Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
DOWN! SO FUCKING HEAVY!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
Hands down it is Far Beyond Driven era Pantera. They may not have a huge production stage show like some bands but the musicianship, intensity and performance was one of a kind. Not to mention the setlist was awesome. I like TGSTK and RTS but those albums had songs which weren't as good in a live setting as songs from the 1st three albums.
Makes me super bummed I missed the show in March where Phil came out in Hollywood and did half of FBD. I knew about it the night before, but couldn't afford to make the trip out.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:16 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Roger Waters performing all of the Wall is still to this day the greatest concert that i have ever attended. Anyways, now to the bands..

Carcass, Suffocation, Napalm Death, Sepultura, and Portishead are easily the best live bands that I have seen.

Interesting story on suffocation...

I have only see suffocation once. The first and only time i witnessed the craziness that is SUFFOCATION was at the Anahiem California Metal Fest in March 2009. Carcass stole the show but suffocation hands down blew me away out of everyone on that bill. My god, I hate myself for not knowing their shit when i saw them, but my god…after i saw them at the california metal fest, i left a fucking fan. And then i checked out a little album called EFFIGY OF THE FORGOTTEN. After that…you know the rest buddy..

I went into that show not knowing who the fuck suffocation was, what kind of music they played, or how they would sound. All i saw was a couple of black dudes setting up their instruments and a tall bald white dude come out, next thing i know he says something to the extent of "Where suffocation and we been doing this shit for 20 years", after frank finished talking they roared into what was easily one of the heaviest, most brutal shit that i have ever fucking seen. My mind was BLOWN. I didn't know any of the material or anything they were playing. All I knew was that these guys were seriously some of the best sounding, live musicians that i have ever witnessed....and i look forward to the day that i get to see them again.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 09-15-2012, 07:45 PM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
Roger Waters performing all of the Wall is still to this day the greatest concert that i have ever attended. Anyways, now to the bands..

Carcass, Suffocation, Napalm Death, Sepultura, and Portishead are easily the best live bands that I have seen.

I have only see suffocation once. The first and only time i witnessed the craziness that is SUFFOCATION was at the Anahiem California Metal Fest in March 2009. Carcass stole the show but suffocation hands down blew me away out of everyone on that bill. My god, I hate myself for not knowing their shit when i saw them, but my god…after i saw them at the california metal fest, i left a fucking fan. And then i checked out a little album called EFFIGY OF THE FORGOTTEN. After that…you know the rest buddy..

I went into that show not knowing who the fuck suffocation was, what kind of music they played, or how they would sound. All i saw was a couple of black dudes setting up their instruments and a tall bald white dude come out, next thing i know he says something to the extent of "Where suffocation and we been doing this shit for 20 years", after frank finished talking they roared into what was easily one of the heaviest, most brutal shit that i have ever fucking seen. My mind was BLOWN. I didn't know any of the material or anything they were playing. All I knew was that these guys were seriously some of the best sounding, live musicians that i have ever witnessed....and i look forward to the day that i get to see them again.
I'm a late-comer to the Suffocation camp too and my first time seeing them in 2009 (opening for Carcass) was exactly the same.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; 09-15-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
I've seen them three times and I say it has imo; granted age has slowed them down a little but they kick ass harder than most bands half their age

when was the last time you saw 'em?
Glad to hear it. I hope to see them again one day soon. I think it has been at least twenty years since I've seen them, so yeah. I'm way fucking overdue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Soooo you've never seen Overkill?

Actually, I have. It was with Motorhead, and it was a couple of decades ago, so I don't remember a damn thing except how fucking LOUD Motorhead was. They are still one of the loudest bands I've ever seen.

But no, as far as Overkill, they hadn't been around that long when I saw 'em, but they've never really tripped my trigger in all the years I've been listening to metal. Can't really say why.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:37 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

I'd like to add Devin Townsend and Abigail Williams to my list.

Devin Townsend for obvious reasons, but Abigail Williams!? WHAH!? Seeing them in a small dive bar was absolutely amazing. No big stage with cool lighting. No big band they are supporting, just them doing their thing. It is unfortunate that they are calling it quits.

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 09-21-2012, 10:50 AM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I'd like to add Devin Townsend and Abigail Williams to my list.

Devin Townsend for obvious reasons, but Abigail Williams!? WHAH!? Seeing them in a small dive bar was absolutely amazing. No big stage with cool lighting. No big band they are supporting, just them doing their thing. It is unfortunate that they are calling it quits.
I sort of get the hate for Abigail Williams but both times I saw them live I thought they were pretty good. Even if it was two totally different bands. The second time I saw them open for Immolation I knew they were on the bill but I had no idea they were on-stage playing until the singer introduced themselves after three songs. I was like "that's not the same band I saw four years ago?!?!?!"

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 09-21-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:

Too bad you missed Suffocation when they did Summer Slaughter. Half of the set was from Effigy and the other half was Blood Oath.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:23 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Too bad you missed Suffocation when they did Summer Slaughter. Half of the set was from Effigy and the other half was Blood Oath.
I'm more bummed out about missing their 2010 headlining tour. I missed both the Pomona glass house and the Hollywood Whisky Shows.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 09-21-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I'm more bummed out about missing their 2010 headlining tour. I missed both the Pomona glass house and the Hollywood Whisky Shows.
Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that tour. I went to the Hollywood show and it kicked ass. I don't remember why I missed the Pomona show but I was forced to for some reason. The Hollywood show was on Halloween, so everyone was dressed up haha