Ne Obliviscaris -- Sydney, Australia -- November 27th, 2014
Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-19-2012, 11:37 AM
N00B

Yeah Jesus, i know NOLA is the fan favorite but would it kill Phil to drop a few songs and replace some songs from Over the Under? That album has grown on me over the past few years. N.O.D was played regularly on the last few tours. I would love to hear Beneath the Tides, 3 Sons and One Star, or In The Thrill of it All.

I wish they'd throw something different in from Down II. I can live with "Ghosts" being permanent in the set. I would like to see something like, A Man that Follows Hell or Stained Glass Cross. It's cool they threw in There's Something on My Side....Either way i'm still looking forward to seeing them again.

Last edited by Blacktooth85; 09-19-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 AM
MetalSetLists's Smartest Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktooth85 View Post
Yeah Jesus, i know NOLA is the fan favorite but would it kill Phil to drop a few songs and replace some songs from Over the Under? That album has grown on me over the past few years. N.O.D was played regularly on the last few tours. I would love to hear Beneath the Tides, 3 Sons and One Star, or In The Thrill of it All.

I wish they'd throw something different in from Down II. I can live with "Ghosts" being permanent in the set. I would like to see something like, A Man that Follows Hell or Stained Glass Cross. It's cool they threw in There's Something on My Side....Either way i'm still looking forward to seeing them again.
Stained Glass Cross would be AWESOME!! Definitely can't get rid of Ghosts and Lysergic though, probably not New Orleans either
Old 09-19-2012, 05:08 PM
N00B

I can't believe nothing offa 'Over..'

pretty cool setlist.

How was the crowd?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:19 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Could be wrong so don't quote me.

But isn't Stained Glass Cross one of the only songs Down hasn't done live ever? I thought I read an interview w/ Phil or someone from Down talking about the songs from albums they've never done and I think that was one that hasn't ever been played. Might be wrong though.

But I love Stained Glass Cross. I find it odd that they haven't ever done it live. Sadly, w/ so many new EP's coming, if it hasn't been played on previous tours the chances of it ever being played are probably slim.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Lifeís swinging hard but Iím swinging harder.

DOWWWN! Nice set but like other folks have been saying, you can't neglect Over the Under. Bury Me in Smoke is still one of the heaviest songs I've witnessed live
Old 09-22-2012, 12:35 AM
N00B

I find it very safe to say i am not alone at all on the lack of "Over The Under" songs! Down, where are you guys to take notice?!?!!?
Old 09-22-2012, 07:40 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Could be wrong so don't quote me.

But isn't Stained Glass Cross one of the only songs Down hasn't done live ever? I thought I read an interview w/ Phil or someone from Down talking about the songs from albums they've never done and I think that was one that hasn't ever been played. Might be wrong though.

But I love Stained Glass Cross. I find it odd that they haven't ever done it live. Sadly, w/ so many new EP's coming, if it hasn't been played on previous tours the chances of it ever being played are probably slim.
"stained glass cross" was played at some shows on the final leg of the "down II" tour in fall of 2002. they played it when i saw them at metropol in pittsburgh that year, phil said they'd been asked a lot why they didn't play it so they threw it in that tour.

could have something to do with the organ as to why its not played often
Old 09-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Seen Down 14 times. Heard every real song live with Dog Tired & Thrall Of It All at soundcheck EXCEPT for Where I'm Going & Landing On The Mountains Of Meggido. On Down II they have a few small pieces like St. Augustine Jam (?) that I don't consider real songs that I have not heard.

Tags
down