Sleep -- Chicago, IL -- August 29th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Clarkston, MI -- August 24th, 2014
Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Professor Nutbutter

I have seen Shinedown 10 times, dating back to january of 2004. I have two things to say:
1. their setlists blow
2. their latest album blows

They have completely left out so many far superior songs such as Left Out, Lost in the Crowd, No More Love, Better Version, In Memory, Lacerated, Crying Out, Heroes, I Dare You, Yer Majesty, Trade Yourself In, Begin Again, Atmosphere, Cry For Help, Sin With A Grin, Cyanide Sweet Tooth. How bad-ass of a show would that set be? They are basically turning into a bubblegum rock band. What hooked me with them was how heavy their live sets were, and that is virtually gone.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:11 PM
N00B

Totally agree. They pretty much do not think they made the first 2 albums. I like the last 2 albums, but they need to mix it up.
Tom Petty
Louder than Life Fest
ADTR/BMTH
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 10-02-2012, 07:58 PM
things are more than just what you see

da fuck shinedown? I totally did not get this set. although no fly from the inside is lame.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 10-02-2012, 08:17 PM
N00B

I would LOVE to see this set, to bad it will NEVER happen

1)Heroes
2)Left Out
3)Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide
4)Save Me
5)I Dare You
6)Junkies For Fame
7)Nowhere Kids
8)Yer Majesty
9)Lady So Divine
10)If You Only Knew
11)Breaking Inside
12)Shed Some Light
13)Burning Bright
14)Lost In The Crowd
15)What A Shame
16)Second Chance
17)All I've Ever Wanted
18)45
19)Fly From The Inside
Old 10-03-2012, 01:04 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNobleFaceHumper View Post
I would LOVE to see this set, to bad it will NEVER happen

1)Heroes
2)Left Out
3)Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide
4)Save Me
5)I Dare You
6)Junkies For Fame
7)Nowhere Kids
8)Yer Majesty
9)Lady So Divine
10)If You Only Knew
11)Breaking Inside
12)Shed Some Light
13)Burning Bright
14)Lost In The Crowd
15)What A Shame
16)Second Chance
17)All I've Ever Wanted
18)45
19)Fly From The Inside
I would be stoked for that set, but no way that ever happens. I doubt 13-15 of those songs ever get played again.
Tom Petty
Louder than Life Fest
ADTR/BMTH
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 10-03-2012, 09:12 AM
things are more than just what you see

The only thing I can say is just because save me got cut for this touring cycle does not mean that the song is never going to be played again. I mean think about it this way has it sat out a tour since it came out? no probably not until this tour. look at maiden, has hallowed be thy name sat out a tour since it came out, until this year no I don't think so, they sat it out this year and is anyone going oh my god they're never going to play hallowed again? no, the idea that shinedown will "never" play save me again is silly. That being said it does blow a big one that it isn't in the set this year.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 10-03-2012, 01:09 PM
N00B

Shinedown is not Maiden, thats the problem. They are not gonna switch a setlist around alot every tour. They are gonna play new material and the biggest hits. Save Me is just not as big as the other hits.
Tom Petty
Louder than Life Fest
ADTR/BMTH
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 10-03-2012, 02:48 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickLed19 View Post
Shinedown is not Maiden, thats the problem. They are not gonna switch a setlist around alot every tour. They are gonna play new material and the biggest hits. Save Me is just not as big as the other hits.
I think there is a chance they may play it again in the future. I saw them on April 13 at the beginning of the tour and they were still doing it. It seems like they swapped it out for I'll Follow You, when they switched from doing headlining shows to playing summer festival gigs. I guess that's logical also, because there would be more "causal fans" at festivals that they want to plug the new album for, so that there is a better chance more people will buy it. Most hardcore or more devoted fans from the headlining gigs most likely have already bought Amaryllis.

I personally find is disappointing that they playing nothing off Us And Them, but I think there is a good chance when they go back to playing headlining gigs at actual venues that they will bring back a song off Us And Them. I haven't checked for upcoming tour dates after Uproar (or if there are any), so I don't know when that would be.
Bastille (10/18)
Old 10-03-2012, 02:50 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickLed19 View Post
Exactly. That's the downside to being a massively successful mainstream act, you're basically sucked into the mainstream ideology of having to stick to your hits at all costs. As much as hardcore fans of a band like Shinedown would go nuts if they played stuff like Trade Yourself In, Lady So Divine, etc... for the average, majority person at one of their shows, that would be the "WTF is this is this? Oh well, beer break" song. Now, there are some bands who refuse to get put into that category, but by and large, it's probably the biggest limitation of being a mainstream success, especially when you get to having 8-10 or more hits. Doesn't leave much room for anything else other than plugging your new album.

That being said, I saw Shinedown in April (girlfriend wanted to go, it was a gift to her), they played "Save Me" and "Fly From the Inside" at that show.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:11 PM
N00B

Another thing with Shinedown now, they were playing 19 or 20 songs at headlining gigs a few years ago. Now they are down to doing 15 or 16. When I saw them a few years ago they played Save Me, Heroes, Burning Bright, Left Out, and I Dare You. If only Brent Smith shut up, he spends more time talking than he does playing.
Tom Petty
Louder than Life Fest
ADTR/BMTH
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper

Tags
adelita's way, candlelight red, deuce, fozzy, godsmack, mindset evolution, p.o.d., redlight king, shinedown, staind