Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014

Old 09-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Lawler didn't even come up with that. Shocking I know, that the boring and bland commentator who's never had anything useful to say got his signature quote from somebody else.

The Road Dogg was the one who came up "puppies". I can't remember if it was Sable or Debra but Road Dogg was cutting a promo in the ring while one of the divas was in the ring with him and he told her something like "to take off that top so we can see your puppies". Then King decided to steal it because he's not original enough to come up with his own signature line. Well, that's enough trashing of the greatest minor league wrestler of all time.

Wow, I never knew that.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:15 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I think Paul Heyman was a worse commentator than Lawler. Heyman may have a great mind for the wrestling business and know how to write great angles but pretty much every promo he does (with the exception of One Night Stand 2005) is exactly the same.

example: "Brock Lesnar is a this, Brock Lesnar is a that, Brock...Lesnar...Will...Whatever".

Change "Brock Lesnar" with someone else's name and there's a Heyman promo.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 09-23-2012, 04:59 PM

It's sad that Beth Phoenix is probably leaving. She's the last of the womens wrestlers who could make me care about anything she was involved in. I guess that Natalya girl is pretty good but I've never watched Superstars or NXT so I've never seen her do anything except that one "fart" gimmick last year.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 09-29-2012, 05:35 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
It's sad that Beth Phoenix is probably leaving. She's the last of the womens wrestlers who could make me care about anything she was involved in. I guess that Natalya girl is pretty good but I've never watched Superstars or NXT so I've never seen her do anything except that one "fart" gimmick last year.
Natalya was doing OK in the WWE before she became a superstars/NXT only diva. She was diva's champ a couple years ago. So she has done something before, even if people don't remember it. I don't blame Beth for leaving at all, since she lost the divas title earlier this year they haven't done shit with her. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for a lot of these performers who bust their ass for so long to finally make it the WWE and when they do, the "creative" team can't come up with anything for them consistanly. It must be hearbreaking for them to show up to the shows regularly only to find out they won't get used again that night. Especially, for somebody like Zakk Ryder who busted his ass to get noticed on his own without the help of the WWE machine, only for the WWE brass to resent him for it and job him out all the time instead of captilizing on it more.

Kelly Kelly also asked for her release and was granted it yesterday. She was nice to look at but overall she isn't a big loss. I guess Kaitlyn will now fill the role of the "blonde diva who sucks in the ring but will get put on TV because she's hot."

I know WWE divas division hasn't been good for awhile but i'm really tired of people not giving Eve and Layla some respect for their work. They're both pretty solid in the ring and if they want to make the division better those two are good enough performers to build it around them.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Kelly Kelly also asked for her release and was granted it yesterday. She was nice to look at but overall she isn't a big loss. I guess Kaitlyn will now fill the role of the "blonde diva who sucks in the ring but will get put on TV because she's hot."
That makes me happy. The happiest I've been about a release since Ashley Massaro.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 10-09-2012, 12:48 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

I was pleasantly surprised with how enjoyable the 1.5-2 hours that I caught of RAW was. Tyson Kidd vs Antonio Caesaro was amazing! Anyone catch what went down between CM Punk and Vince?

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 10-09-2012, 12:56 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I was pleasantly surprised with how enjoyable the 1.5-2 hours that I caught of RAW was. Tyson Kidd vs Antonio Caesaro was amazing! Anyone catch what went down between CM Punk and Vince?
They beat the hell out of each other. CM Punk got into a fight with a fan, it was cool.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:06 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
They beat the hell out of each other. CM Punk got into a fight with a fan, it was cool.
SHIT! I need to look that up tonight

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 10-09-2012, 01:41 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
SHIT! I need to look that up tonight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgtMDOnW6qg
Old 10-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Fans should never shove a wrestler like that. Punk was just defending himself, the fan could've had a weapon or something. I've been to plenty of wrestling shows, their security isn't exactly top notch. It turns out though that Punk hit the wrong guy. There were other people shoving him and he just blindly swung behind him and nailed the wrong person. According to Punk, some of the fans were saying "let's push him down the stairs". So if he didn't take a swing at somebody, something worse could've happened.

Is anyone gonna check out the new Punk DVD that came out yesterday? I'm probably gonna watch it today or tomorrow. It's kind of dumb for the WWE to turn him heel before the planned DVD was to be released though. Keeping him a fan favorite would've helped it sell more.