Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 09-29-2012, 11:11 AM
N00B

I went to the first show of the tour last night in Phoenix. I don't know Manson's material so I didn't keep track of any songs to make an actual review thread. Would've liked to see All That Remains but they went on hella early and honestly this festival lineup was garbage so I went late!

A couple of thoughts:

-Cory Taylor did acoustic guitar on the main stage and ended his set 10-20 minutes EARLY. It was funny to see him singing love songs with all of Manson's crosses and dark props behind him.

-I had VIP with free catering but apparently this wasn't ballin' enough to attend Sid's DJ set. He was not on any of the stages or between bands. It was an 'after party' after Rob Zombie's set where they had a special VIP-type area set up outside next to the normal VIP. I could hear him pounding dance music untz untz untz but I didn't have a pink 'Rockstar' wristband to go see if it was worth checking out. He did not start playing until near the end, or after the concert. I was over there between Manson and Zombie and there was no music yet.

- Why the fuck is Buckcherry on this lineup? Or is that just some shows?

Marilyn Manson

I'm not a Manson fan and don't know his music so I don't know if these comments are typical for his set or not. I give him a lot of respect and wanted to see him live. Some observations:

- Manson opens with the Suspiria theme. Seriously, a classic horror theme youtube it!

- Tons of Background vocals. He wasn't lip-syncing but I was surprised at how many songs had them.

- He had a lot of energy at the beginning but burnt out and lost the crowd toward the end. I will be surprised if he makes it through the whole tour based on his performance.

- He kept throwing shit and talking to the drummer between songs when he would go change wardrobe. I don't know if he was pissed or being a cool rock star.

- Vocals were super low compared to all other acts. His speech between songs was unintelligible!

- During Dope Show the s in "DRUGS" on his huge stage lights went out and stayed out lol

- He drop kicked a water bottle hella far but surpassed that by throwing a water bottle 100s of feet almost to the lawn area! Quarterback Manson I couldn't believe how far that thing went hahaha best part of the night!

Overall, I dug his set and hope he either shortens it or builds up some more energy before he drops out like J DEVIL lol

Rob Zombie

- Entertaining as always. Played all the normal songs with a lot of the same videos as last time I saw him a few years ago. So if you went to Mayhem 2010 it's pretty much the same.

- John 5's guitar solo is still incredible as Zombie wanders the audience.

- Lords of Salem trailer is shown toward the end. Looks sick and twisted, much better than the Halloween remakes!

- Rob's voice kept getting hoarse and would make me nervous every couple verses as he himself could tell he needed more than water! Hope him and Manson can make it! Rob had tons of energy and put on a great show and a lotttttt better vocal performance than his last few tours I have seen him.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:54 AM
N00B

Cool review man. Can't wait for this show in October.
5/11-Behemoth
5/29-Radiohead
6/26-Maiden
7/1-Roger Waters
8/3-Mayhem Fest
9/16-Kiss/Crue
Old 09-29-2012, 01:09 PM
N00B

Cool post, thanks for the review! I found Manson's set list online this morning and it seemed like it was the exact same set he's been playing, but the stage set up is new.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

I want to go to this to see Zombie since i haven't yet but tickets are almost $90 for cheap seats and Manson recently just has lost it musically and as a person.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I want to go to this to see Zombie since i haven't yet but tickets are almost $90 for cheap seats and Manson recently just has lost it musically and as a person.

No idea where you're getting that info.

$80.50 for floor and lower loge.
$49.75 for upper loge and balcony.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04...1&minorcatid=1
Old 10-02-2012, 05:58 PM
N00B

Quote:
As a college student who makes next to nothing, I suggest buying a lawn ticket. Zombie is worth every penny. I paid $70 for a front row seat, and I have a feeling it'll be worth it.

As for Manson, I just watched a few videos from the tour. I really wish he'd cut back on the drugs. I understand he's entitled to do what he wants, but it's clearly effecting his performances, and has for years. Also, I'd love to see something more than a greatest hits set. At least Rob has the performance to back it up.

Last edited by InFlamesOfBirchmen; 10-02-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlamesOfBirchmen View Post
As a college student who makes next to nothing, I suggest buying a lawn ticket. Zombie is worth every penny. I paid $70 for a front row seat, and I have a feeling it'll be worth it.

As for Manson, I just watched a few videos from the tour. I really wish he'd cut back on the drugs. I understand he's entitled to do what he wants, but it's clearly effecting his performances, and has for years. Also, I'd love to see something more than a greatest hits set. At least Rob has the performance to back it up.
It's in a arena and those $70 are the extreme nosebleeds. I know Zombie will tour again and Manson will drop off the face of the earth again soon from drug use.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
It's in a arena and those $70 are the extreme nosebleeds. I know Zombie will tour again and Manson will drop off the face of the earth again soon from drug use.
Again, no idea where you're getting that info from.

$80 for floor and first 3 loge sections on either side of the stage.
$70 for the first 2 sections of the balcony closest to the stage on either side and the 4 back sections of the loge.
$50 & $60 for the back nosebleeds.

Everything is still available. Show isn't even halfway sold out.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04...1&minorcatid=1
Old 10-04-2012, 05:20 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Anyone have any information on Dallas or Houston? Every time I try and go through Ticketbastard, I keep getting errors.

...if they're sold out, I'm gonna be pissed.
10/28 - Mike Watt
10/29 - Melvins
11/7 - 7 Seconds
Old 10-04-2012, 05:55 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampinUp46 View Post
Anyone have any information on Dallas or Houston? Every time I try and go through Ticketbastard, I keep getting errors.

...if they're sold out, I'm gonna be pissed.
Go to verizontheater.com , it's where I work and we don't sell through ticket master. However it is pretty well sold.