Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, ON -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014

  #261  
Old 10-25-2012, 01:52 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,758
I really don't want Punk to lose the belt any time soon. I want to see Rock and Punk at Royal Rumble!
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 10-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
I really don't want Punk to lose the belt any time soon. I want to see Rock and Punk at Royal Rumble!
Punk might actually win on sunday. The hot rumor going around is that Lesnar will come down and cost Ryback the match. Probably something like giving him an F5 and then throwing Punk on top for the pin. It still makes Punk look like the weak heel the WWE wants him to be and it doesn't damage Ryback too badly since he was screwed by a force stronger than him in Lesnar.

WWE needs to do something because this weeks RAW had the lowest TV rating since 1997. I know that there was football, baseball playoffs and the presidential debate but RAW only getting a 2.5 cable rating with only 3.5 million viewers is very alarming. They might just go through with Ryback winning to see if that gets fans interested again because right now they're just not.

Rock and Punk will be a good feud mainly because Punk will school the Rock on the mic and show everyone how stale the Rock's act really is. But there's no way someone who's not even a part time wrestler right now should win the WWE championship. I don't care who you are, putting the belt on the Rock is like putting the belt on Lesnar, HHH or Taker right now. If they're not full time they shouldn't be getting the major title but unfortunately that's probably what will happen at the Rumble. Then I will quit watching wrestling until after Mania so I don't have to sit through another Rock title run.

We're lucky this isn't the attitude era anymore, I would really be going off on how much I can't stand the Rock
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 10-25-2012, 04:36 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,758
Rumor has it, WWE wants Rock vs Lesnar at Wrestlemania. I could see it happening. Two biggest contracts headlining Mania for the title seems like the best route for them at this point. We will have to wait and see in 4 months...
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 10-25-2012, 04:37 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,307
Oh, may I add more Ryback shit?

He sucks in the ring still. He is so sloppy. He looks stiff when delivering, but when he is receiving he is beyond terrible and cannot sell worth a shit (omg that sounded so wrong)
__________________
Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 10-25-2012, 04:39 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,903
Because you know, making Punk look like a strong heel is completely out of the question. Has it never occurred to them that the reason they have low ratings is because they're booking Punk to look weak?

and honestly, I never liked The Rock that much either. He is one of the great talkers, but the only reason he got over is because his gimmick was a bully and a lot of the kids that grew up in the 80's and 90's were bullying teenagers themselves and he gave them material.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Oh, may I add more Ryback shit?

He sucks in the ring still. He is so sloppy. He looks stiff when delivering, but when he is receiving he is beyond terrible and cannot sell worth a shit (omg that sounded so wrong)
It was the same with The Ultimate Warrior and Goldberg when they were the faces of their companies. Both were shit in the ring but they had that character mystique to them that got the fans behind them and Ryback has the same thing going for him right now. If it brings something fresh to the main event scene and most importantly, makes money then they should go with it. Andre The Giant was garbage in the ring to yet he's one of the most respected legends of all time. It's not all about wrestling skill, it's also about having a character and a look that fans will buy into and pay money to see.

One more thing about the bad RAW rating's, before Punk's heel turn the show was getting around a 3.0 rating with around 4.5 to 5 million veiwers every week. The rating's started regularly dropping below that since Punk went full on heel. Besides Orton, Punk was the only other guy on the roster all the fans could agree on cheering for. The heel turn has turned fans away and is hurting their veiwership right now.
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:25 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Andre The Giant was garbage in the ring to yet he's one of the most respected legends of all time. It's not all about wrestling skill, it's also about having a character and a look that fans will buy into and pay money to see.
Wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp0Wo7hLTIE
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:43 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
It was the same with The Ultimate Warrior and Goldberg when they were the faces of their companies. Both were shit in the ring but they had that character mystique to them that got the fans behind them and Ryback has the same thing going for him right now. If it brings something fresh to the main event scene and most importantly, makes money then they should go with it. Andre The Giant was garbage in the ring to yet he's one of the most respected legends of all time. It's not all about wrestling skill, it's also about having a character and a look that fans will buy into and pay money to see.

One more thing about the bad RAW rating's, before Punk's heel turn the show was getting around a 3.0 rating with around 4.5 to 5 million veiwers every week. The rating's started regularly dropping below that since Punk went full on heel. Besides Orton, Punk was the only other guy on the roster all the fans could agree on cheering for. The heel turn has turned fans away and is hurting their veiwership right now.
Ultimate Warrior and Goldberg are leagues ahead. Goldberg was really the first of his kind of Ultimate Warrior was just different than everyone. Ryback is just another cheap knockoff trying to be Goldberg and he does nothing for me.

Let's just bring back Goldberg.

Also Wrestlemania PPV should be Rock Vs Punk.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 10-25-2012, 10:22 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
with his arms outstretched
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 5,293
It's too bad Undertaker is so beat up because I would pay to see him verses Lesnar at Wrestlemania. That would be a legit, decent feud rather than throwing two guys in the ring. I guess Rock and Lesnar do have a past but it was just one match that was nothing too special.
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 10-25-2012, 11:28 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
It's too bad Undertaker is so beat up because I would pay to see him verses Lesnar at Wrestlemania. That would be a legit, decent feud rather than throwing two guys in the ring. I guess Rock and Lesnar do have a past but it was just one match that was nothing too special.
I think Undertaker is done and a Undertaker vs Lesner match would suck. Lesner would end up hurting Undertaker too badly. Just let the Undertaker be done and let the streak live on.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:22 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008