Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Blind Guardian -- Worcester, MA -- September 16th, 2016
It Lies Within -- Toledo, OH -- December 2nd, 2016
Dark Tranquillity -- Mesa, AZ -- December 3rd, 2016
Spoken -- Westland, MI -- November 30th, 2016
Absu -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 14th, 2016

  #291  
Old 10-29-2012, 01:02 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
Elitist Picky Fuck
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 8,935
Well, at least they kept the title on Punk. I'm not really feeling the idea of putting the title on the Rock before Wrestlemania, or seeing the point in doing so.
  #292  
Old 10-29-2012, 02:10 AM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 4,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Well, at least they kept the title on Punk. I'm not really feeling the idea of putting the title on the Rock before Wrestlemania, or seeing the point in doing so.
Yeah well the WWE hasn't really had many great ideas lately.
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
  #293  
Old 10-29-2012, 07:15 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 5,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Spoiler from tonight's PPV: It was horrible!
The PPVs aren't worth the money anymore. I watch them with the help of my friend called the internet

Big Show winning the world title was an interesting thing to go with. I can see it being a good choice if they have him plow through every challenger, then have Ryback win the Rumble and then beat Show at Mania. Technically Ryback is still legitimately undefeated. If they build both him and Show up as unstoppable monsters until Mania, they could have a match with some good hype that people might actually be interested in seeing who wins. Plus, it would be damn impressive to see Ryback hit Show with his finisher.
  #294  
Old 10-29-2012, 04:47 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
The metal purist the scenekids complain about
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 20,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Spoiler from tonight's PPV: It was horrible!
Double spoiler twist: Maffew says you're wrong.

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg

From someone retweeted: John Cena didn't appear, Sheamus lost cleanly, we had a new guy and Punk in the main event, yet still they moan.

Honestly, sounds like a good PPV to me.
__________________
George W. Bush is the son of a swine. I hope that one day his body is identified by the teeth marks on my penis.
  #295  
Old 10-30-2012, 03:46 AM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 4,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Double spoiler twist: Maffew says you're wrong.

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg

From someone retweeted: John Cena didn't appear, Sheamus lost cleanly, we had a new guy and Punk in the main event, yet still they moan.

Honestly, sounds like a good PPV to me.
I can care less whether John Cena appears or not. I don't care what anyone says, a straight punch to the face will never be a true "clean" finish. The new guy sucks and the hell and a cell match was boring. Pretty much the whole thing was a snooze fest.
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
  #296  
Old 10-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 5,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
I don't care what anyone says, a straight punch to the face will never be a true "clean" finish.
The refs haven't enforced the open fist rule in wrestling in years. A guy the size and strength of The Big Show knocking you out with a fist to the face is one of the most believable finishers ever.

By that logic I guess the sleeper hold isn't a legit finisher since it's a chockehold. I guess someone will have to go tell Roddy Piper that all those victories he had back in the day don't count because he didn't end them with a "clean" finisher, huh?
  #297  
Old 10-30-2012, 11:05 AM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 4,117
At least the sleeper hold is an actual wrestling hold. Still not a great finisher though.
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
  #298  
Old 11-02-2012, 07:02 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
Elitist Picky Fuck
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 8,935
Let's get a new discussion going, favorite finishers
Power: Widows Peak
Submission: Cross-Face Crippler (why, right here, right fucking here)
Flying: Shooting Star Press

Last edited by adamclark52; 11-02-2012 at 07:59 PM.
  #299  
Old 11-02-2012, 07:05 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 9,058
Power : Either DDP's DDP or Diesel's Jackknife
Submission : Ric Flair's Finisher
Flying : Five Star Frog splash (RVD)
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
  #300  
Old 11-02-2012, 07:18 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
Elitist Picky Fuck
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 8,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Power : Either DDP's DDP or Diesel's Jackknife
Submission : Ric Flair's Finisher
Flying : Five Star Frog splash (RVD)
Diesels Jackknife was on the tip of my tongue. As was the F5.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:26 PM.
2004-2016 www.metalsetlists.com all rights reserved



Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008