After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 09-07-2012, 01:23 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Jesus fuck, how could you go from the 2009 lineup to this??
The 2009 lineup was one the most fun shows I've been to, second only to Scion Rock Fest. It's really sad how this once great festival has turned into such a pile of shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by street_burial View Post
I'd watch 19 of those bands
We've already established that you're a faggot, no need to constantly remind us
That actually made me laugh.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
happened. Black Veil Brides and Asking Alexandria will sell more tickets than Exodus and Suffocation.
Obviously those bands will sell more tickets, but that's not exactly what happened. The organizers have booked -core festivals from the start. Summer Slam, December Decimation, So Cal Deathfest, and Spring Breakdown were all done by them. The problem is that they've turned California Metalfest into a parody of itself. I see no reason why they couldn't have just started a new festival for that while keeping California Metalfest a predominantly metal festival, like they were doing up until 2011.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:04 AM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Obviously those bands will sell more tickets, but that's not exactly what happened. The organizers have booked -core festivals from the start. Summer Slam, December Decimation, So Cal Deathfest, and Spring Breakdown were all done by them. The problem is that they've turned California Metalfest into a parody of itself. I see no reason why they couldn't have just started a new festival for that while keeping California Metalfest a predominantly metal festival, like they were doing up until 2011.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Because why have one festival that makes more money and one festival that makes less money when the two can be combined (if it's even fair to call this a "combined festival")? If one combined makes more than the two it doesn't make sense to have two. They're probably doing this anticipating this year's festival will be more productive than having the two like they have in the past. And they're probably right.

Summer Slam in '10 had ABRB and Oceano. Spring Breakdown in '11 had Chelsea Grin, Oceano and For Today. Southern Cal Deathfest had Cattle Decapitation and a bunch of bands with insignificant draw. Then again, I'm not sure how much these bands draw in Southern Cal, but none of those festivals even compare to this one. This festival is the motherload. The draw will be enormous.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
Because why have one festival that makes more money and one festival that makes less money when the two can be combined (if it's even fair to call this a "combined festival")? If one combined makes more than the two it doesn't make sense to have two. They're probably doing this anticipating this year's festival will be more productive than having the two like they have in the past. And they're probably right.

Summer Slam in '10 had ABRB and Oceano. Spring Breakdown in '11 had Chelsea Grin, Oceano and For Today. Southern Cal Deathfest had Cattle Decapitation and a bunch of bands with insignificant draw. Then again, I'm not sure how much these bands draw in Southern Cal, but none of those festivals even compare to this one. This festival is the motherload. The draw will be enormous.
You missed my point. I'm not opposed to them doing a bunch of small -core festivals each year or one giant one. I was simply pointing out that they didn't just now realize the money was in the metalcore/deathcore bands and not the metal bands. They had been booking these festivals while also booking California Metalfest, which sold very well both years I attended. Obviously focusing on a big -core festival will make them more money, but why did they have to stop booking metal? They've just turned their backs on it. And it's a shame, because with how much they've expanded (judging by all of the big bands on this lineup), they could have put together a really awesome metal festival if they wanted.

Last edited by treghet; 09-07-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Jesus fuck, how could you go from the 2009 lineup to this?? Why is Shadows Fall so low? They're at the same level as Sleeping Giant
Seriously. This festival is a complete joke now.

Black Veil Brides and Pierce The Veil at a Metal Festival? Are you kidding me?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Banned Asshole

Old 10-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Mick Foley is a asshole in person but Diamond Dallas Page is extremely nice and very cool to talk to and I'd love to meet Jimmy Hart.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:38 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

I'm really happy that all these shitty bands are performing together for this festival because it prevents them from infecting the good tours that are coming here.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 10-04-2012, 11:10 AM
D.B.B.

Mick Foley and DDP?! Fuck why must they be at this piece of crap festival! I want to see DDP in person!