Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Old 11-16-2012, 08:18 PM
One who onions things

So I got a couple more interviews for you all, here's my chat with Barney from Napalm Death. I had no idea dude was so soft-spoken and chill, especially since he is such a screwball onstage. He was also super polite to me and my friend, constantly thanking us for the interview before and after. I kinda derped a little when I needed to look at my questions, but other than that I think it was a good talk!

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2...an-more-video/

I should have my Exhumed interview up sometime later tonight.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31

Last edited by Onioner; 11-16-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:14 PM
One who onions things

And here is my talk with Matt Harvey from Exhumed. Matt actually grew up super close to where I went to high school around San Jose, so hearing him talk about how that area once had a little goregrind scene was super cool. It was a total mindfuck hearing how some of these quaint suburban towns with nothing but Asian Supermarkets and houses used to have tiny shows. He was also just a super laidback and chill guy, his burp in the middle of the video was epic as hell. People kept walking through the shot, including Chris Kontos from Attitude Adjustment who was at least fun about it by pretending to ninja his way through. Everyone else who walked through didn't even pretend to care or be sorry. Still a really fun interview though, and I'm beyond psyched for the next Exhumed record.

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2...-harvey-video/
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 11-16-2012, 11:22 PM
That Guy

Once again, great interviews. Both Barney and Matt Harvey were awesome to me during their interviews with them this year. I'm glad to see the same in yours!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:33 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Once again, great interviews. Both Barney and Matt Harvey were awesome to me during their interviews with them this year. I'm glad to see the same in yours!
Thank you dude! I actually used your Barney interview as a reference so he wouldn't have to answer the same questions again so thanks for the help haha.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31

Last edited by Onioner; 04-17-2013 at 05:37 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:53 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Thank you dude! I actually used your Barney interview as a reference so he wouldn't have to answer the same questions again so thanks for the help hana.
Glad I could be of service!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:59 PM
One who onions things

This Queensryche interview already made the rounds on facebook and blabbermouth, but I guess I can post it here for posterity's sake. The guys were all really chill and funny, Scott, Parker and I all talked Call of Duty before the interview began haha. We only got like 10 minutes to talk when I thought we had 15, so that's why the interview ends so abruptly. I had a ton of questions prepared and I only got to ask about 5 or 6 of them. Our camera's memory card also totally died in the middle of the interview so we lost all the footage. Still a cool chat though, I'm so psyched for when I can do part 2 of this interview!

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2...h-queensryche/
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 12-21-2012, 12:57 AM
One who onions things

Alright, here's my interview with Reed Mullin from Corrosion of Conformity. I was actually scheduled to talk to Mike Dean, but he was held up at the hotel when we were supposed to have our interview. Reed was very fun to talk to though, he was just really engaged and cheery throughout our chat. My voice probably sounds weird because I was freezing my ass off in the venue, Reed was fine because he had a big coat haha. Dunno if any new info came out of this interview, but I think it's a neat talk regardless. Anyway, enjoy! This is probably my last interview for a good while, but hopefully once the tail end of winter rolls around I'll have some cool stuff.

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2...ses/#more-1572
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 01-25-2013, 07:48 PM
One who onions things

Okay guys, here's an interview I did with Away from Voivod. It was a phone interview- I accidentally knocked off my voice recorder from my desk when we started talking and I had to ask him to wait while I searched for the recorder. It was extremely embarrassing haha. Our talk was really fun though, for the first time in an interview I actually geeked out pretty hard. Normally I don't because a lot of musicians that I interview tend to be friends of friends and other folks I know, or I just happen to not be a hardcore superfan of the bigger bands I've interviewed like Queensryche and Napalm Death. Voivod are one of my favorite bands, so getting to talk with Away was just too cool. The evidence of my Voivod nerdiness can be seen in how a chunk of the interview is devoted to The Outer Limits, which I'm convinced is an insanely underrated classic haha. I think there's some new info in this talk, so at least I'm happy with that. Anyway, enjoy!

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2...m-target-earth
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31

Last edited by Onioner; 04-17-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:16 AM
One who onions things

I guess this one's a little old now, but here's my interview with Joseph from Pallbearer. Apparently the dude from Profound Lore forgot to inform him of our interview, but Joseph was still cool about it and we wasted about 15 minutes just looking for a place to do the interview. Very nice guy overall. We only had until Royal Thunder went on before the venue became too loud to talk with each other, so that's why the interview is so short. Otherwise it was a fun chat.

http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2...jason-rowland/

That's it for interviews for a good while for me, school's really ramping up from here on out. I should have a couple really cool ones in late March though.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 02-13-2013, 11:23 AM
That Guy

As always, I'm really digging your interviews. i gotta catch up with a few of them, but i like them a lot.

Very understandable that school has gotta come first, but you've been kicking ass since you started, and you'll be back to kicking ass when you get back into it.