Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Neurosis -- Tucson, AZ -- October 18th, 2014
The Empty Hearts -- Cranston, RI -- October 19th, 2014
King Diamond -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 18th, 2014
Satan -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 17th, 2014
Deicide -- Kansas City, MO -- October 17th, 2014

Old 11-09-2012, 11:02 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Helmet -- Fayetteville, AR -- November 8th, 2012

What better thing to do than do a show review in the middle of a garage sale? I was highly considering seeing the Helmet/Toadies tour when it hit KC in the summer. I could not have been happier to find out they were doing a fall leg and added a date in Fayetteville. This whole "responsibility" thing blows, otherwise I'd be in Tulsa tonight seeing them again. Oh well...

Didn't care for the fact the show started at 8 instead of the usual 7 at George's Majestic Lounge. Ume played from 8-8:45. Helmet 9-10:15 (they came out 5 mins late but I think they still made up the time at the end) & Toadies went from 10:45-midnight. Decided to skip Ume for eating @ Chipotle. I can't think of a better place to eat before a show. Love that place!!! From checking Ume out on YouTube I don't feel like I missed much.

As a few on here might know I love Helmet. Easily my favorite band of all time. I'll try to carry on at a minimum about my love for them. They do one of the best jobs of any band at switching up their set nightly. Didn't care how they opened up last night. Previously I'd seen they opened up w/ Sinatra & I Know. I was hoping they'd come out w/ a great opener. Unfortunately they opened up w/ She's Lost from their Seeing Eye Dog album. Not great way to open. And to top it off there were no vocals for the first verse. Luckily the crowd would also warm up after the first few songs. Page was in quite a good mood. He told us their drummer played a show in Spain with Hummus in his pocket and got $20 for doing it. Talked about how it is fun writing songs about ex-wives/girlfriends who have broken up with you. And the discussion he had with head of Interscope Records because they didn't like them releasing "See You Dead" because of it being violent. And he then asked isn't this the same label Eminem is on? Funny story. And then talked about how happy he was about the marijuana laws passing in Colorado & Washington. As usual, Helmet was just absolutely crushing & heavy as usual. Sadly, I still have a list of Helmet songs I haven't seen live (Pure, Like I Care, Seeing Eye Dog, Street Crab, Blacktop, Renovation). I found out in their 23 years of being a band they've never been to Fayetteville so probably not surprising not to get a ton of deep cuts. On the positive side, I got to still hear 4 or 5 songs I'd never heard live. I haven't seen a lot of bands that I can see (5th time seeing Helmet) so many times and still hear so many songs I haven't seen live before. Bummed I didn't get a setlist, but did get a pic from Page. I know I'm missing 1 or 2 songs that I'm trying to remember & middle order is a little off but these songs were played for sure:

She's Lost
So Long
Exactly What You Wanted
Welcome To Algiers
Wilma's Rainbow
On Your Way Down
Rollo
Ironhead
Better
Vaccination
He Feels Bad
Smart
See You Dead
Milquetoast
-------------------
Unsung
In The Meantime

Merch was pretty lame. No idea why they can't get a shirt w/ tour dates on them. I did get a tour poster for $20. Looks exactly like this only it says Fall Tour w/ the fall dates on it. Will be frameworthy.

I watched maybe 5 songs from The Toadies. They were ok. Couple of songs were alright. The only song I even knew from them was Possum Kingdom (big shock right?) & with them not gettin done til midnight I didn't feel like waiting. No idea how Helmet didn't headline but getting to leave early after Helmet was pretty great w/ me. As usual, Helmet slayed. Uploaded my pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=f5be894bf3

Here's a sample:

Last edited by 300%_Density; 11-09-2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Pictures
Old 11-09-2012, 11:22 AM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

That's sweet you got Rollo. That's the only song from that set I've never seen. I'm hellbent on seeing every Betty song live once in my life (and that includes Beautiful Love and Sam Hell...one can always hope, right?)
Old 11-09-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovar View Post
That's sweet you got Rollo. That's the only song from that set I've never seen. I'm hellbent on seeing every Betty song live once in my life (and that includes Beautiful Love and Sam Hell...one can always hope, right?)
Yea. Not sure if I've ever seen those played since the original band broke up. I was surprised at getting Vaccanation. Little bothered by lack of Aftertaste not played. But they are so unpredictable w/ their sets you just never know. But an admirable Betty goal!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:45 PM

Added picture and link for album.

Tags
helmet