Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Tinley Park, IL -- July 24th, 2014
Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014

Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
Heard some more Mayhem Fest 2013 rumors. I'm not sure how legit this is but thought I would pass it along. I am hearing that Nuclear Blast Records will be hosting the small stage (like Sumerian did in 2012) and that Exodus, Fleshgod Apocalypse & Sylosis will be three of the bands to play that stage. This is not confirmed but a rumor.
I find that hard to believe. Not only does Nuclear Blast not have a huge hand mainstream in the states but for most of the Mayhem crowd none of those bands are big draws. I'd be safe to say that most of the 15 year olds there have never heard of Exodus or Fleshgod.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Cowboy From Hell

You may be right but some record label will likely take the place of Sumerian Records on next years fest & since this was the first rumor I heard about it I thought I would throw it on here for everyone to discuss.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:04 PM
One who onions things

If Slayer wants to go to Europe with Gary Holt, I doubt Exodus will play Mayhem. I guess it's possible that they could get Rick Hunolt to fill in again, but I really doubt that he can take another full summer off from work or whatever takes up his time these days.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 11-11-2012, 08:31 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

How long has Jeff been out of Slayer now? Kind of ridiculous for how serious his condition must be that the rest of the band seems to be brushing it off and touring/writing like they would be otherwise.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
If Slayer wants to go to Europe with Gary Holt, I doubt Exodus will play Mayhem. I guess it's possible that they could get Rick Hunolt to fill in again, but I really doubt that he can take another full summer off from work or whatever takes up his time these days.
I'd venture to guess that Hanneman is playing with Slayer again by this Spring. He played a few songs with them last summer so its easy to ASSume he probably has recovered even further.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:49 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I find that hard to believe. Not only does Nuclear Blast not have a huge hand mainstream in the states but for most of the Mayhem crowd none of those bands are big draws. I'd be safe to say that most of the 15 year olds there have never heard of Exodus or Fleshgod.
The small stage they had this year featured bands that I have never heard of and their crowds were small as hell. I could totally see Nuclear Blast doing it this year.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:40 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
The small stage they had this year featured bands that I have never heard of and their crowds were small as hell. I could totally see Nuclear Blast doing it this year.
I think if a larger record label had their own stage at Mayhem Fest that it would be better than the Sumerian Stage. Nuclear Blast or even a label like Century Media would likely have a stage that would be significantly better, probably like the smaller jager stage that was used a few years ago.

Last edited by WOLVERINEKILLS; 11-11-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Resident old fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
I'd venture to guess that Hanneman is playing with Slayer again by this Spring. He played a few songs with them last summer so its easy to ASSume he probably has recovered even further.
I wouldn't be shocked if Holt replaced Hanneman permanently. The silence out of the Slayer camp is telling.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:33 AM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if Holt replaced Hanneman permanently. The silence out of the Slayer camp is telling.
They really have nothing going on but recording a new album which will be all Kerry since he records everything but Hanneman's solos. Hopefully Hanneman makes a speedy recovery & is back soon.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:57 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I dunno. Fleshgod acquired quite a few younger/scene kid fans from doing Summer Slaughter tour. When I saw them with Decapitated, the pit was full of high school kids. Touring with All Shall Perish/Carnifex also had to increase their notoriety with the young people.
8/15 Dr. Shrinker
8/16 KISS
8/23 Midnight ?
8/29 Sleep