTHER GUY, not being able to catch one bit air, feeling your insides being crushed, the list goes on. Unfortunately This is exactly what happened to me at the Kreator show which was only 24 hours prior to this show. Napalm Death was the total Opposite. As i have already said 100 times now ahahhaha, I was literally standing less than a couple inches from Mitch and there was absolutely no one touching me or even near me, and I'm standing right next to the goddamn guitarist?!?! Usually 99 percent of the time there is always someone right behind me moving around and i can feel them kind of kneeling on me, or kinda shoving, but not for this show. I WAS CLEAR OF EXESS SPACE, BABY!!! I really think the turn out was just not very good. Thats one thing i always remember about that show, it was sunday night, shitty turn out for a legendary band.

Quote:
Anyways, I'll never forget that night. I remember standing outside the Key Club after the show and almost seeing Shane die. Remember that cross walk from the Key Club to the tattoo place? Well Shane was crossing there after the show, and some guy drove down Sunset at 100 mph and literally tore the shirt out of the guys hand that was walking right next to Shane. The car came withing a foot of them
HOLY SHIT!!!
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 12-05-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Dittohead

I remember both of those tours! The 2009 show here in Ottawa at Babylon only 2 weeks after the Hollywood show. That was a fantastic show, ND were on fire that night! Having the bigger names as support helped sell this one out!

Last tour was here a year ago Oct and they played a smaller venue (Mavericks) and didnt sell it out but it was fairly full. They had local bands open and that made tix sales suffer unfort. ND was still tight and loud though!

I was hoping that the MW/ND/Exhumed tour was gonna come through here this past Oct but it skipped us like most tours do. Settled for Mtl instead. Never miss a ND show, they will never diappoint!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Old Guy

Wizard_in_Black, your review from the past and the present Napalm Death shows sums up my experience perfectly. I first saw ND in 2006 headlining on the Smear Campaign Tour in this really small club here in Boise. It was a poor turnout probably because there was no publicity for the show at all, I live here and I only knew it was coming because I saw it on the Napalm Death website. I had to tell the record store here that I bought the tickets from that they were in fact selling tickets for this show. It was a fantastic concert though, sound and setlist were good and Barney came out afterwards and talked to people and signed the CD booklets I had brought.

When I saw them a few weeks ago, it was a bad vibe, short setlist, bad sound, everything that was good before was not, I have already reviewed it here so I will leave it at that. Hope they can get a proper headlining tour again with good sound soon.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymetalhead View Post
I remember both of those tours! The 2009 show here in Ottawa at Babylon only 2 weeks after the Hollywood show. That was a fantastic show, ND were on fire that night! Having the bigger names as support helped sell this one out!

Last tour was here a year ago Oct and they played a smaller venue (Mavericks) and didnt sell it out but it was fairly full. They had local bands open and that made tix sales suffer unfort. ND was still tight and loud though!

I was hoping that the MW/ND/Exhumed tour was gonna come through here this past Oct but it skipped us like most tours do. Settled for Mtl instead. Never miss a ND show, they will never diappoint!
I was at that show at Mavricks. I liked it much better than the Toronto date.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Tags
napalm death