Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 10-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Metal-Setlistcore

Let's not take it that far.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

So a lot of you are probably convinced that alot of my rigid standards are picked up from Ultraboris. Well let me drop a cold hard Ultraboris...ism on you.

"Ya know, the first time I heard it, I didn't like it at all. So I didn't listen to it for another two weeks. But then I went back to it, gave it another chance, and now I'm a better person for it. Let this be a lesson for you all, everyone. Give things another chance. That includes Drano. If you can survive drinking Drano once, I don't see why you can't survive it twice."

So about two weeks later, I gave it another chance. And another. and another.
Needless to say, I've come to like it. Not love it, mind you. I still think anyone who puts this at #2 on their albums of the year is overrating it (the new Van Halen, Rush, and High on Fire smoke the hell out of this, so at most it should be #4 ), and I still think having this be a double album was mistake, but I can't quite bring myself to hate it. I personally think it should have been an album composed of all the rock tracks and then take all the soft stuff, use Eula as a skeletal framework and build around that, especially since Eula is awesome.

Last edited by JRA; 11-21-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Bringer of Darkness

Yellow is flawless if they had just trimmed out almost the entirety of Green sans a few songs and just made one album. It would be unstoppable. As it is though they way I see it this is the experimental jump/phase to launch Baroness into greener pastures. Their next album which will probably their major label debut is the one to look out for.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:14 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
So a lot of you are probably convinced that alot of my rigid standards are picked up from Ultraboris. Well let me drop a cold hard Ultraboris...ism on you.

"Ya know, the first time I heard it, I didn't like it at all. So I didn't listen to it for another two weeks. But then I went back to it, gave it another chance, and now I'm a better person for it. Let this be a lesson for you all, everyone. Give things another chance. That includes Drano. If you can survive drinking Drano once, I don't see why you can't survive it twice."
You talk about Ultraboris waaaay too often... even though the last time was probably like six months ago.