Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001

Old 11-29-2012, 04:43 PM
That Guy

The new Saint Vitus didn't suck. Why would carcass suck?

I know they aren't the same genre, but just because a band comes back and makes a new album doesn't mean that it is going to suck. If anything it means they will get to tour more places since the label that will pick them up will want to promote them.

And even if it does supposedly suck, read the above paragraph again.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post

I know they aren't the same genre, but just because a band comes back and makes a new album doesn't mean that it is going to suck. If anything it means they will get to tour more places since the label that will pick them up will want to promote them.

And even if it does supposedly suck, read the above paragraph again.
Yeah, before I had little hope of getting a chance to see them but now with this news my chances are much greater.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
... just because a band comes back and makes a new album doesn't mean that it is going to suck.
That's not what I was getting at. Saint Vitus stayed true to their sound over the years, so it's a bit of a different situation. The reason I think a new Carcass album will suck is that Jeff and Bill have lost touch with what the band was. I don't think they have the inspiration to write another great death metal album.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:40 PM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

Yeah not really sure how I feel about this. It could be good, we'll see...
8/18 Aspects of War
8/23 Tercer Mundo/Muerte
9/27 GBH
Old 11-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Saint Vitus has always stayed true to their sound. Wino has been making amazing Doom albums for 30 years and I doubt he's going to change anytime soon. Or at least make it affect Saint Vitus. Carcass on the other hand is different. The Carcass I fell in love with was all about grind and being as fast as possible. Jeff started hating grind in the early 90s, so he completely changed the sound of the band. That's why they've only been playing 2 songs from the first album since like 92 and never played too many songs off the second album since then either. Another example of Jeff hating grind is how Brujeria has gone to complete shit ever since he joined. They used to play songs off the first record a lot, now that he's in the band,, its mostly Brujerizmo songs cause they're not grindcore. Also, Bill is in love with his Firebird band. I love hearing him singing in a clean note and trying to show his love for Cream, but I'm not sure how this will affect new Carcass. The best thing about seeing Carcass was seeing Bill sing Exhumed to Consume. I know Jeff is too much of a rockstar to let Bill be in control. I really hope Bill gets some input so he can make another Exhumed to Consume, but I don't see that happening. In the end, this album will most likely suck. To make matters worse, I won't want to see them after this album comes out cause that just means more old songs are going to be cut. I'm sure they will be more than happy to just play Heartwork and the new album and maybe one old song. Fuck that shit.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:21 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Also, Bill is in love with his Firebird band.
Not as in love as he fucking should be. He spends more time touring as the lead guitarist in Gentlemans Pistols than he does touring Firebird. Firebird are MUCH better too.

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Old 11-30-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Not as in love as he fucking should be. He spends more time touring as the lead guitarist in Gentlemans Pistols than he does touring Firebird. Firebird are MUCH better too.
I just looked up Firebird on wiki and found out they broke up last year. I just looked up Gentlemens Pistols and they're ok, but Firebird is way too good to have called it a day. When Carcass announced they were coming back to the states, I was kind of bummed that I had to see Bill perform that way instead of as the front man of Firebird. I want to see them live so bad.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
I just looked up Firebird on wiki and found out they broke up last year. I just looked up Gentlemens Pistols and they're ok, but Firebird is way too good to have called it a day. When Carcass announced they were coming back to the states, I was kind of bummed that I had to see Bill perform that way instead of as the front man of Firebird. I want to see them live so bad.
I got to see them twice and they were fantastic both times. One was a TINY headlining warm-up show for the last time they played Roadburn (Wounded Kings and Trippy Wicked supporting), and one was opening for Graveyard. They just didn't tour often enough. At the very least they should have been touring the UK relentlessly to get their profile up, but they didn't. I guess having members living in Sweden etc. didn't help.

30/7 King Diamond
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen

Last edited by ravenheart; 11-30-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I got to see them twice and they were fantastic both times. One was a TINY headlining warm-up show for the last time they played Roadburn (Wounded Kings and Trippy Wicked supporting), and one was opening for Graveyard. They just didn't tour often enough. At the very least they should have been touring the UK relentlessly to get their profile up, but they didn't. I guess having members living in Sweden etc. didn't help.
I remember looking up their tour dates in 09 to see what was up and they had a lot of UK dates at the time. I'm not too familiar with the UK, so I have no idea if it was actually a lot or not.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:16 AM

Quote:
I remember looking up their tour dates in 09 to see what was up and they had a lot of UK dates at the time. I'm not too familiar with the UK, so I have no idea if it was actually a lot or not.
More than 6 is a lot

30/7 King Diamond
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen