WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
Aspid - Extravasation

Definitely heard this one

Quote:
Wormphlegm - Tomb of the Ancient King

Here's one for you funeral doom lovers out there. Wormphlegm play, slow, dark, agonizing funeral death/doom with a black metal style production. Each lead rings like a cavernous scream. Each riff pulverizes you with its crushing tone. Every growl and scream sounds as if the singer was actually being tortured while they recorded this. Everything drones and lingers, making sure it hits you, and hits you hard. This album is truly the essence of pain, and by pain, i'm not talking about mental anguish that is expressed in a more sorrowful manner like with, say, Esoteric. By pain, I mean being kidnapped by a psychopath, locked in a dark basement, and beaten with a hammer while having your eyeballs slowly ripped out of their sockets kind of pain. This album was pulled out of the darkest, deepest abyss you could possibly think of, and the beast that was lurking within this album is unleashed as soon as you press play.

If you like bands such as Esoteric, Loss, Evoken, and Thergothon, you will enjoy this, but I don't even know if those bands will prepare you for what awaits you with this album.

Tomb of the Ancient King
Return of the Ice Age and the Tortyrant
Epejumalat Monet Tesse Muinen Palveltin Caucan ja Lesse
Now this I've heard of but like a lot of funeral doom, I've been meaning to check out for the longest time. Thanks for the reminder!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:16 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Quote:
Amputated Genitals - Human Meat Gluttony

Brutal Death Metal doesn't get much more intense than this. Hailing from Columbia, Amputated Genitals offer nothing more than skull crushing brutal death metal in the vein of bands like Disgorge, Cerebral Bore, and Gorgasm. This band may not be the most original, but they make up for it with the sheer intensity and songwriting. There are plenty of meaty, crunchy riffs scattered about this album, with a pinch of technicality for good measure. There's also a few slams scattered throughout the record, but they aren't as frequent as say, Devourment. The vocals are extremely brutal, consisting of grunts and inhales. This is all backed up by some of the most insane percussive battery you'll ever hear.

If you want your thirst for brutal death metal quenched, Amputated Genitals will be right up your alley.

Vaginal Skin Grind Vomit
Charred Neighborhood
Chessman Red Monday

I agree with this YT user comment

Sounds like someone finishing a milkshake with a straw

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 11-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Deathevokation - Chalice of Ages

Dismember lives again! Seriously, this is an awesome album full of Finnish and Swedish style death metal. Everything you love about this style of death metal is here: the buzzing, chainsaw-like guitar riffs, the crushing doom sections, the dark melodies and solos, it's all here. I realize that the OSDM revival is nothing new nowadays, but I think these guys are one of the best at this style, taking what made bands like Dismember, Grave, Demigod, and Sentenced so great in their prime, and making a morbid, diabolic cocktail of death metal goodness that the whole family can enjoy. This album does an excellent job of painting a picture of death and pestilence, through the thick, groovy, meaty riffs, echoing, melodic leads and solos, sparse but appropriately place blastbeats, and is all commanded by sickening growls.

All OSDM aficionados have a lot to look forward to on this album. Give this one a shot if you want to hear pure, unadulterated death metal.

Rites of Desecration
The Chalice of Ages
As My Soul Gazes Skyward
Old 11-10-2012, 12:41 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

OLD - The Musical Dimension of Sleastak (Earache, 1993)

I don't really know how to describe this album. What the fuck is Sleastak anyway, who knows. It's an early 1990's Earache release, which was a good period for that label. But instead of death metal or grindcore this is more industrial grindcore, very heavy on the industrial. Almost beyond industrial, robotic. With long drawn out passages that just drive you insane. The vocals were really good, which was unfortunate because as I said it's mostly instrumental. There were some really wicked keyboards too, especially in Creyap'nilla (which I can't find a youTube link for, but trust me). The quality of the recording is rather poor but that's typical of the era. And the artwork perfectly describes the music. It features James Plotkin and Alain Dubin who went on to form Khante (sp?).

Two of Me (Parts 1 & 2)
Backwards through the Greedo Compressor
There are better songs but these are the only two I could find on youTube.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation

Last edited by adamclark52; 11-11-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
OLD - The Musical Dimension of Sleastak

I don't really know how to describe this album. What the fuck is Sleastak anyway, who knows. It's an early 1990's Earache release, which was a good period for that label. But instead of death metal or grindcore this is more industrial grindcore, very heavy on the industrial. Almost beyond industrial, robotic. With long drawn out passages that just drive you insane. The vocals were really good, which was unfortunate because as I said it's mostly instrumental. There were some really wicked keyboards too, especially in Creyap'nilla (which I can't find a youTube link for, but trust me). The quality of the recording is rather poor but that's typical of the era. It features James Plotkin and Alain Dubin who went on to form Khante (sp?)

Two of Me (Parts 1 & 2)
Backwards through the Greedo Compressor
Haven't listened to O.L.D. in a while, good stuff!
Old 11-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

Deathevokation is fucking great!!
7/30 - Counterparts/Hundredth

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 11-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Fuck you.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:22 PM

Dominion - Born God and Aware

While you are waiting ever so patiently for that new Necrophagist album to come out, here's something to hold you over (for a little while at least). Nowadays, when people look at Unique Leader Records, they seem to think of technical deathcore bands like Fallujah or Rings of Saturn. Dominion, however, play technical death metal in the Necrophagist vein, complete with the neoclassical guitar soloing and hyperspeed tempos, though one difference between Necrophagist and Dominion is that Dominion put a little more focus on brutality, and Dominion's solos are a bit more condensed, as opposed to the more grandiose solos that Necrophagist have. Fear not, for there's still PLENTY of shredding, fingerlicking soloing to be found here. There's also boatloads of catchy, technical, headbanging worthy riffs to be found (check out "The Endless" to see what I mean.)

This album pretty much captures the best parts of tech-death and rolls them into a neat little package. Highly recommended for fans of Necrophagist, Spawn of Possession, Hour of Penance, and label mates Deeds of Flesh.

The Endless
Demonstration of Domination
Elite

Last edited by AnataFan4Life; 11-10-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:38 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Haven't listened to O.L.D. in a while, good stuff!
I finally heard their first album after looking for it for 10+ years and I was really disappointed. I think I was expecting something a little less juvenile, which is stupid when you read up on the album. But the pitch-shifted vocals really killed it for me.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation

Last edited by adamclark52; 11-10-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:03 PM

Gru - Cosmogenesis

Obscura aren't the only band who released an awesome album named Cosmogenesis. I came across these guys while looking for bands that sounded similar to Animals as Leaders, and I ended up discovering these guys. As I mentioned, Poland's Gru play instrumental progressive metal/djent in the vein of Animals as Leaders, Chimp Spanner, and Misha Mansoor's Bulb. It's quite atmospheric in areas, giving off a sort of spacey vibe. Of course, the album is also chock full of those djenty riffs that you love (or hate) and plenty of emotive, jazzy guitar solos that could have come straight from Misha Mansoor, Paul Oritz, Chris Letchford (not djent, but the solos resemble some of the ones from Scale the Summit), or Tosin Abasi (check out the solo in "Nebula", for example).

This will appeal to any of you who are into the whole "djent" movement going on now, or are fans of progressive/technical music in general.

Stellar
Aurora
Nebula

Last edited by AnataFan4Life; 11-10-2012 at 05:07 PM.