Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Rochester, NY -- October 1st, 2014
Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014

Old 11-11-2012, 08:59 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

The Dudleys too, not sure if they're in there and I know they wrestle for TNA now. But they were a HUGE part of the Attitude era.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 11-11-2012, 09:09 AM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Dudley's are in TNA too
It would have been great to get the Hardy Boyz too...but obviously... TNA /ragequit/

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 11-11-2012, 12:14 PM

I didn't know the Hardy's weren't in it!?!
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 11-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

The problem is in that game the Attitude era mode cuts off at WM15, and don't think they were even in the company then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Nowadays it's common for someone to win the WWE title in their first year, but back when he did it it was unheard of.

Um.....

Last edited by JRA; 11-11-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Kurt Angle is another person who should've been including regardless of where he wrestles now. He was important back then. Nowadays it's common for someone to win the WWE title in their first year, but back when he did it it was unheard of.
Really? How many guys have won the world title in their first year of being with the WWE? Sheamus is the only guy I can think of recently.

You don't seem to get it when it comes to who can appear and who can't in these games. Angle, The Dudley's and Jeff Hardy are all under contract to TNA wrestling, there are legal reasons as to why they can't do it. The same reason you never saw guys wrestling for WWF, WCW and ECW all at the same time is because of this. There are legal contracts that they can't break and appearing for other wrestling organizations while under and agreement to another would do that.

If Angle were to be in the game he would have to sign a contract with the WWE to do that. They need his permission to use his likeness, not to mention the WWE would give him some roalities from the sales of the game. TNA can sue both Angle and the WWE for a breach of contract if he did this. I'm sure Kurt doesn't want a lawsuit on his hands and i'm sure the WWE doesn't want another one either. It's honestly not worth all that just to appear in a video game no matter how important you were to the era it's paying tribute to.

They didn't just throw past guys into the game like DDP, Gangrel, Rikishi, Godfather ect. because they felt like it. They needed their OK to be in the game and since they aren't affiliated with any other major promotions right now it was easy to sign them up and have them in it.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Kurt Angle is another person who should've been including regardless of where he wrestles now. He was important back then. Nowadays it's common for someone to win the WWE title in their first year, but back when he did it it was unheard of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Really? How many guys have won the world title in their first year of being with the WWE? Sheamus is the only guy I can think of recently.

You don't seem to get it when it comes to who can appear and who can't in these games. Angle, The Dudley's and Jeff Hardy are all under contract to TNA wrestling, there are legal reasons as to why they can't do it. The same reason you never saw guys wrestling for WWF, WCW and ECW all at the same time is because of this. There are legal contracts that they can't break and appearing for other wrestling organizations while under and agreement to another would do that.

If Angle were to be in the game he would have to sign a contract with the WWE to do that. They need his permission to use his likeness, not to mention the WWE would give him some roalities from the sales of the game. TNA can sue both Angle and the WWE for a breach of contract if he did this. I'm sure Kurt doesn't want a lawsuit on his hands and i'm sure the WWE doesn't want another one either. It's honestly not worth all that just to appear in a video game no matter how important you were to the era it's paying tribute to.

They didn't just throw past guys into the game like DDP, Gangrel, Rikishi, Godfather ect. because they felt like it. They needed their OK to be in the game and since they aren't affiliated with any other major promotions right now it was easy to sign them up and have them in it.
I think the WWE owns the rights to a lot of their images and can do whatever they want. Hence why the Dudleys can't be called "the Dudleys" anywhere else.

I guess I'm just trying to get the point across that a lot of people who were very important in that era are left out, which I find unfortunate. And I'm also really tired of the WWE ignoring important parts of its own history. I go to WWE.com and I have NO IDEA who won the 2004 Royal Rumble?!?!
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 11-11-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Yeah WWE owns the likeness and names to alot of guys.

Fun fact : Golddust owns the rights to his likeness and name and can use them whenever.

But if WWE really wanted some of the TNA cast in the game they could have gotten them. WWE and TNA have worked together in letting superstars into each others stuff before most recently being Flair inducted into the WWE HOF with the 4 Horsemen.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:20 PM

If they're going with these nostalgic themes to the games it would really be great if they did a 'Monday Night Wars' theme for the next one. Maybe include Hall, Nash, Goldberg, etc.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 11-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
If they're going with these nostalgic themes to the games it would really be great if they did a 'Monday Night Wars' theme for the next one. Maybe include Hall, Nash, Goldberg, etc.
They wouldn't include Hall since he has so many drug problems, Nash I could see and Goldberg I could see since other than random shows Goldberg does nothing. But since the attitude era in the game talks A SMALL part about the Monday Night Wars I don't see them diving into it any more really.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
The problem is in that game the Attitude era mode cuts off at WM15, and don't think they were even in the company then.

Um.....

Yes and no. Hogan wrestled in the WWF for a short while as a heel in the late 1970's. He disappeared for a while and came back and won the title as a face. But yeah, he disappeared for a few years I think and won the title within a month or two of returning.
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 11-12-2012 at 10:13 AM.