It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-05-2012, 10:18 AM
N00B

Morbid Angel -- Joliet, IL -- October 4th, 2012

Mojoes
Joliet, IL

I unfortunately do not have sets for Grave nor Dark Funeral but must say they both simply kicked lots of ass! If anyone has the sets both bands played last night feel free to add on here. First time seeing all 3 bands as well.

Morbid Angel sounded very tight. Trey was on fire with his leads! Songs from the "I" album were at only 2. I do not know how much longer it'll be till they tour the States again but hopefully less than 6 years!

Immortal Rites
Fall From Grace
Rapture
Maze Of Torment
Sworn To The Black
Existo Vulgore
Nevermore
Angel Of Disease
Chapel Of Ghouls
Where The Slime Live
Bil Ur-Sag
God Of Emptiness
World Of Shit (The Promised Land)

MA played for a little over an hour. I am not sure if time was cut short but this set did seem a bit shorter compared to other shows i've seen on this current tour. Nonetheless, they sounded amazing and i hope they come back soon. I am starting to wonder what the "J" album will be like already. Too soon to think?! I don't think so

Last edited by Nickweiser; 10-05-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: type o
Old 10-05-2012, 01:18 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Yeah, it was definitely Sworn to the Black.

I'm pretty sure Grave and Dark Funeral sets were the same as the other dates. I think Dark Funeral might have mixed their set's order up a little.

Side note: Mojoe's needs to either restrict drinking to upstairs again or stop selling fucking glass bottles. The last three shows have had broken glass all over in the pit. Also, at this one the floor was so slippery for Morbid Angel's set that a bunch of people were just sliding across the floor like it was a sheet of ice.
9/27 Blood Feast
10/3 Judas Priest
10/4 Deceased
10/18 Satan
Old 10-05-2012, 02:54 PM
N00B

pretty much the same old setlist they've been playing for years now.. ugh.. I really miss Steve Tucker now.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:14 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by valgalder View Post
pretty much the same old setlist they've been playing for years now.. ugh.. I really miss Steve Tucker now.
I thought Steve Tucker was awesome, and Formulas Fatal to the Flesh is probably my favorite MA album.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 10-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by valgalder View Post
When Steve Tucker was in the band they would only play one or two songs off Altars of Madness. Sometimes they didn't play any. Yes, they really need to change the set up a bit, but I'd still gladly take it over anything they were doing in the early 2000s.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:34 PM
N00B

Side note: Mojoe's needs to either restrict drinking to upstairs again or stop selling fucking glass bottles. The last three shows have had broken glass all over in the pit. Also, at this one the floor was so slippery for Morbid Angel's set that a bunch of people were just sliding across the floor like it was a sheet of ice. [/quote]

Mojoes just needs to stop selling glass bottles. MOST if not almost all venues poor the glass bottle into a cup, that floor was getting pretty bad. The glass spreaded everywhere from one of the bottles. I was watching my step anywhere i moved. In case you were wondering, i was the dude with red/brown hair put back with bandana and hoodie and black pants and boots. I go to plenty of shows in the IL area and know GarageMetal as well!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
When Steve Tucker was in the band they would only play one or two songs off Altars of Madness. Sometimes they didn't play any. Yes, they really need to change the set up a bit, but I'd still gladly take it over anything they were doing in the early 2000s.
It's too bad they've gone from one extreme to the other.

I mean I loved hearing all those Altars and Covenant songs, but playing only one song from Blessed is pretty lame. And no Tucker songs (Bil-Ur Sag excluded) is pretty lame. At least they should play a few more Blessed songs and a few less Covenant songs.

Even though they're playing pretty much the same set I've seen twice now, I will still be going to see them on the 14th.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by srm90 View Post
It's too bad they've gone from one extreme to the other.
Some would say they're just too extreme.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickweiser View Post
Side note: Mojoe's needs to either restrict drinking to upstairs again or stop selling fucking glass bottles. The last three shows have had broken glass all over in the pit. Also, at this one the floor was so slippery for Morbid Angel's set that a bunch of people were just sliding across the floor like it was a sheet of ice.

Mojoes just needs to stop selling glass bottles. MOST if not almost all venues poor the glass bottle into a cup, that floor was getting pretty bad. The glass spreaded everywhere from one of the bottles. I was watching my step anywhere i moved. In case you were wondering, i was the dude with red/brown hair put back with bandana and hoodie and black pants and boots. I go to plenty of shows in the IL area and know GarageMetal as well!
Slipping on a floor that has broken glass all over it?

Yeah, they need to pour that shit into cups. I always roll my eyes when the wasted motherfuckers walk into the pit with a full cup of beer right before the band is about to play because I know they're going to spill it immediately when they start. I got a whole pitcher of beer poured on me by some drunk chick when I went to see Posessed earlier this year.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Some would say they're just too extreme.
Well played, sir.

Tags
morbid angel