Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon-- Worcester, MA-- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, ON -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 09-24-2012, 07:03 AM
not the mama

Well A$AP Rocky w/ A$AP Mob, Schoolboy-Q, and Danny Brown last night turned out to be one of my favorite concerts of the year even for a rap concert. Danny Brown especially was insane and is the first rapper I have seen live where I have had the feeling coming out that I really need to see this dude every single time he comes around, seriously a great performer. Even the interludes between bands, the DJ stuff was great at this show, the dude played banger after banger of some of the best new school rap with old school rap and the crowd loved it.

Even though I missed two of my favorite bands playing NYC (Katatonia and DTP), I am glad to say that I was not disappointed by what I went to instead. Great show.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:07 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
Well A$AP Rocky w/ A$AP Mob, Schoolboy-Q, and Danny Brown last night turned out to be one of my favorite concerts of the year even for a rap concert. Danny Brown especially was insane and is the first rapper I have seen live where I have had the feeling coming out that I really need to see this dude every single time he comes around, seriously a great performer. Even the interludes between bands, the DJ stuff was great at this show, the dude played banger after banger of some of the best new school rap with old school rap and the crowd loved it.

Even though I missed two of my favorite bands playing NYC (Katatonia and DTP), I am glad to say that I was not disappointed by what I went to instead. Great show.
Thanks for the mini review. Me and a couple of my friends are going to be hitting this show up on October 26th! reading your review is getting me pretty excited! How was ASAP? I hope he plays "Leaf", "Goldie" and "Keep it G"!
11/14 - Slayer
Old 09-24-2012, 10:10 AM
N00B

Have an Asap setlist?
Fleetwood Mac
New Found Glory
Old 09-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Rats off to ya

I've heard a lot of people say A$AP is god awful live. I heard they play the full song, not just the instrumental, over the PA and half the time he's not even rapping and just has the crowd rap along. Maybe he's gotten better since then. If I ever went to a hip hop show and the full song was coming out of the PA I would be very disappointed. I understand that not everybody can have a live band but is it really that hard to get your own instrumentals for live shows?
Old 09-24-2012, 02:45 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
If I ever went to a hip hop show and the full song was coming out of the PA I would be very disappointed.
That's EXACTLY how it was for Mob Deep at Rock The bells 2011. Piss poor performance, and as you said...just god awful. Both mobb deep sounded horrible and it just made it worst they were rapping over their actually songs, rather than an instrumental. That's why i respect people like GZA, planet asia, ect. They sound incredible and it just sounds flat out awesome to hear them rapping over their respective songs with just the instrumental. Sometimes i won't even look at them and it will sound incredible hearing the rap over their beats.

Heres a great example.. Oh, and I'm in this video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sm2retX5co
11/14 - Slayer
Old 09-24-2012, 03:49 PM
not the mama

I don't think he was lip synching and I don't think I heard the full song coming of the speaker and I am not really familiar with his songs enough to know if he cut them but they seemed long enough to me. Danny Brown also came out to do a song with him and I know they at least played that one in full because it was a couple verses for each of them. Or he could've sucked......I dunno I was 4 blunts in at that point of the show .

There's no denying that Danny Brown will steal the show from the beginning. There was even moments where he completely dropped the music and just rattled off his verses perfectly.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Altars of Radness

I am going to see Kreator after all! I won tickets.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Dave Meniketti is God.

High On Fire
Goatwhore
Primate
Lo-Pan

November 24th
The Sinclair
Cambridge, MA
Old 09-24-2012, 04:57 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
I've heard a lot of people say A$AP is god awful live. I heard they play the full song, not just the instrumental, over the PA and half the time he's not even rapping and just has the crowd rap along. Maybe he's gotten better since then. If I ever went to a hip hop show and the full song was coming out of the PA I would be very disappointed. I understand that not everybody can have a live band but is it really that hard to get your own instrumentals for live shows?
I saw A$AP a few months back, I dug his music but I was kinda disappointed with his show. I still might go see them in November, but last time I saw them it was bad. They just played the music over the PA and tried going crazy like Odd Future
Old 09-25-2012, 10:17 AM
not the mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
I saw A$AP a few months back, I dug his music but I was kinda disappointed with his show. I still might go see them in November, but last time I saw them it was bad. They just played the music over the PA and tried going crazy like Odd Future
Yeah I definitely see what you mean by them trying to be like Odd Future. His crew was stage diving everywhere but I thought it was pretty cool mainly because I saw Odd Future a few weeks ago in CT and they were highly disappointing compared to when I saw them in NY, besides the crowd sucking none of them even bothered stage diving or giving it their usual and their set was severely cut from other dates of the tour. I know Tyler was sick but the rest of them did not even try to make up for it. With A$AP Rocky I felt like the crowd was way more active and the fact that the A$AP Mob at least tried to put on an energetic performance made it the rare case where I preferred them to Odd Future.