Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Old 11-20-2012, 10:12 PM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

A Buffalo date would be nice. I've seen the Deftones a couple times and they were lame. Hope they aren't on it.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:21 PM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I can see why people may not like Deftones live. When I saw them open for Black Sabbath it was not very good. Mind you it was at the Skydome in Toronto and I'm sure the guys working the board were paid to make sure no one sounded better than Sabbath. I remember a lot of reverb.
I was also at that show and have no memory of the Deftones even playing. I remember Pantera and Sabbath sounding good, and we were up in almost the top row. Great show.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Metal-Setlistcore

lol at not liking Deftones
Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 PM
N00B

I don't know how you can have seen Deftones the past year or two and think they were lame. They have some of the highest energy I've seen live.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:51 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
I don't know how you can have seen Deftones the past year or two and think they were lame. They have some of the highest energy I've seen live.
It depends on the environment. In a small venue, yeah, I'm sure they're incredible, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they'll translate as well in amphitheaters or arenas, which I am sure is the environment that most detractors have seen them in.

I for one saw them open for SOAD in an amphitheater, and while I thought they were entertaining, I wasn't blown away or anything.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:00 PM
That Guy

I saw Deftones during Knotfest and took pictures right in front of the guard rail for the first 3 songs for them. After that I went immediately to the side stage to wait for Lamb Of God, Deftones while they try to put on a good show....their songs make it boring. Their show is not bad for those who enjoy them, but a guy like me just finds it very boring.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:13 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I saw Deftones during Knotfest and took pictures right in front of the guard rail for the first 3 songs for them. After that I went immediately to the side stage to wait for Lamb Of God, Deftones while they try to put on a good show....their songs make it boring. Their show is not bad for those who enjoy them, but a guy like me just finds it very boring.
Deftones sucked live between their self titled album until Diamond Eyes. Chino finally cleaned up his act and now they are better than ever. They are better in a club/theatre setting compared to a amphitheater/arena.

One reason they do not always go over well is that their sound doesn't exactly fit in with most bands. They are a band one usually loves or hates. If you aren't a fan of the music you probably won't be a fan of them live either. I still think they are the best alternative-metal band whether that be live on in the studio. Regardless, the Deftones touring with AiC comment was just that, don't get your hopes up for BlackDiamondSkye part 2 although it is slightly possible.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:29 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
Deftones sucked live between their self titled album until Diamond Eyes. Chino finally cleaned up his act and now they are better than ever. They are better in a club/theatre setting compared to a amphitheater/arena.

One reason they do not always go over well is that their sound doesn't exactly fit in with most bands. They are a band one usually loves or hates. If you aren't a fan of the music you probably won't be a fan of them live either. I still think they are the best alternative-metal band whether that be live on in the studio. Regardless, the Deftones touring with AiC comment was just that, don't get your hopes up for BlackDiamondSkye part 2 although it is slightly possible.
I guess I will always have a grudge with Deftones because my very first concert was Summer Sanitarium with Metallica, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Deftones and Mudvayne. Deftones canceled their set because he got too high before their set and couldn't perform. I will always find that to be bullshit.

If you look up videos from Knotfest, you can see all the stage antics that Deftones did and that Chino is a great frontman and can now put on energy, but a lot of their songs I can't get into. Every album since the self titled album has had a few great songs with a lot of mediocre ones.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:27 AM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Every album since the self titled album has had a few great songs with a lot of mediocre ones.
Its all opinion but I think Diamond Eyes & Koi No Yokan far surpass their other albums except White Pony. KNY may very well be their best album yet. I suggest you give it a few listens if you have not done so yet.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:46 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
Not to be a douche, but all they do is stand still. Both times. Occasionally Chino goes from standing near the drums to standing on his little riser.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac