Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Goatwhore -- Ottawa, Ontario -- July 4th, 2015
Corrosion of Conformity -- Barcelona, Spain -- July 2nd, 2015
Van Halen -- Auburn, WA -- July 5th, 2015
Alice Cooper -- Gavle, Sweden -- July 4th, 2015
Alice Cooper -- Stockholm, Sweden -- July 3rd, 2015

  #11  
Old 11-19-2012, 04:48 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 20,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Dads of the world, rejoice!
I saw you had the latest post and I thought you were going to post something about the Anal Cunt song. Alas, no dice.
__________________
You know its true, bunny rabbits we have got lovely little fluffy bottoms. We do. That's why people often mistake us for Danny Devito.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Onioner Onioner is offline
One who onions things
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Everywhere, CA
Posts: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickLed19 View Post
Agreed, I thought he was shit when I saw him a few years ago. Nosebleeds were like $60, the good seats were over $150. He played like 75 min. I felt ripped off and I had shitty seats.
I guess I got lucky then. I saw the Clapton/Winwood your three years ago and they played for two hours. Yes seats were expensive as hell, but I thought it was a fantastic show.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-19-2012, 07:36 PM
christopher's Avatar
christopher christopher is offline
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA
Posts: 6,284
I would love to see Clapton play Layla, but don't have the money for it.
__________________
Who needs a god when you've got Big Macs?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-20-2012, 05:59 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Marion Cotillard is my muse
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 4,010
Blog Entries: 1
Guys like Brian May & even Mark Knopfler (don't shoot me!) are better imho.

The only time that Clapton was really good was during his Cream period.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.

25/09 - Anneke Van Giersbergen
03/10 - Glenn Hughes
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-20-2012, 02:26 PM
PVH5150 PVH5150 is online now
Boston & Brooklyn. I sound like Peter Steele's retarded brother.
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 4,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Guys like Brian May & even Mark Knopfler (don't shoot me!) are better imho.

The only time that Clapton was really good was during his Cream period.
I don't disagree on those points. I also prefer May and Knopfler. I just don't agree that Clapton is "the most overrated guitarist ever".

Someone of that caliber is someone that's a mediocre player at best and consistently gets their cocks sucked by Rolling Stone or any other alt/hipster magazine.

Kurt Cobain, Jack White, The Edge, Matt Bellamy, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-20-2012, 02:31 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 19,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Someone of that caliber is someone that's a mediocre player at best and consistently gets their cocks sucked by Rolling Stone or any other alt/hipster magazine.

Kurt Cobain, Jack White, The Edge, Matt Bellamy, etc.
This.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

2/7 Alice Cooper
3/7 Alice Cooper
17/7 Ripper Owens
24/7 Scorpions
6/8 Queensryche
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-21-2012, 01:26 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Marion Cotillard is my muse
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 4,010
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
I don't disagree on those points. I also prefer May and Knopfler. I just don't agree that Clapton is "the most overrated guitarist ever".

Someone of that caliber is someone that's a mediocre player at best and consistently gets their cocks sucked by Rolling Stone or any other alt/hipster magazine.

Kurt Cobain, Jack White, The Edge, Matt Bellamy, etc.
I agree with the latter part of your post.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.

25/09 - Anneke Van Giersbergen
03/10 - Glenn Hughes
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:31 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008