Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

  #51  
Old 11-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Xenocide's Avatar
Xenocide Xenocide is offline
Flying Whales is about fat chicks crowdsurfing.
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 564
Mass Effect 2 is one of the best games ever made in my opinion. Mass Effect and Mass Effect 3 are tied for second place, since both games are pretty flawed but lovable.
__________________
10/30 - Gojiradon
11/28 - Slayer/Exodus/Suicidal Tendencies
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-18-2012, 07:08 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
with his arms outstretched
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 5,267
I love Mass Effect 2 for the story and environments. But I love Mass Effect 3 for the gameplay, the more RPG elements to the weapons and I liked the icon highlighting items you found a million times more (that doesn't sound like much but it was huge for me). But Mass Effect 2 was "my first" so it will forever be my favorite.
__________________
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=25777

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-19-2012, 04:13 AM
Disturbed95 Disturbed95 is offline
If you dont live for something, you die for nothing
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: RI
Posts: 107
[quote=adamclark52;497526 But Mass Effect 2 was "my first" so it will forever be my favorite.[/QUOTE]

This. ME2 is one of my favorite games of all time and im glad i started with it.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:53 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
with his arms outstretched
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 5,267
I wish I could play ME 2 for the first time again.
__________________
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=25777

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,668
Being half way through Mass Effect 3 only now, despite getting it almost at launch, I wish I could start the series fresh again because I really don't want this to end. 3 is the weakest in the trilogy in my opinion, but the story told in all 3 is amazing, and speaking as a life-long Star Trek fan, this is about as close as I'll ever get to feeling like a part of a sci-fi world. They created something really special with this series I think.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-04-2012, 10:58 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
with his arms outstretched
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 5,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Being half way through Mass Effect 3 only now, despite getting it almost at launch, I wish I could start the series fresh again because I really don't want this to end. 3 is the weakest in the trilogy in my opinion, but the story told in all 3 is amazing, and speaking as a life-long Star Trek fan, this is about as close as I'll ever get to feeling like a part of a sci-fi world. They created something really special with this series I think.
When I finished ME3 the ending (whatever you say about it) stuck with me for about two weeks. I was actually really upset that it was over. And at the risk of painting myself as something out of the World of Warcraft episode of South Park, I'm seriously in love with Liara. That just shows you how much great work went into that game.

So what did I do? I started playing ME2 again and now I'm halfway through ME3 for the second time.
__________________
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=25777

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-04-2012, 01:46 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
with his arms outstretched
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 5,267
I'm trying to think of a games ending that affected me the way Mass Effect 3's did. The closest I can come up with is Metal Gear Sokid 3's. But I was over that within a few days.

I'm going to say something I never thought I'd say; but I think I love Mass Effect more than Star Wars. We'll see how Mass Effect holds up in thirty years, but in 2012 I love it more.
__________________
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=25777

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I'm trying to think of a games ending that affected me the way Mass Effect 3's did. The closest I can come up with is Metal Gear Sokid 3's. But I was over that within a few days.

I'm going to say something I never thought I'd say; but I think I love Mass Effect more than Star Wars. We'll see how Mass Effect holds up in thirty years, but in 2012 I love it more.
Mass Effect is the modern equivalent to Star Wars, told on the platform Star Wars would have been released on if it was released today. That's what I think anyway.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-04-2012, 03:52 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
with his arms outstretched
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 5,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Mass Effect is the modern equivalent to Star Wars, told on the platform Star Wars would have been released on if it was released today. That's what I think anyway.
I agree, 100%.
__________________
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=25777

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I agree, 100%.
What I love about Mass Effect as well, is that it has a lot of Star Trek in the mix too, so it's a perfect middle ground for both Star Wars and Star Trek fans to revel in. It is the sci-fi geeks game, for sure.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008