Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-04-2012, 08:05 AM
N00B

Six Feet Under -- Frederick, MD -- November 3rd, 2012

Full Review

Wretched was on when we got there. They sounded OK. Energy level was good, but I wasn't really into them.

There were a lot of people there- it was pretty crowded.

Cattle Decapitation was on next- and my fears came true. The dull roar punctuated by yelps every so often exemplified what I considered Cattle Decapitation to sound like- Noise. That is not to say there were not some parts I liked, but those were few and far between. I was only cursorily familiar with them, and only recognized a couple songs/heard the vocalist say what they were. The crowd was pretty into them, from the pits we saw and avoided and I saw more than a few Cattle Decapitation shirts. The thing that stuck most in my mind was that before their set, the vocalist had several issues with the microphone sounds an kept on shouting at the sound guy in what sounded like a condescending voice. THEN, throughout the set, during a few songs, he STILL complained, asking that the sound be a little higher, or a little lower (depending). I found this supremely hilarious because I could not pick out one word of his vocals during the actual songs. Different Strokes, I guess. I thought they were pretty horrible. I liked the heaviness, but disliked pretty much everything else.

Six Feet Under came on a bit before midnight, to a thinner crowd (not sure if locals went home, or if more people wanted to see Cattle Decapitation). I thought their first song was better than Cattle Decapitation's whole set. They had what C.D. did not have- songs, structure, an (somewhat) melody. I only was familiar with a few Six Feet Under songs, but I knew it would be a nice and heavy show. I was not disappointed. Headbanging was my choice for most of the songs- and they were nice headbanging riffs to do it to. The pits were less intense than CD, but I think people were getting tired.
We were in the back and every time I tried to take a picture, someone would move in the way and block. So I really got a bunch of unusable photos. Regardless, the slower, heavier, and more distinct song structure for Six Feet Under had me loving it. I would def see these guys again. Chris Barnes' dreadlocks were ridiculous and must have been almost hitting the floor. Whatever they were doing, they kept the crowd pretty enthralled.

TLDR; Cattle Decapitation= not my cup of tea, Six Feet Under ruled, and Wretched was...there too.

(partial Setlists)

Wretched (last 2 songs)
  • My Carrion
  • (Unknown)

Cattle Decapitation (10:48 -11:19)
  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown)
  • Forced Gender Reassignment
  • (Unknown) (had a tape playing machine guns at the beginning)
  • (Unknown)
  • Kingdom of Tyrants

Six Feet Under (11:44 - 12:39)
  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown) (sounded like Motorhead- Iron Fist)
  • (Unknown)
  • Feasting on the Blood of the Insane
  • Victim of the Paranoid
  • (Unknown)
  • The Day the Dead Walked
  • (Unknown)
  • Deathklaat
  • Reckless
  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown)
  • (Unknown) (probably Hammer Smashed...)
Old 11-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Bitch, shut up and blast beat my meat like a Pete Sandoval with titties.

The sound sucks at Cafe 611. The vocalist from one of the locals lives right down the road, and the rest of the band live all over town here. They were pushing this show hard so I'm not surprised there were more people than the Misery Index show back in August. Would have liked to have went but lack of money got in the way. Hopefully the place is packed in December when Job For A Cowboy and Cephalic Carnage roll through.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Likes SFU but hates Cattle Decapitation. GTFO!

I'd like to see CD and go without ever seeing Chris Barnes make animal noises ever again.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:16 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by street_burial View Post
Hopefully the place is packed in December when Job For A Cowboy and Cephalic Carnage roll through.
I'm lookin to be there- and am curious as to the turnout
Old 11-04-2012, 09:56 PM
N00B

Surprised me too that you didn't like Cattle Decap but you loved SFU. However I'm more surprised there hasnt been more bashing from this site about that or about the lack of song names in the set list! However I do appreciate an honest review, great you had a good time! One of the reasons I love Cattle Decapitation is because of how much is going on in each song. Often times you hear new things throughout each listen.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:27 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenReaper View Post
Surprised me too that you didn't like Cattle Decap but you loved SFU. However I'm more surprised there hasnt been more bashing from this site about that or about the lack of song names in the set list! However I do appreciate an honest review, great you had a good time! One of the reasons I love Cattle Decapitation is because of how much is going on in each song. Often times you hear new things throughout each listen.
They have completely different sounds- Cattle Decapitation, IMO, was just noise. Six Feet Under had actual song structures that I was able to detect and headbang to.

I do feel bad about not knowing a lot of songs, but I did the best I could

I was glad I got to see CD live because it's good to be exposed to different styles- not someone I would have gone to see headline, but more of a mind broadening experience

Tags
cattle decapitation, six feeet under, wretched