Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014
Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014

Old 09-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
Pshhh. This is the best action this thread has seen since, ever.

I think we need to hear more about Muse. I'm still not getting a strong sense of how anyone feels about it.
STIR DAT POT MUTHAFUCKA

but srsly...check my post above about Caspian.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
STIR DAT POT MUTHAFUCKA

but srsly...check my post above about Caspian.
Finally got Spin to work for me.

I'm still on the first track, which I've already heard, but... whoah. I was expecting it to lead into the next one. Porcellous kind of did away with that build up...

Time to devote my being to this album, better retire for the night.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

Quote:
You really think I don't know how to spell "minutes"? Really? Do you think anybody here is buying that shit?

Your misuse of the word "then", however, is well-documented. You do it all the time, so clearly it's not a typo. Mine was. Obviously.
I fucking hate when people pull that shit There's a significant difference between a typo (which everyone makes from time to time) and not understanding proper grammar.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:18 PM
That Guy

Quote:
You really think I don't know how to spell "minutes"? Really? Do you think anybody here is buying that shit?

Your misuse of the word "then", however, is well-documented. You do it all the time, so clearly it's not a typo. Mine was. Obviously.

..and as far as the ongoing argument about the music (which is about to stop now), the fact of the matter is that you bailed on the album and the band after giving them twenty lousy minutes. That's lame. End of story. I nearly hated Yellow & Green on first listen, but now it's one of my favorite releases of 2012. That happened because I took a patient approach with the music - fact. ...and as far as your pitiful excuse about having too many albums and too little time (you big bad media mogul, you )...trust me, if there's a motherfucker on this forum who's busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger, then it's me way the fuck more than it is you.

...but I still find time to be objective. Either that, or I just keep my trap shut and let the people who have actually listened to the album give their (hopefully informed) opinions on it.

tl;dr: you ripped the fuck out of an album based on listening to half of it and that makes you lame
No need to post the tl;dr bullshit. If someone is posting shit about me, I read the whole thing.

Do you want me to check out the other half just to say that I'm not going to like it? I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong.

And more importantly, why does it matter to you what I do? You liked it, fine. Muse is a talented band. I didn't like the last 3 Muse albums because its in a style I don't like. I gave it a shot for half an album's worth, it didn't catch on with me. Why does that make me lame to not continue to listen to an album I didn't enjoy. I have no reason to do that to anyone who doesn't like an album I enjoy, that's just stupid. If you don't like a movie or a tv show and you stop watching it because it wasn't interesting to you, does that make you stupid. If you buy a video game, and you don't enjoy it so you stop playing it, does that make you lame too?

And now you're knocking what I do for a profession now. Jesus, seriously? I'm not sure what you do for a living, but you must be doing it right to remain as busy as you do and still find time to enjoy music. I don't. So why the fuck knock me for not taking the time to finish an album I didn't enjoy?

I know it's a hard concept to understand, but if someone doesn't enjoy something, unless they are subjected to it or have to do it for a living or a reason that is against their will, people choose not to partake in said thing anymore.

tl;dr I didn't enjoy it, get over it
Old 09-26-2012, 10:30 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Do both of you realize that you are fighting because one of you did not give the new Muse album a fair chance? Do both of you realize that you are suppose to be adults? I can't believe what you did MPF, YOU ARE CAUSING THE DOWN FALL OF THE ENTIRE PLANET EARTH!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:37 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Do both of you realize that you are fighting because one of you did not give the new Muse album a fair chance? Do both of you realize that you are suppose to be adults? I can't believe what you did MPF, YOU ARE CAUSING THE DOWN FALL OF THE ENTIRE PLANET EARTH!
I just think its funny that it actually matters.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:42 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I just think its funny that it actually matters.
It doesn't matter.

I'm going to checkout the new Muse album. I liked some of the songs I have heard from The Resistance and Black Holes and Revelations. Music like that usualy isn't what I listen too but I agree with the bands views on the world and their lyrics, that's what drew me to them a few years ago.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:02 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
hahaha my friend made that up. I just found it too funny not to post.
nice save
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 09-27-2012, 06:23 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
nice save
It wasn't a save or are you trying to say I don't have friends?
Old 09-27-2012, 06:51 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroRob View Post
I fucking hate when people pull that shit There's a significant difference between a typo (which everyone makes from time to time) and not understanding proper grammar.
Learn to use periods.

7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac