Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Megadeth -- Metaldays Festival, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Tinley Park, IL-- July 24th, 2014
Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014

Old 09-22-2012, 01:31 PM
not the mama

I know it's not saying much but Resident Evil Damnation was easily the best Resident Evil movie ever made and a pretty decent movie on its own rights. I highly recommend it to any Resident Evil fans. If anyone is confused, I am talking about the new animated movie and not the live action one. I do not really remember anything about the first animated film and I do not remember it being very good but this one was a huge improvement.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
I know it's not saying much but Resident Evil Damnation was easily the best Resident Evil movie ever made and a pretty decent movie on its own rights. I highly recommend it to any Resident Evil fans. If anyone is confused, I am talking about the new animated movie and not the live action one. I do not really remember anything about the first animated film and I do not remember it being very good but this one was a huge improvement.
I had never heard about it until surfing a movie site the other night. Now I have to check it out soon. The last RE animated movie was just okay.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:49 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
I enjoyed Degeneration, so I'll have to check this out.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

The Master was outstanding. At the risk of sounding like a quote on a movie poster, Joaquin Phoenix's performance is mesmerizing.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
2 good movies and a couple of decent ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
What this guy said.
Thirded.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
The Master was outstanding. At the risk of sounding like a quote on a movie poster, Joaquin Phoenix's performance is mesmerizing.
I almost saw that tonight. My wife and I went to see "End of Watch" (more on that in a minute), and we almost pulled the ol' illegal double feature to see "The Master", but we were too tired to make it through another movie and just decided to come home. We are truly getting old, because back in the day, that would have been a no-brainer. Then again, the second movie would have cost us another $20 (at least) in babysitting fees, so maybe we made the right choice.

Naw, but "End of Watch" was, simply put, the best movie I've seen all year. Hands down. Jake Gyllenhall might even deserve an Oscar for his performance - he was that good. Michael Pena was excellent as well. I'm not going to say a damn thing more about it, because in my opinion, the less you know about the movie before going to see it, the better. Just fucking go. That is all.

Oh, and the 15% of critics polled by Rotten Tomatoes who didn't like it should be shot in the head for being "I'm to cool for school" elitist fucktards.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 09-22-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Funny, because I almost went to see End of Watch instead. Maybe next weekend; I still really want to see it. Glad to hear it was good.

Both Joaquin Phoenix and Phillip Seymour Hoffman deserve Oscars for The Master. Hell, Amy Adams deserves a Supporting Actress award, because she totally steals the few scenes she was in.

I think that talking about Best Actor is a moot point this year, though. Daniel Day Lewis is playing Abraham Lincoln. Game over, man.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Funny, because I almost went to see End of Watch instead. Maybe next weekend; I still really want to see it. Glad to hear it was good.

Both Joaquin Phoenix and Phillip Seymour Hoffman deserve Oscars for The Master. Hell, Amy Adams deserves a Supporting Actress award, because she totally steals the few scenes she was in.

I think that talking about Best Actor is a moot point this year, though. .
Daniel Day Lewis is playing Abraham Lincoln. Game over, man

This. Hands down and the movie hasn't even come out.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:

I think that talking about Best Actor is a moot point this year, though. Daniel Day Lewis is playing Abraham Lincoln. Game over, man.
re: paragraph 1...see that shit. Definitely see that shit.

re: paragraph 2...yeah, PSH and Amy Adams were both fanfuckingtastic in "Doubt" a few years back too, but were probably overshadowed a bit by the hype surrounding Streep's performance (which was also outstanding). They both deserve Oscar nods at some point for sure.

re: paragraph 3...Yeah, you're probably right. Daniel Day Lewis is the fucking man. You'll see what I mean about JG though.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

I really, really want to see End of Watch and the excellent feedback is only elevating my anticipation. I'll hopefully/probably double feature it with Looper or Taken 2 within the next 2 weeks.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/