Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014
Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
Satan -- Philadelphia, PA -- April 14th, 2014
Dave Mustaine with San Diego Symphony -- San Diego, CA -- April 12th, 2014

  #11  
Old 11-19-2012, 04:48 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Dads of the world, rejoice!
I saw you had the latest post and I thought you were going to post something about the Anal Cunt song. Alas, no dice.
__________________
I listened to three Babymetal tracks...sounds like Chun Li getting butt-fucked by Andrew W.K. That's not something I ever wanted to hear.
-El Gordo
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Onioner Onioner is offline
One who onions things
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Everywhere, CA
Posts: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickLed19 View Post
Agreed, I thought he was shit when I saw him a few years ago. Nosebleeds were like $60, the good seats were over $150. He played like 75 min. I felt ripped off and I had shitty seats.
I guess I got lucky then. I saw the Clapton/Winwood your three years ago and they played for two hours. Yes seats were expensive as hell, but I thought it was a fantastic show.
__________________
Brocas Helm/Hatchet/Exmortus/Midnight Chaser 11/22
High on Fire/Kvelertak 12/12
Exodus/Nails/Hellfire (???) 12/20
Neurosis/Bl'ast!/YOB (???) 12/29
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-19-2012, 07:36 PM
christopher's Avatar
christopher christopher is offline
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA
Posts: 5,660
I would love to see Clapton play Layla, but don't have the money for it.
__________________
4/16-Goddamn Gallows
4/26-Good Luck Thrift Store
4/27-Trampled by Turtles
5/13-Scion Fest
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-20-2012, 05:59 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,312
Blog Entries: 1
Guys like Brian May & even Mark Knopfler (don't shoot me!) are better imho.

The only time that Clapton was really good was during his Cream period.
__________________
Jump in the fire

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-20-2012, 02:26 PM
PVH5150 PVH5150 is offline
Music Is Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Guys like Brian May & even Mark Knopfler (don't shoot me!) are better imho.

The only time that Clapton was really good was during his Cream period.
I don't disagree on those points. I also prefer May and Knopfler. I just don't agree that Clapton is "the most overrated guitarist ever".

Someone of that caliber is someone that's a mediocre player at best and consistently gets their cocks sucked by Rolling Stone or any other alt/hipster magazine.

Kurt Cobain, Jack White, The Edge, Matt Bellamy, etc.
__________________
5/10: Alice in Chains
7/3: Boston/Night Ranger
7/19: Extreme
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-20-2012, 02:31 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Someone of that caliber is someone that's a mediocre player at best and consistently gets their cocks sucked by Rolling Stone or any other alt/hipster magazine.

Kurt Cobain, Jack White, The Edge, Matt Bellamy, etc.
This.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-21-2012, 01:26 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,312
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
I don't disagree on those points. I also prefer May and Knopfler. I just don't agree that Clapton is "the most overrated guitarist ever".

Someone of that caliber is someone that's a mediocre player at best and consistently gets their cocks sucked by Rolling Stone or any other alt/hipster magazine.

Kurt Cobain, Jack White, The Edge, Matt Bellamy, etc.
I agree with the latter part of your post.
__________________
Jump in the fire

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:09 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008