Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Old 11-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Since TNA has been whooping the WWE's ass this past year when it comes to putting on a quailty wrestling program every week, i'm not surprised they would try and take an idea from them.
Tell me about it. Russo get's fired off a roof and all of a sudden Bobby Roode gets some buzz.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:08 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

TNA has been doing good? Every time I turn it on I am bored to tears and lose interest immediately. Any redeming factors I should be paying attention to at all?

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 11-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
TNA has been doing good? Every time I turn it on I am bored to tears and lose interest immediately. Any redeming factors I should be paying attention to at all?
Warning!! Long rant coming up

Redeming factors?

Bobby Roode, James Storm, Austin Aries, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Frank Kazarian and Bully Ray (formerly Bubba Ray Dudley). With the exception of the AJ Styles affair storyline, if you can't get behind how great all these guys have been over the last year and how many good to great matches they've been putting on then you should just stop being a wrestling fan now.

Title records were broken this year in TNA as Bobby Roode became the longest running world champ in the company's history and had one of the best heel world title runs we've seen in a long time. Austin Aries became the longest running X Division champ ever and so did Gail Kim with the Knockouts title. Samoa Joe won the TV title two months ago and has been in full beast mode ever since. Oh yeah, like they used to do back in the day, the TV title is defended just about every week on TV. Wrestlers all have individual personalities and it allows them to stand out more and get noticed.

Now, there are still faults right now. Both the women's and X Division are kind of weak at the moment. But with RVD and Tara (formerly Victoria in WWE) as the champs right now i'm guessing they'll use their veteran experience to help rebuild them again. The worst thing of all is right now Jeff Hardy is world champ but with James Storm getting the next title shot I don't think that will last long.

The best thing about the company over the last year is that they make sure the championships matter. They always have people fighting for them at every PPV and they put the titles and the holders over big time. That goes a long way in making the show interesting. They've also had a few long arching storylines, like the Bobby Roode/James Storm feud that's been going on and off for the last year and has done nothing but produce very good to great promos and matches.

Every PPV has at least two or three very good matches that are worth watching. They take more chances, let the wrestlers perform the style they know best in the ring and they actually allow the wrestlers to bleed if the situation calls for it. But if you're OK with watching the run of the mill, nothing's happening, unexciting, taking no chances, going through the motions product that is the WWE and don't actually want to enjoy the wrestling right now, then by all means just keep watching the WWE and don't bother with TNA

If you can find a way and with the internet today and really who can't? Then you should check out all the PPV's TNA has done this year. It may be a lower quality production but they have kicked the WWE's ass this year when it comes to quality PPV matches and have blown them out of the water when it comes to putting on an entertaining weekly TV show.

It's sad that there are still a lot of fans who won't give TNA a chance due to the stink that Vince Russo's awful booking left on the company. Well, he's been gone for a year now and TNA has removed that stink and is the best wrestling company in the US right now.

Now if they could only get some marketing behind them and give Vince some competition. That would light a fire under his ass and get him to turn around this bland product the WWE has had for a few years now.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:03 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

I guess I'll have to give it another chance. When it was first becoming big and had the six-sided ring I REALLY enjoyed it. It was something new, but when Hulk Hogan came into the picture I lost a lot of interest.

My main complaint about it is (and this will sound pathetic) how the shoot their promos/backstage stuff. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but the camera angles they use are just annoying. Yes... it bothers me THAT much

But ok, tomorrow night I have no plans, so I will try to give it another shot

On a WWE note now. Did anyone catch that tag team match on Monday with Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd? HOLY SHIT. Those guys have some in ring talent, but obviously WWE will release them within the next few years.

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 11-15-2012, 06:57 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
I guess I'll have to give it another chance. When it was first becoming big and had the six-sided ring I REALLY enjoyed it. It was something new, but when Hulk Hogan came into the picture I lost a lot of interest.

