Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-19-2012, 09:40 PM
N00B

Lamb Of God -- Orlando, FL -- November 19th, 2012

Here's my review from the show tonight.

Sylosis - I'd only listen to 2 of their songs online and it was ok, but man they surprised me live, they made me thing of a progressive (more modern) Death, their bassist even looks like Digiorgio, but they sounded really good, the musicianship was great, one of the best opening bands I've ever seen, I'll definitely check out their album. - 7/10

Hatebreed - I'm not really much of a fan of their music but they were entertaining live, they were pretty much exactly what i expected though. - 7/10

In Flames - They were one of the first 3 metal bands I ever listened to and really liked, so it's been a long time coming that I've wanted to see them, so needless to say i was pretty excited to see them, and they did not disappoint in the slightest, I sometimes hear how Anders has lost his touch and that he just doesn't sound that great anymore, i don't know who thought that because they were nearly flawless, their setlist could have been better but they sound better than they do on CD, I'll definitely go see them again some time, hopefully with a longer set. - 9/10

Lamb Of God - One of the first modern bands I got into, I was pretty excited to see them, especially with all the hype around Randy get in/out of jail earlier this year, so it was probably 10x as intense as it would have been a year ago, Randy is such an incredible vocalist, and the band was great as well, Willie and Chris Adler are unbelievably talented musicians and mesh together perfectly, unfortunately we ended up having to leave during Omerta, but i still had a great time regardless. - 8/10
---

Lamb Of God

1)Desolation
2)Ghost Walking
3)Walk With Me In Hell
4)Set To Fail
5)Ruin
6)Now you've Got Something To Die For
7)11th Hour
8)The Undertow
9)Omerta

In Flames

1)Sounds Of A Playground Fading
2)Where The Dead Ships Dwell
3)Reroute To Remain
4)Embody The Invisible
5)Cloud Connected
6)Fear Is The Weakness
7)The Mirror's Truth
8)System
9)Deliver Us
10)Take This Life
11)My Sweet Shadow

Hatebreed

1)Before Dishonor
2)Betrayed By Life
3)Everyone Bleeds Now
4)In Ashes They Shall Reap
5)Tear It Down
6)Last Breath
7)As Diehard As They Come
8)Defeatist
9)Live For This
10)Doomsayer (w/ Randy Blythe)
11)Perseverance
12)I Will Be Heard
13)Destroy Everything

Sylosis

1)Fear The World
2)Altered States of Consciousness
3)Teras
4)Empyreal
Old 11-19-2012, 10:53 PM
N00B

how old are you?
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26
Old 11-19-2012, 11:09 PM
N00B

19, why?
Old 11-19-2012, 11:10 PM
N00B

I was at this show too. Fucking AMAZING! All of the bands were on fire. I only caught half of Sylosis, but they sounded really damn good, I was impressed. I will have to give them a listen. Hatebreed was just nuts. The energy was off the wall, and everyone seemed to know the words all of their songs (I didn't know much from them).

I also have to agree with you on In Flames. All of the reviews I read of this tour said that IF was weak, and brought the energy down. Not the case here whatsoever. People didn't really move the first couple songs, but when Reroute to Remain came on, it got pretty crazy again. I also thought IF sounded "better" than Hatebreed, even though the latter had more energy for sure. I didn't have any problems with their set.

And of course Lamb of God. This was my first time seeing them, and they have become one of my favorites over the past year. Their set did not disappoint in the slightest, as the place almost literally turned into a battleground for the remainder of the night. It was nearly impossible to simply stand still, no matter where you were in the pit. When they played Ruin, it was probably the most I have ever feared for my own safety at a show. Elbows and people were flying everywhere. I crowd surfed too and it was fun! Randy and the rest of the band sounded spot on, and their new production was pretty cool. I have a ton of bruises, and it was totally worth it. One of the 10 best bands I saw all year. This was also probably the best package tour I saw all year too. Amazing show overall.

Sylosis: 8/10
Hatebreed: 8.5/10
In Flames: 8.5/10
Lamb of God: 9.25/10

Btw this was my first time seeing any of these bands.
3/2 - Dropkick Murphys
3/11 - Meshuggah
3/12 - Tenacious D
Old 11-19-2012, 11:17 PM
N00B

Yeah i was in the pit for what i saw of LoG, it was insane, i watched In Flames, and i was in the pit for half of Hatebreed.

And I can't remember the last time I head banged that hard for that long, my neck feels like it's gonna snap lol
Old 11-20-2012, 01:54 AM
Headbanger

My experience with this show was more like what you referenced. Having to sit through In Flames after Hatebreed was one of the most painful concert experiences I've ever gone through. Not only did it kill the energy of the crowd, people were just standing there like statues. Other than Marilyn Manson trying to play after Slayer, this would be the 2nd worse band slotting that I've witnessed. To me Sylosis blew In Flames off the stage and is everything In Flames should be. Sylosis are awesome and incredible live.

Maybe it was IF's setlist too. It started off so weak that they lost most of the crowd 2 songs in. I'd rate this show:

Sylosis 8/10
Hatebreed 9/10
In Flames 2/10
LOG 9.5/10 (just because they could have played longer and should open with Straight for the Sun or Hourglass)
Old 11-20-2012, 02:29 AM
MetalSetLists's Smartest Man

I'm guessing you didn't stay for the encore? The set list looks the same as the date I was there and all the others, so I'm assuming the remaining songs were:

Contractor

---------------------

The Passing
In Your Words
Laid To Rest
Redneck
Black Label
Old 11-20-2012, 04:20 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanidiot777 View Post
I'm guessing you didn't stay for the encore? The set list looks the same as the date I was there and all the others, so I'm assuming the remaining songs were:

Contractor

---------------------

The Passing
In Your Words
Laid To Rest
Redneck
Black Label
I was wondering why the reported setlist was so short.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:02 AM
Metal-Setlistcore

He says right in the post he didn't stay.........
Old 11-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

Wow, 4 good songs from In Flames. That's 4 more than I expected.

Tags
hatebreed, in flames, lamb of god, sylosis