Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002
Queen + Adam Lambert - Toronto, ON - July 28th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014
Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- September 16th, 2007

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 07-23-2012, 08:40 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampinUp46 View Post
It's interesting, but I still cast my vote for Tenacious D's "cumrag" and The Atlas Moth's "Smoke it All" shirt.

Also...BTBAM has, for some reason, been a band that's sort of hard for me to get into (I listen to Sunn O))) and Opeth, so long songs aren't a problem) and I'm looking to change that.

Part of the reason is due to the fact that I don't know where to start...and my friend that's really into BTBAM hasn't told me all that much about them since we don't meet up that often). I'd like to know what I'm getting into before Summer Slaughter and hopefully enjoy the fuck out of them (properly) at Fun Fun Fun Fest this year.

...Any help? Anyone?
All of my friends who are big fans of them have all started by listening to Colors (including myself), so I recommend that. It's truly a phenomenal album in every way. You may not 'get' it at first, but once it does grow on you, you will be addicted.

If you want to start with songs specifically, Prequel to the Sequel (which is on Colors) is the first one I really got into. It's a mid-length song by their standards (8-ish minutes), and it's a solid introduction to them. Other popular songs from them but not too long are Selkies, Obfuscation, and Mordecai. Finally, if you just want to know all the songs they play on Summer Slaughter, they play (in order) White Walls (closing track on Colors), Specular Reflection, Telos (new song), Sun of Nothing (also on Colors), and Fossil Genera. What I find awesome, is how only a band like BTBAM would have a co-headlining set with only 5 songs (pretty much every song is 10+ minutes).

Anyways, so far I love the new track. I've only heard it once, but it sounds just like I had hoped it would: completely unpredictable and awesome. So excited for the new album. On a side note, it's really scary how seriously I'm considering one of those spacesuits. It'd make a great Halloween costume, and getting a signed album would sweeten the deal. I also thought about the collector's bundle, but I could do without the flag or the shirt (although I wouldn't mind me the LP or some space ice cream...).
3/2 - Dropkick Murphys
3/11 - Meshuggah
3/12 - Tenacious D
Old 07-23-2012, 08:59 PM
N00B

Quote:
It's interesting, but I still cast my vote for Tenacious D's "cumrag" and The Atlas Moth's "Smoke it All" shirt.

Also...BTBAM has, for some reason, been a band that's sort of hard for me to get into (I listen to Sunn O))) and Opeth, so long songs aren't a problem) and I'm looking to change that.

Part of the reason is due to the fact that I don't know where to start...and my friend that's really into BTBAM hasn't told me all that much about them since we don't meet up that often). I'd like to know what I'm getting into before Summer Slaughter and hopefully enjoy the fuck out of them (properly) at Fun Fun Fun Fest this year.

...Any help? Anyone?
I started off with Colors, then Alaska, then the Great Misdirect. For Summer Slaughter it looks like they're just playing off TGM, Colors, the EP they put out last year, and the new album.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:58 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
I'd say start Alaska, then just go in chronological order.
Coming from a BTBAM fanboy, This.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 07-25-2012, 05:55 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

I'm currently listening to the Colors album. It's rather odd, I must admit. There's so many "influences" in these songs...and they all blend together quite well. The death growl is definitely prominent, along with clean vocals, some stuff in between, complete dicking around on the instruments...if I had to give it an "X meets Y" analogy, I'd probably say "Rush meets death metal" or "Dream Theater and Opeth with a slight "modern" influence vocally (I have no idea how to describe it without saying "like Whitechapel, except I don't toler-hate it" ).

Sun of Nothing just began, by the way.

...I really, really like this so far. I can only guess that it'll grow on me over time.

Thanks guys!
7/1 - Cannibal Corpse
7/15 - Motley Crue?
7/26 - Summer Slaughter
Old 07-26-2012, 02:46 PM
N00B

Quote:
I'm currently listening to the Colors album. It's rather odd, I must admit. There's so many "influences" in these songs...and they all blend together quite well. The death growl is definitely prominent, along with clean vocals, some stuff in between, complete dicking around on the instruments...if I had to give it an "X meets Y" analogy, I'd probably say "Rush meets death metal" or "Dream Theater and Opeth with a slight "modern" influence vocally (I have no idea how to describe it without saying "like Whitechapel, except I don't toler-hate it" ).

Sun of Nothing just began, by the way.

...I really, really like this so far. I can only guess that it'll grow on me over time.

Thanks guys!
Just gets better and better from Sun of Nothing onwards. First time I heard Ants of the Sky, and White Walls they completely blew my mind. Especially since the first time I heard them it was live so I had no clue what to expect.
5/11-Behemoth
5/29-Radiohead
6/26-Maiden
7/1-Roger Waters
8/3-Mayhem Fest
9/16-Kiss/Crue
Old 08-23-2012, 09:57 AM
N00B

Song samples are up. Many of them sound pretty bad ass. Quite a few interludes on this album as well. Also the song Bloom reminds me of Mr. Bungle.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Parallax...94439&sr=301-3

Last edited by DisasterPiece120; 08-23-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:02 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisasterPiece120 View Post
Song samples are up. Many of them sound pretty bad ass. Quite a few interludes on this album as well. Also the song Bloom reminds me of Mr. Bungle.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Parallax...94439&sr=301-3
So we've got three tracks over 10 minutes (one of which is over 15), and two that are 15 seconds or less from being 10 minutes? Ohhhh man this will be juicy.
3/2 - Dropkick Murphys
3/11 - Meshuggah
3/12 - Tenacious D
Old 08-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-23-2012, 05:09 PM
N00B

I listened to Colors in its entirety twice today, which, given my short musical attention span, is saying something. How I've neglected to listen to these guys is beyond me. BRING ON PARALLAX II!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

This album is ridiculously good.