Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, ON -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-08-2012, 10:57 PM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

Cattle Decapitation -- Lowell, MA -- November 8th, 2012

When the news broke that Travis Ryan and Chris Barnes got in an argument and Cattle Decapitation was dropping off the tour, I got caught up in the drama of it, which I usually never do. I was wondering though what CD was going to do next, since they still had a good amount of dates left on that tour. I skipped the SFU date (which was the one where it all went down) because I just could not stand to see Chris Barnes again, and figured Cattle Decapitation would be back around sometime. Then, I saw these thrown together headlining shows, and was pumped that the first one was only 15 minutes from where I live. However, I had other plans, and did not think I would make it. But, everything worked out and I made it just in time. I am so glad I did, because this was one hell of an experience.

I get to the venue, a small bar in Downtown Lowell that I had heard of and driven by, but had never been to. The show was upstairs at the bar, and when I got up there it really felt like an attic (hence the Worthen Attic name). It was a small, oddly-shaped room with no stage, very low ceilings, and a capacity of maybe 80 people. The fist band to play was a local band called Parasitic Extirpation. I had heard of them and listened to them before, but had never seen them live. The band features the singer of Abnormality, Mallika, Blue, a guitarist in Dysentery and bassist of Sexcrement (who put the show on), and a couple members of Boarcorpse (so basically just all members of other local bands). They play brutal/slam death metal, and while it isn't anything too original, it was fun as hell to hear live. I'm not a huge fan in general of this style of death metal, but it does come across pretty well live. Mallika is also a sick vocalist. They played for about 30 minutes.

Up next was Hivesmasher, one of my favorite local acts right now. They are a grindcore band, and actually do a pretty good job with the style. I've been listening to their new album Gutter Choir recently, so it was great to finally see them live. The band put a lot of energy into the performance, and the crowd seemed to enjoy them. They also played for about 30 minutes. I hope to see these guys continue to have more success in the future, and I will be seeing them again early next year

Cattle Decapitation played last (obviously), and they were definitely the main event. I'm not sure where people were hiding, or if everyone knew when to show up, but the room filled up almost completely by the time CD took the stage. The almost filled room was probably like 50-70 people at the most, so it really was one of the smallest shows I have been to and a super intimate setting. They took awhile to set up, but it was all worth it. They sounded so intense live, and the tiny room just made it all that much more special. The crowd was definitely into them, and although there wasn't enough space or people to really get a pit going, there was movement the entire set ( there was also a second story window right where the crowd was, so nobody could smash into that haha). Travis Ryan has one of the most inhuman voices I have ever heard, and he can pull it off perfectly live; he and the whole band sounded super brutal. They played for about an hour, which was plenty of time. I'm sorry to say that I don't have a setlist, since I never do . They also had a ton of merch for sale, and it all looked pretty cool. In the end, it definitely worked out for me that they dropped off the Six Feet Under tour . Hopefully all of these shows do well!

Go see one of these shows if you can, you will not regret it!
1/2 Forn
1/11 Mayhem/Revenge
2/7 Napalm Death
Old 11-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Altars of Radness

Cattle Decapitation in a tiny room with no stage? Man, I wish I could see that. Thanks for posting a review.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:05 AM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Cattle Decapitation in a tiny room with no stage? Man, I wish I could see that. Thanks for posting a review.
This.
1/23-Harm's Way/Disgrace
Old 11-09-2012, 02:21 AM
slave to the grind

I wish these shows weren't on the other side of the country from me. I've seen Cattle Decapitation in every kind of venue imaginable, and they always bring it live. I'm glad to see them getting these shows together and turning a shitty situation into something awesome for them and their fans. In all my years being involved in the scene, I'd be hard pressed to come up with a band that works and tours harder than CD. Great band, great people, and they didn't deserve to be treated that way by a has-been like Chris Barnes.
11/19-Intronaut
12/4-Pallbearer
12/5-Despise You
Old 11-09-2012, 03:10 AM
" Amps on Ten, Ears are Bleeding "

CD is playing in a bar in Burlington with two really good local bands and Holy Grail on Tuesday. A last minute gig, but it should be fun!!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:39 AM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

Awesome!!

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 11-09-2012, 06:53 AM
Altars of Radness

Courtesy of setlist.fm.
  1. The Carbon Stampede
  2. A Living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
  3. Tooth Enamel & Concrete
  4. Your Disposal
  5. Do Not Resuscitate
  6. Testicular Manslaughter
  7. Lifestalker
  8. Forced Gender Reassignment
  9. Intro to Carnage
  10. Diarrhea of the Mouth
  11. Colon-Blo
  12. Gristle Licker
  13. Kingdom of Tyrants
  14. The Decapitation of Cattle
  15. The Recapitation of Cattle
  16. The Gardeners of Eden
  17. Projectile Ovulation
Old 11-09-2012, 07:04 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

They might as well just throw "Dead Set On Suicide" and "The Monolith" on there and play the whole album.

Great set though
Old 11-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

Nothing from Humanure or Karma.Bloody.Karma? Yeah, I think I'm skipping this.

Tags
cattle decapitation