Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 11-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

After watching WWE's Best Of No Holds Barred dvd they put out I realized that Shane McMahon might be the best hardcore wrestler WWF ever had. I mean the stuff he did in his matches after watching them was insane for what WWF was doing. He really put it all into a match and the fact that he wasn't a wrestler was even better. Like watching the matches where he would lay them on a announcers table and fly off the top rope you see that not only does he jump up and out instead of going down but he fully takes all the hit through the table with his weights? Thoughts? Opinions?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:18 PM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
After watching WWE's Best Of No Holds Barred dvd they put out I realized that Shane McMahon might be the best hardcore wrestler WWF ever had. I mean the stuff he did in his matches after watching them was insane for what WWF was doing. He really put it all into a match and the fact that he wasn't a wrestler was even better. Like watching the matches where he would lay them on a announcers table and fly off the top rope you see that not only does he jump up and out instead of going down but he fully takes all the hit through the table with his weights? Thoughts? Opinions?
Yeah, Shane was a high-spot king of the WWE. It's really bad that I heard him in an interview a few years ago and he said he's pretty much in constant pain now. Really the other three make me change the channel, but I paid to see Shane. It's really to bad he's gotten away from the company now.

My favorite McMahon by far.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; 11-27-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:13 AM
D.B.B.

Best part about Shane was that he didn't even need to do that stuff. The guy was worth more money then the majority of the roster back then. He did all those crazy spots cause he wanted to. Shane is hardcore!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:08 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
My favorite McMahon by far.
If it wasn't for Stephanie's chest he would be my favorite McMahon to

I think the reason Shane went all out the way he did was because he knew he was only doing it on a limitted basis so he decided to just do as much crazy shit as possible. Plus, growing up in the buisness you just know that he probably wanted to do some wild stuff in the ring since he was a kid, so he made the most of the matches he was in.

I still have to give Mick Foley the nod when it comes to the most hardcore WWF/E wrestler ever. Shane did a lot of insane stuff, like that fall off the top of the titantron against Steve Blackman but nothing beats Foley getting tossed off the top of the cell by the Undertaker. Without a doubt the biggest "HOLY SHIT!!!!" moment in the companies history. The amount of chair shots Foley took to his head in his I Quit match with the Rock I also think is more hardcore than anything Shane did. I mean the guy has permanent brain damage from stuff like that which he has to live with the rest of his life. Shane took a lot of insane bumps to entertain the fans but nobody killed their body more in order to entertain the WWF fans than Foley did.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Yeah but if Shane says he's in constant pain from doing it than he's worse than foley. I've met and seen Foley a ton recently and other than the teeth he is perfectly fine he said.

And if we are rating McMahon than Shane is hardcore but Steph always had a nice chest and ass.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
If it wasn't for Stephanie's chest he would be my favorite McMahon to
Again

That chest is wicked though.

07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; 11-28-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Bullshit, if her first act was to have a bunch of mutants bukkake her she'd totally be viewed as extreme enough.

Or maybe another lesbian angle where HHH catches her cheating with Kimona and says "I'll take em both I'm hardcore."

No the worst angle involving Stephanie was when she pussywhipped Jericho leading up to his title unification match with HHH at WM18.

You know the fact that Foley got over for taking that bump kind of pisses me off. Undertaker was the one that threw him off, why didn't he get credit? It's like Andre the Giant taking credit for letting Hogan slam him. Andre wasn't immortalized by getting slammed, Hogan was.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:35 PM

I honestly hated pretty much anything Stephanie was involved in. The Kurt Angle love triangle angle did have some funny moments but she is probably my most hated WWE on screen character of all-time.

07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; 11-28-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:37 PM

And her time as GM of Smackdown was okay when she was feuding with Bischoff (GM of Raw) because there were no other McMahons involved. But her time as GM ended brutally terrible as well.

07/06 -- U2
Old 11-28-2012, 02:40 PM

With Foley I sort of side with Ric Flair with my opinions on him, just not quite as extreme. I still see him as one of the WORST champions in WWF/E history.

07/06 -- U2