Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 09-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

So tomorrow I am moving some of my stuff into my familys new house although since my room is still having the tiles put in I won't actually be living in the room for anywhere between a week and two weeks. That means i won't have a computer. Now I might be able to use my familys laptop after I set up wifi and check back the site but if not then I won't be back on till my room is done.

Now if I really need / want to talk to anyone I'll either talk to you on facebook or text you.

So see you guys then, when I get back you'll get to hear about how fucking great the Trapped Under Ice show was with JD.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:16 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
About to head out with some friends to go see GZA perform Liquid Swords in its entirety. This will be my 6th, or 7th time seeing GZA perform this amazing album.
Wait, what?! Where?!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:25 PM
That Guy

Spent all night on band related matters. Back on the 16th, my band got an incredible gig offer for a show in about 4-5 months from now. 3/4ths of my band was all for it, but my guitarist wanted no part in it because he didn't think we would be ready by then to do this show. He thought this way so much that he quit a week later. Since then my bassist, singer, and I have been trying to figure out what to do. Tonight we got together and decided to carry on in the musical style we had been for the last few months and also make the band a 5 piece. My bassist is switching to guitar, we are adding another guitarist who is a friend of ours, and we will be auditioning for a bassist starting tomorrow. We already have 4 bassists interested, which is pretty cool considering bassists and drummers are usually the hardest musicians to find.

For anyone interested I will make a thread about it in the musician's section once we get everything finalized. And the show I eluded to in this post will have some of you guys very, very interested.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:42 PM
not the mama

Quote:
About to head out with some friends to go see GZA perform Liquid Swords in its entirety. This will be my 6th, or 7th time seeing GZA perform this amazing album.
Did Killer Mike open this show? I am trying to go to the New York one. Killer Mike opening is icing on the cake.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
Did Killer Mike open this show? I am trying to go to the New York one. Killer Mike opening is icing on the cake.
I heard about the NY show but I had no idea Killer Mike was opening. That sounds like a great show.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:57 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Well fuck me...

I have seen GZA 6-7 times now, and he usually comes out no earlier than 12 am - 12:30 am, with the exception of rock the bells which is a pretty organized rap festival. So we get to the venue at 11pm and decided to kick it old school style and puff a couple of blunts, crack open a couple brews before heading in. We finally get our tickets around 11:45pm and go inside only to find GZA performing..

Not only that, but five minutes later the show is over. So we basically paid 20 bucks to see GZA play for 5 minutes...

First Obituary last night, Gza Tonight... My streak of shows hasn't been very good.. Well, i'm a go get some rest. I got work in six hours. And then...SUFFOCATION

EDIT: We all tried getting a refund but the son of a bitch wouldn't give us our money back...
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 09-29-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Well fuck me...

I have seen GZA 6-7 times now, and he usually comes out no earlier than 12 am - 12:30 am, with the exception of rock the bells which is a pretty organized rap festival. So we get to the venue at 11pm and decided to kick it old school style and puff a couple of blunts, crack open a couple brews before heading in. We finally get our tickets around 11:45pm and go inside only to find GZA performing..

Not only that, but five minutes later the show is over. So we basically paid 20 bucks to see GZA play for 5 minutes...

First Obituary last night, Gza Tonight... My streak of shows hasn't been very good.. Well, i'm a go get some rest. I got work in six hours. And then...SUFFOCATION

EDIT: We all tried getting a refund but the son of a bitch wouldn't give us our money back...
Well that blows donkey dick. I saw Dom Kennedy and he was okay.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Well that blows donkey dick. I saw Dom Kennedy and he was whatever.
ahahahhaha, cmon dude. Don't compare Dom Kennedy to a legend like the GZA of Wu Tang Clan. And yeah it does blow donkey dick, especially since this is as close as GZA will ever have to playing near me. Every other time has usually been a 40-60 minute drive. The show tonight at the observatory is only about 10 minutes away from my pad. The worst part is that we were there and parked and we could have still made it but meh, it's our own faults, no one else to blame so what ever..

But..

Suffocation in 22 more hours

Scott PMed me his cell number, but I just remembered that my cell phone battery is chipped meaning it is kind of fucked right now for the time being. But I'll find you guys.
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 09-29-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
ahahahhaha, cmon dude. Don't compare Dom Kennedy to a legend like the GZA of Wu Tang Clan. And yeah it does blow donkey dick, especially since this is as close as GZA will ever have to playing near me. Every other time has usually been a 40-60 minute drive. The show tonight at the observatory is only about 10 minutes away from my pad. The worst part is that we were there and parked and we could have still made it but meh, it's our own faults, no one else to blame so what ever..

But..

Suffocation in 22 more hours

Scott PMed me his cell number, but I just remembered that my cell phone battery is chipped meaning it is kind of fucked right now for the time being. But I'll find you guys.
I wasnt comparing them just kinda put out there. haha Ive never really heard GZA but I've heard me some Wu Tang Clan.

Yeah we gotta meet prior to Suffocation/Origin cuz I dont know how we"re gonna kill time that gig doesnt start til 10pm.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post

we gotta meet prior to Suffocation/Origin cuz I dont know how we"re gonna kill time that gig doesnt start til 10pm.
FOSHIZZLE, It's all good amigo, will see what happens. I'm gonna go catch some Zzzz's before i start work. Guh night
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer