Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Nile -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2014
Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014
Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014
Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Old 11-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

I actually think the Attitude era lasted longer than Wrestlemania 17. Even if Austin's heel turn wasn't a fluke, the Attitude era wasn't all about him. Yes he was the top guy, but there was more to it than him. Otherwise it would have ended with the "who ran over Stone Cold" angle, considering he was out of action to get surgery.

I think the attitude era ended in one of four places:

1) Austin/Rock's final Wrestlemania match at WM19, which was followed by Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar, which seemed to indicate more of a future direction.

2) The end of Wrestlemania 20, with Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero celebrating during a hailstorm of confetti.

3) When Hogan came back to smack down as the Hulkster and the american crowd cheered as loud as they could for 20 minutes. That, to me, signaled they had enough of anti-heros. (incidentally, one could also argue it ended when The Rock got booed in favor of Hogan at WM18, but I think that was just Canada being dicks. Cos you know, they do that)

4) After HHH humped a doll in a funeral home. Nobody liked that angle and that seemed to indicate that people had had enough of over the top sex and violence.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Concert Veteran

I attended Wrestlemania 18 in Toronto where Hogan/Rock took place and no people weren't cheering Hogan and booing Rock just to be dicks. The overwhelming vibe during that match was that 90 percent of the crowd honestly did want Hulk to win. Hogan was right in the build up when he called Rock a "flash in the pan" and it seemed people agreed with him, he was right after all.

This wrestlemania was no doubt the end of the attitude era, because the very next night on RAW vince announced the brand extension. That began the new era of the WWE.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:10 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I consider Wrestlemania XX to be the last great show. There have been good, even great, PPV's since but that one was the last that had such great build and such a great payout at the end. And not just with the main even. Christian/Jericho had some great build, the Undertakers return as the deadman was built awesomely, Cena was still hot, and even Lesnar/Goldberg had great build going into it. It went downhill after that.
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 11-25-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:58 PM

Actually, the Attitude era ended right here.

07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
Old 11-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Music Is Good

The Attitude era began with the first stunner on Vince McMahon.

The Attitude era ended when WWF became WWE.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:09 PM
N00B

I don't really think there is a definitive beginning or end, it sort of faded in and later faded out. There's moments going back to 1996 that signaled change...stuff like Diesel flipping off Bret at Royal Rumble, Sunny, Goldust, etc. And RAW was filled with edgy TV for a long time after 2001, stuff like Edge & Lita's sex celebration, a lot of the stuff Diva's were doing on TV, ECW returning, etc.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:01 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_Hanging_Fruit View Post
I don't really think there is a definitive beginning or end, it sort of faded in and later faded out. There's moments going back to 1996 that signaled change...stuff like Diesel flipping off Bret at Royal Rumble, Sunny, Goldust, etc. And RAW was filled with edgy TV for a long time after 2001, stuff like Edge & Lita's sex celebration, a lot of the stuff Diva's were doing on TV, ECW returning, etc.
The Attitude era started at the 1996 King Of The Ring PPV. After Austin won the tournament he gave a promo after where he said the iconic line "Austin 3:16 says, I just whooped your ass" to Jake The Snake Roberts who he beat in the finals. The era was off and running after that and Austin became an ovenight phenomenon the likes of which the wrestling world had never seen before.

When it ended is up for debate though. It could've happened during the WCW/ECW Invasion angle but there was still a lot of Attitude in that. That's why I say that Wrestlemania 18 was the ending of it. The next night on RAW the brand extension was announced and that started a new program format and company wide change. The final nail in the coffin was when they changed their name to WWE. The marketing campain for that was "Get the F out" and that was the last time their was ever any attitude in the WWE.

Edge and Lita's live sex celebration was no doubt a nod to the Attitude era but the era had been dead for three of four years before that happened.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:22 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

actually WM18 sounds about right.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:31 PM

Okay, I got WWE '13 for Christmas, for PS3. Can someone tell me how to import music from CD's or whatever to the game so I can use them as entrance music?

I'm slow, so step by step please.
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
Old 12-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Okay, I got WWE '13 for Christmas, for PS3. Can someone tell me how to import music from CD's or whatever to the game so I can use them as entrance music?

I'm slow, so step by step please.
You just save whatever songs you want to your PS3 and when you got to the create an entrance part, just select the import music option. Then you can pick what songs you want. At least that's how it used to work, I actually haven't imported any music with my WWE 13.