Dreamline
The Percussor (drum solo)
Red Sector A
YYZ
The Spirit of Radio
---
Tom Sawyer
2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx/Grand Finale

I have seen Rush 9 times now since 1996 and this show might have been the best. The Key Arena was packed tonight and was a great crowd with a few exceptions. Idiots in front of me thought it was cool to hold up signs for several minutes at a time or hold their camera phones taking videos way above their heads for long periods. Have a little consideration for those behind you when you go to a concert, kids. That rant over, on with the show.

This was the third concert in three nights for me but I had enough energy to cheer like I have never cheered at a Rush concert before. For an indoor arena, the sound was quite good and Rush was in fine form. Geddy sounded great, a nice contrast to the last couple of times I have seen Rush and he sounded ragged. I noticed they are taking a few 10 day breaks during this tour and that seems to be a good thing.

The setlist has been controversial in some corners of the Rushiverse but it gets an A+ from me. I have wanted Rush to vary up their setlist for about 10 years and they finally delievered. This show was also helped by the fact that IMHO their new album Clockwork Angels is probably their best album since Power Windows and the setlist was heavy on both. A friend of mine flew up to Seattle to see this with me and we will both go next year too if the setlist is this good.

Some pics I hope work:
http://imgur.com/pgdeF,IIlDYu
http://imgur.com/a/A7YMc/all
4-22 Nightwish

Last edited by Wrecking Crew; 11-15-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:23 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Wish I had gone
I've never seen Rush, but the remaining tickets were sooooo expensive.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 11-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Crew View Post
A friend of mine flew up to Seattle to see this with me and we will both go next year too if the setlist is this good.
The set should be about the same for next year. I could see them switching out a few songs like Territories or Grand Designs for some other obscure tunes but it will be close if not exactly the same. The Clockwork Angels portion of the show will no doubt be the same
Old 11-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
The set should be about the same for next year. I could see them switching out a few songs like Territories or Grand Designs for some other obscure tunes but it will be close if not exactly the same. The Clockwork Angels portion of the show will no doubt be the same
About the only change I would make is putting in Seven Cities of Gold in place of Wish Them Well which I think they already do in setlist A. I would also remove Halo Effect. Also I added pics that I hope work in the original post.
4-22 Nightwish
Old 11-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Crew View Post
About the only change I would make is putting in Seven Cities of Gold in place of Wish Them Well which I think they already do in setlist A. I would also remove Halo Effect. Also I added pics that I hope work in the original post.
Yeah, Seven Cities is in set A. I got that one at my show and holy fuck did it rock so hard. You might think it rocks on the disc but words can't describe how much better that main riff is live. How they switch that up with the mediocre WTW ever night, a song i've heard Neil doesn't even like, is a mystery to me. At least if they rotated it with BU2B the trade would be even each night.

Why does Alex look like he's crying in that picture?

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 11-15-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Yeah, Seven Cities is in set A. I got that one at my show and holy fuck did it rock so hard. You might think it rocks on the disc but words can't describe how much better that main riff is live. How they switch that up with the mediocre WTW ever night, a song i've heard Neil doesn't even like, is a mystery to me. At least if they rotated it with BU2B the trade would be even each night.

Why does Alex look like he's crying in that picture?
Mediocre sums up WTW very well and I forgot about BU2B, they should sub that in for Halo Effect. I can't remember the exact circumstances of the Alex picture but he was probably making silly faces for picture takers as he sometimes likes to do. I don't think there was anything upsetting about the show
4-22 Nightwish

Tags
rush