My main complaint about it is (and this will sound pathetic) how the shoot their promos/backstage stuff. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but the camera angles they use are just annoying. Yes... it bothers me THAT much

But ok, tomorrow night I have no plans, so I will try to give it another shot

On a WWE note now. Did anyone catch that tag team match on Monday with Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd? HOLY SHIT. Those guys have some in ring talent, but obviously WWE will release them within the next few years.
Hogan is still there but he's just the GM now. He plays the role of a face and is back to being the good Hogan again. He's fine in the role and isn't really bothersome at all.

They still do the camera angles for the backstage stuff, I don't think it's that bad at all. They try to make it look like the camera guys are snooping around and catching stuff they shouldn't be. At least it's better than the WWE where they have the camera right in someone's face as they're planning something and they act like the camera isn't there and that nobody heard or saw what they did.

Give it more than just a week though. Watch Impact for a month and if it still doesn't grab you then give up on it.

Yes, Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd are both very talented in the ring. They've both been on the WWE roster for a few years now. I guess you just haven't been paying attention
Old 11-15-2012, 08:23 AM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

I just started to watch RAW *REGULARLY* again over the last few months
And those guys were always just doing the stupid 1 minute filler matches and had nothing going for them.

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 11-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
I just started to watch RAW *REGULARLY* again over the last few months
And those guys were always just doing the stupid 1 minute filler matches and had nothing going for them.
Well, just to give you a quick rundown of each guy.

Justin Gabriel:

He debutted on RAW a couple years ago with a group called The Nexus, lead by NXT season one winner Wade Barrett. The group was made up of all the wrestlers who participated in the first season of NXT. Barrett, Daniel Bryan, Gabriel, Heath Slater, David Otunga, Michael Tarver and Skipp Sheffield who is now known as Ryback. The only guy from the group not in the WWE now is Michael Tarver. Gabriel had the tag titles a couple times with Heath Slater during this and The Nexus was a pretty hot angle for a few months. After the Nexus would lay a beatdown on someone, they would finish it off with Gabriel doing his 450 splash on the wrestler. He did it in a more cold, heel fashion then he does it now. The move was put over as really devestating at the time.

The Nexus had an NWO like feel to it at first until they had them go up against Cena and he singled handedly beat every guy in the group rather easily and killed off a pretty good angle very quickly that still had some life to it. Since then he's just been jobbing on the internet programs and house shows for the most part. He formed a tag team with Tyson Kidd earlier this year and the WWE has failed to realise that until recently.

Tyson Kidd:

Is the final graduate of the Hart family dungeon. He's been in the WWE at least three or four years now. He was originally brought in as part of a stable with David Hart Smith, The British Bulldogs son and Natalya, Jim The Anvil Neidhart's daughter and were called The Hart Dynasty. He won the tag titles with David and they were a pretty good team but as usual, Vince fucks up good things for no reason. They lost the tag titles, Kidd turned on Smith and absolutely nothing came from it. Smith went unused for a while and was let go some time back. Kidd and Natalya have pretty much been in nomad mode ever since then with no direction and jobbing on the WWE's B and C shows and house shows.

Hopefully they see the potential in the Gabriel/Kidd team. Since HHH is behind the recent tag team revival, something tells me they both might get recognised this time.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:21 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Ohhhhhhhhh yeah. I remember turning RAW on briefly and seeing the Nexus and wondering who they were XD

So... I was browsing YouTube and found this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILlOAsY-ups

AJ IS SO COOL. She'd be rad to just hang with and talk about video games all day

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

If she does Comic Con next year I plan on doing everything I can to get a interview with her.

Then I'll seduce her, go get pizza, and then hit a hotel with her from there.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:54 AM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Don't forget the knockout gas!

Anyways, watched about half of last nights TNA (on demand, so I'll finish it later), not too bad. I loved the Daniel Bryan "YES" chants during the Hulk Hogan/Bubba Ray/Glasses dude segment

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom