Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 10-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Jeez, if the turtles and I only got shirts with tour dates on the back, we'd be screwed. So many awesome local bands playing one off shows here and there.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Having tour dates on the back is never a deciding factor for me. If it's a design I like, I'll buy it.
It is for me because if it doesn't have dates on the back then it isn't exclusive to that tour, and I'll therefore be able to buy it another time at a lower price. Tour shirts are EXPENSIVE for what is basically an ordinary Fruit of The Loom or Gildan t-shirt with some custom print on it, so it's got be exclusive otherwise it just isn't worth the price.

Nevertheless, I also won't buy a shirt JUST because it's the tour shirt. I bought an Overkill shirt on this tour at the fifth time of asking, because it's the first time I've actually liked one of their tour shirts.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 10-28-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Jeez, if the turtles and I only got shirts with tour dates on the back, we'd be screwed. So many awesome local bands playing one off shows here and there.
Local bands are different. They don't charge stupid prices for shirts, and the shows are often the only way to get them.

I do buy band shirts without dates on, but not at shows because they're overpriced there.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 10-28-2012, 06:20 PM
beware of the quiet one

I used to only buy the t-shirts with dates on them, but now I just buy the one with the design I like best.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:30 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
It is for me because if it doesn't have dates on the back then it isn't exclusive to that tour, and I'll therefore be able to buy it another time at a lower price. Tour shirts are EXPENSIVE for what is basically an ordinary Fruit of The Loom or Gildan t-shirt with some custom print on it, so it's got be exclusive otherwise it just isn't worth the price.

Nevertheless, I also won't buy a shirt JUST because it's the tour shirt. I bought an Overkill shirt on this tour at the fifth time of asking, because it's the first time I've actually liked one of their tour shirts.
You actually get Gildan or Fruit of the Loom? Lucky fucker, 90% of the time we get Anvil in the states. They shrink a ton, the designs crack after a couple washes and the shirts are super thin. I miss the Hanes Heavyweight shirts from a while back, those things were great.

On topic though, I used to be obsessed with tour shirts but now I just go for the coolest design. I'll only pay more than like 20-25 for a shirt if a show was absolutely amazing and I really want a keepsake.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 10-29-2012, 04:18 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
I used to care about this as well, but don't anymore. It all depends on the design on the shirt, and whether or not it's one of those lame tight-fitting, cotton-friendly organic hipster shirts or not.
This too, I hate those thin-as-hell shirts. I always feel ripped off when I pay $35 for something I can practically see right through.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 10-29-2012, 04:33 AM

So, what you're all saying is, you're fine about getting ripped off for non-tour shirt-specific designs? OK.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 10-29-2012, 05:12 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

I've recently been buying t shirts at shows that aren't the tour specific one because I have too many black t shirts, and I still want a souvenir from the show. If I like none of the designs I won't bother, but if I like any of them, I'll usually just go for the one I like the most. Price doesn't matter too much to me, usually in the 20-30e range, I like the fact I'm getting a souvenir of the show, and giving the band the biggest cut of the money possible by getting merchandise.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:14 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
So, what you're all saying is, you're fine about getting ripped off for non-tour shirt-specific designs? OK.
Most t-shirts at shows are between $15-$25 dollars which isn't really a rip off considering if you can get the shirts online, it's usually for about the same price, if not more (Especially European bands). The only real examples of rip offs are the big arena/amphitheater that charge anywhere between $30-$50. I personally will hardly ever buy a shirt for over $20.
10/18 Satan
10/21 King Diamond
10/22 Tombs ?
10/23 Pentagram ?
Old 10-29-2012, 06:42 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

I like tour shirts more because it shows that I saw them on a specific tour, but designs are a bigger factor to. I've only bought 2 tour shirts this year (Lamb of God and Nile) out of the 10-12 shirts I've bought this year because I have liked other designs the bands had better.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/